Hurricane Dorian updates/ please post as you see them.

Thanks for doing this, Denise.

I have friends that live in the Bahamas (Eleuthera). They are a bit South of the worst, but Abaco and Grand Bahama may be gone. 185 mph sustained and gusts over 220.

j

Still headed west, has slowed to 4mph, gusts over 224 sustained at 185. Waves were said to be 23ft.

MCO is going to stay open for Monday at the current time.

Praying for everyone in the wake of this horrible hurricane. FtW Mike, praying your family will be OK. If possible, please keep us informed.

Just heard landfall will be around Melbourne Fl Tuesday. But all of Florida will get high wind and flooding rains. Be safe and please leave if they tell your area to evacuate.

69521234_2935126143170930_5251369741594918912_o.jpg

If traveling to the Fort be aware, South Carolina is starting evacuations today at Noon.
Hurricane did not move much last night, winds down to 165mph with heavy rain and storm surge.

It's still tracking to be off the coast but all it's going to take is one wobble to the left to put it dangerously close to land

Okay Disney has announced that all parks will close as 3 pm tomorrow 9/3 this includes Disney Springs both Mini Golf and Typhoon Lagoon. In addition the Fort is being evacuated now with Tent sites Going to Caribbean Beach RV sites will go to PO Riverside and Cabins to Grand Floridian. The Fort will close as of 3pm tomorrow as well

Any thoughts on if MCO will be open tomorrow? Or I parks will reduce hours again
The WDW link hasn't been updated with anything other than the early closures today. The MCO website just says the airport "will remain closed until the storm has passed."

The track and timeline show the storm center around Jacksonville tomorrow "am". That would have it past the Orlando area. Since Dorian has just started to move again, the next 8 hours should give them a better idea exactly where it will go and how fast. I suspect there may be announcements for tomorrow (and beyond) by this afternoon.

j

Any thoughts on if MCO will be open tomorrow?
Latest tweet from @MCO:
A reminder that as of now we do not have an expected time to resume operations, as it depends on many factors as the storm moves past. Updates will be posted here as they become available and passengers are encouraged to check with their airlines for flight updates. Thanks, all.

I would follow @MCO on Twitter for latest info.

It's been downgraded again to a Cat 2. Not expected to be a serious wind event for WDW anymore which is good news! I'm guessing the parks will evaluate tomorrow and clear any damage then be open again either tomorrow night or Thursday. I've had to change my travel route. I normally come down through the Carolina's on 95 but I'm not taking a chance with the surge and possible road closures so I'm now coming down 75 on Friday and Saturday.

Thanks. I had seen that, but someone on FB mentioned it opening today and I can’t find anything about that to confirm.
The Fort is prone to trees coming down in TS force winds. I suspect they are waiting for the outer bands to spin through before assessing any damage. Based on the projected location of Dorian by this afternoon, I wouldn't be surprised if there is news about the Fort later today or early tomorrow.

Our friends leave with their MH this afternoon. Plan on arriving to the Fort Saturday morning, so I'm keeping them up to date on Fort news while they are on the road.

j

On FB Disney Mouse Campers page Someone that has been evacuated to POR says that she was told that Ft W will reopen after an inspection, and any clean up and repairs have been completed The hope for date she was given Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!