Hurricane Ian - WDW Resorts Related Updates, Planning & Discussion

Stormalong bay is back open! Not planning on swimming again today, but nice to see them trying to keep things open as long as they can.

Lines for dinner are really long, the A&C line stretches all the way through the YC lobby and there's a pretty decent line outside yachtsman as well. Fortunately we have a ton of leftovers from lunch so will be eating in the room.

It has been kinda nice today having a forced rest day, my feet are certainly thankful! This may be the first Disney trip I come home from actually feeling well rested!
Wow, I’m surprised they opened back up. We’re here in BCV. As far as I know, we’re locked out of anywhere else for now. I’m so tired that I haven’t gone downstairs to confirm that our building is locked. I want to be a part of anything exciting that may happen (i.e. Bingo with characters), but I’m so sleepy.

Thank you for posting this. For some reason I am still unable to retrieve messages from my in room phone.

I can't retrieve messages either. So far, I've gotten two different messages and both times I had to go to the front desk to find out what they were. We were told our time for dinner is from 8-9 pm. They told me we could go at 5 though.
After talking to a few people while waiting to buy sandwiches at the lounge it seems there are several different windows that people were told. Mine was 5-6, some were 6:30-7:30 and others were 8-9. I'm still waiting in line to get in.
I had to go back to the lounge after getting my sandwiches because both were missing the dessert and one was missing the chips. So FYI double check the bags contain everything they are suppose to if they sell them again.

Anyone at OKW been given a torch yet? They said they were coming around to do balcony furniture and give out torches. We took our furniture inside but could see other balcony’s still has furniture outside.

Sorry about the double post which I've deleted.
The Boardwalk Buffet has a couple of salads, Tuscan potatoes, roasted cauliflower, two different zitis (one plain), meatballs, Mac & Cheese, Chicken Parm & breadsticks. There are also a few desserts which I haven't checked out yet but I did see Chocolate Chip cookies. They also have water, lemonade & iced tea. You can purchase a drink ticket to get your choice of several different beers or a Cabernet or Pinot Gris glass of wine for $8.

Last edited:
Wow, I’m surprised they opened back up. We’re here in BCV. As far as I know, we’re locked out of anywhere else for now. I’m so tired that I haven’t gone downstairs to confirm that our building is locked. I want to be a part of anything exciting that may happen (i.e. Bingo with characters), but I’m so sleepy.
Right? The rain is coming in sideways, was surprised to see it open again, but I guess there's no lightning around right now.

Doesn't look like you're missing much (at least at the YC), the entire lobby is basically full with the people in line for dinner. I am wondering if they'll do more once the line dies down, but we're probably in for the day so will miss out too if they do.

So I also don’t know if this is the correct place to ask for advice on this but everyone in this thread seems so helpful and for the most part directly involved so I figured here might be best? If not please direct me to the best place. So we are here from the uk, my dad has his birthday tomorrow and I had La cava tasting experience and v+a booked as a surprise for his birthday present. Obviously all cancelled which is okay as I know people on the greater scheme are far more affected than this by hurricane Ian. However I’m usually creative/inventive but am drawing a complete blank on what I can possibly do for his birthday tomorrow as I now don’t even have a gift to give him 🥺 (I had home made fake tickets printed out for the tequilla tasting experience and Victoria and alberts that I have gift wrapped in a box). We leave on Sunday so these are not realistically rebookable. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can possibly do for his birthday no matter how small? Sorry if this seems silly but this whole trip was timed for now due to his birthday. Thanks and hope everyone stays safe x
Since eating at V+A is such a special occasion and you came all this way for it, how about talking to the concierge at your resort? They may be swamped at the moment, so maybe wait until you see that they've caught their breath. And they might end up telling you to call V+A or check the app for availability yourself. But if they can't help you with V+A, they might have some great substitute ideas! Again, if all the CMs are busy with emergency preps right now, you might have to wait, but it seems worth a try to get some personal assistance at some point.

I live just north of Boston and our local news just ran a story of a woman staying currently at BWV. She showed her haul of beer and boxed pasta and popcorn. What more could you need. 😜

First thing that crossed my mind.. let’s hope they don’t lose power so she can enjoy her boxed pasta… 🤣

Anyone at OKW been given a torch yet? They said they were coming around to do balcony furniture and give out torches. We took our furniture inside but could see other balcony’s still has furniture outside.

Do you mean flashlights?

6:07 PM… winds are picking up. Hail is now coming down. Photo taken from Coronado tower.

I’ll take some photos of the road conditions tomorrow morning.

View attachment 706213

We just walked across the bridge 5 min ago and about got knocked down! DH and I were laughing that the tower folks must be looking down at us and thanking God they’re in the tower 😂. The lifeguards were on their way back. Wind and rain is really kicking up.

So I also don’t know if this is the correct place to ask for advice on this but everyone in this thread seems so helpful and for the most part directly involved so I figured here might be best? If not please direct me to the best place. So we are here from the uk, my dad has his birthday tomorrow and I had La cava tasting experience and v+a booked as a surprise for his birthday present. Obviously all cancelled which is okay as I know people on the greater scheme are far more affected than this by hurricane Ian. However I’m usually creative/inventive but am drawing a complete blank on what I can possibly do for his birthday tomorrow as I now don’t even have a gift to give him 🥺 (I had home made fake tickets printed out for the tequilla tasting experience and Victoria and alberts that I have gift wrapped in a box). We leave on Sunday so these are not realistically rebookable. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can possibly do for his birthday no matter how small? Sorry if this seems silly but this whole trip was timed for now due to his birthday. Thanks and hope everyone stays safe x
So, if you look at dinner reservations available on Friday, there are quite a few nice ones. It might not replace v&a, but maybe something nice. For instance San Angel Inn has openings and they have tequila flights.

I live in Fort Myers and we are getting destroyed. This storm is no joke. Stay safe if you’re at WDW or anywhere else in Florida! 😓

I’ve been watching CNNs coverage for the last few hours.. mainly from Fort Myers, & Punta Gorda. I am rocked by the damage I’m seeing.
Will keep you & yours in my prayers and fingers crossed that the worst will be over for you soon!

We have friends in Port Charlotte who are in rough shape right now too. It’s both scary & heartbreaking.

Stay safe..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter