Hurricane Ian - WDW Resorts Related Updates, Planning & Discussion

We are also at BWV. We brought a suitcase with some food and drink, but we’re able to replenish between the general store and Dundy’s Sundries. The CMs have done a fantastic job keeping the stores stocked. We were able to walk up for a Trattoria breakfast and have been hanging out with Chip and Dale in the lobby. Activities CMs also doing an excellent job. Saw people in the pool. The weather is pretty clear right now. It’s not raining and a slight breeze. Probably the calm before the storm. Be safe everyone. Here are recent pictures from Dundy’s Sundries. 861F14D3-3CB2-4C29-96F5-277DC2CC0C44.jpeg

Attachments

• 4C7A9005-FD67-4CBD-8859-59A52A0B227F.jpeg
    4C7A9005-FD67-4CBD-8859-59A52A0B227F.jpeg
    73.7 KB · Views: 92
Anyone at old key west have any clue as to what’s going on? Had breakfast at Olivia’s at 10am and the cast members weren’t sure if they were staying open for lunch/dinner. When are they advising we stay in our rooms from? Is the bar or restaurant still open? We’ve had zero communications - people were at bus stops this morning not even knowing parks were shut. Televisions broke last night and again this morning and after 30mins on the phone I was told sharply by someone on front desk that it was a known issue and they are working on it, no words of calmness or kindness - though to note other cast members we have encountered have been lovely. We have never faced hurricane conditions before (from England) so the lack of info whilst stuck in a Villa 10min walk from the lobby makes my anxiety through the roof. I do understand the cast members must be overwhelmed with guest queries and helping them but I can’t face a 10min soggy walk and 45min queue at the lobby to have any idea what is happening 😭
Hi we are at OKW. Goods to go at the HH were open or still are selling the lunch kits. The community room open for DVDs etc. the shop may still have some nice bits snd pieces. Yes not much info at all! We brought the balcony furniture in and filled the bath (just in case). Put extra water for drinking water in the fridge. We have a leak from the ceiling (not related to the Hurricane) waiting for that to get sorted. There is nothing else open but you can ask for extra coffee etc. the advice about closing curtains and staying away from windows is a good one. It will be a rough night I think but we are in safe buildings. We unplugged the TV and plugged it back in and it seemed to reset it, worth a try.

We are also at BWV. We brought a suitcase with some food and drink, but we’re able to replenish between the general store and Dundy’s Sundries. The CMs have done a fantastic job keeping the stores stocked. We were able to walk up for a Trattoria breakfast and have been hanging out with Chip and Dale in the lobby. Activities CMs also doing an excellent job. Saw people in the pool. The weather is pretty clear right now. It’s not raining and a slight breeze. Probably the calm before the storm. Be safe everyone. Here are recent pictures from Dundy’s Sundries. View attachment 706105
This is why I hate to see that Dundy’s Sundries is closing. I haven’t stayed at BWV/BWI during a hurricane, but I assume you can not go outside and access Screen Door during the peak of the storm, whereas you can go to Dundy’s since it’s in the main building. I hear they are putting in a cafe or coffe shop, which is more likely to be closed during a storm than a sundries store. I hope they consider that when designing the new facility.

She just called me directly on my cell phone to apologize and say that the BCV building is locking down at 3 and we won’t be able to get to the restaurants or Market after that.
The issue is you have to go outside to get from BCV to the main building, even if it’s just a short walk. They may have CMs at the doors keeping people inside when they start the lock down. So of course there is no way to get to the restaurants. Glad you’re gonna try to get foos before then.

Boardwalk is doing a dance party for the kids In the lobby. $7 sandwich kit is plenty for two people. These are in the Bel vu lounge. Pic is roast beef. They have egg salad, tuna salad, chicken salad, ham and cheese, roast beef, and maybe one or two other options and kid options also.
Sorry, I so replied K without knowing it. 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:

We really have no other time to visit WDW until next Fall Break. My daughter is a teacher, so unless she could take the time off, and take the children out of school, we will have to wait. Already have plans to go to the beach for Spring Break, and we are not interested in fighting the holiday or summer crowds.

Very helpful, thank you. Hopefully, we will have the same experience if we go. We do not plan to go to the parks until Tuesday.

Another question: Not sure how the Disney insurance (we did purchase) works if we cancelled and the resort was open for business!

Disney has announced that all Disney change and cancellation fees will be waived for anyone checking in from Monday, September 26 to Wednesday, October 5.

Poly pool and hot tub were hopping earlier today. Spoke to a CM who said they were going to close down at noon but as of this morning, info they received seems to be not as bad as they thought so remained open. Agree with the other Poly people that there has been minimal communication. Our patio furniture was actually taken out by staff while we were swimming. Lilo and stitch dance party currently in the lobby

Boardwalk is doing a dance party for the kids In the lobby. $7 sandwich kit is plenty for two people. These are in the Bel vu lounge. Pic is roast beef. They have egg salad, tuna salad, chicken salad, ham and cheese, roast beef, and maybe one or two other options and kid options also.
We're at the Boardwalk too. Just did a walk around the boardwalk and stop in at the Beach Club and Yacht Club. Beach Club was handing out free snack bags that included apple slices, carrots, an uncrustable, and two chocolate chip cookies.

edit to add there was an orange in the bag too.

Last edited:
A handful of observations:
- about 15 minutes ago the QS at Yacht Club only had the veggie wrap boxed lunch left - I assume they were hoping to replenish but I’m not sure.
- BC and YC both have the two of each item limit in place.
- Martha’s Vineyard (BC) is open for drinks (and is understandably busy).
- At just before 2pm there were signs on the BCV outside doors that they’d be shut from 3pm but when we came back through at about 2:20 they’d gone…

Finally was able to retrieve phone message that was left @ 1:50 something this afternoon. $15 buffet dinner being serve in the BW conference center from 5-6pm tonight. Boxed meals available in the lounge until 4pm. No other info offered. Guess I'll take another trek down to the lobby. Decided this morning to be proactive considering the total lack of communication and brought in the patio furniture myself. Made a last run to the shop on the Boardwalk earlier to grab a couple more large bottles of water before they shut down. I had grabbed some goodies from the Bakery in France & the Boardwalk Deli last night and water & a bottle of wine from the store yesterday morning.

Decided to take a stroll around the BW, was about at the furthest point from the YC when the skies opened up and the winds picked up. Oops! There were a ton of people out there walking around, but it sounds like a t-storm is coming now so everyone was rushing to get inside.

Just got back to the YC and the pool just closed. Guess it's time for some indoor time now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!