Hunted

Mizzoufan

DIS Veteran
I love this show. Anyone else watch it? I don't think I could stay hidden of the grid for a month.

We just watched our first episode recently and after my initial thoughts that it seemed like a stupid show, I was totally hooked. I know starting out I thought, "how hard could it be?" but after watching for a bit, you pretty quickly realize it's harder than you think.

I really like it! But I wonder if it will help criminals hide by showing some of the tricks used to find people. I'm sure there is even more that can be done to find someone that isn't shown, but it still seems like it could be giving tips to criminals that makes the investigators jobs harder than they need to be.

I'm enjoying it. Although it's starting to look like nobody can outrun the hunters.

Now, the thing is, in the show, they have a bank account with $500, but are only allowed to take out $100 at a time. Real-world ATM's let you take out $300 a day I believe. In real life, you need to get as much cash as possible and live off of it on the run. If you're engaged in criminal activity, you probably already have a little cash nest-egg lol.

I enjoy the show. Don't get me wrong I don't think I could last 28 days on the run without being caught but boy do some of them make some very poor choices.

What seems to do them in or have their location get tipped off quickly is getting cash at the same place as other things. At least for some of them that is.

I like the show more than I thought I would. Its weird that they know they will be on the show but don't have anything ready to go when they get tagged in. Why spend any minute of that hour head start packing? I don't like the ATM limit - it just gives the hunters a better chance at finding the fugitives...the odds are already in their favor so why have the giveaway.

I love this show. I wonder about some of their choices. The air soft couple could have lasted the whole time if they had just stayed in the Everglades. I do think the Hunters do some shady stuff for it being a game show, like posting Wanted posters to social media, if a boss or family member doesn't know you are doing the show, it could really mess up someone's life. My friend and I decided we could never do the show because of how the apprehend people. It's a game show, not real life and some of them get pretty handsy with the contestants. A perfect example is the single moms that got caught because their friend's neighbor was a snitch and let them set up cameras, we would have been driving over lawns to get away from those guys.

I love the show. I had to laugh when the girls went to Taco Bell to celebrate making it halfway and got caught.

I thought that was really funny too. Although they had closed in on the license plate and likely would have caught them very soon regardless.

I love this show, too. DH is certain he would not get caught. He would live in a box in the woods for 28 days. I do think the show is a little unrealistic in that they have to surface periodically on camera to get money. The fugitives do stupid things at times, but I don't think most of us know just how much technology is available to track them. Like, who knew that US Mail was traced like that? My money is on David and Emiley. I can't wait until next week!

I love this show, too. DH is certain he would not get caught. He would live in a box in the woods for 28 days. I do think the show is a little unrealistic in that they have to surface periodically on camera to get money. The fugitives do stupid things at times, but I don't think most of us know just how much technology is available to track them. Like, who knew that US Mail was traced like that? My money is on David and Emiley. I can't wait until next week!

I must have missed that. What was the mail story?

I like the show more than I thought I would. Its weird that they know they will be on the show but don't have anything ready to go when they get tagged in. Why spend any minute of that hour head start packing? I don't like the ATM limit - it just gives the hunters a better chance at finding the fugitives...the odds are already in their favor so why have the giveaway.

I also thought it strange that they have nothing packed, but then I thought maybe they tell them they aren't allowed to do it. Most obviously have a plan, so I'm guessing there's a rule about pre-packing

I love this show. I wonder about some of their choices. The air soft couple could have lasted the whole time if they had just stayed in the Everglades.

I thought the same. I mean, pack up a bunch of survivalist foods and just stay out in the woods. Which leads me to a problem I have with the show. They are pretty clearly editing information to make for better drama on the show (which is fine) but it's been awfully apparent on a few things and I wish they'd do a better job of that. They do have a disclaimer in the credits that basically says they do some editing on timeline, but try to at least disguise some of it. In particular, that couple that emerged from the Everglades to spend a day at her friend's and that just happened to be the day the hunters thought to go check out her house? It strains credibility. There were a couple of other examples like that and I'm struggling to remember them, but it sort of takes me out of enjoying the show as much as I would otherwise.

I must have missed that. What was the mail story?

Apparently the post office scans the front of all mail and it ends up in some sort of digital database, so hunters can scan mail records to see if any mail was sent to likely contacts. One of the teams sent out a bunch of letters to their contacts with instructions and the hunters saw that they'd been sent. They couldn't see the actual letter, of course, but they do know who was contacted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter