Hungry Are The Damned! 10/15/07-10/25/07 - COMPLETED W/LOTS OF PICS!!!

DD and I read the blog. Our response? :scared1:

Dh wants to know what type of industry Jason is employed by, because let me tell you, automotive manufacturing has none of the perks you have!
Our company picnic was to have been under a tent in the company parking lot, but it got cancelled due to rain. Yup.

And...may I just say, Jason looks MUCH like an International Man of Mystery standing on his yacht (or that of his bald, cat-petting adversary) with his shades. Yah baby!

"Do the gators have laser beams attached to their heads?
Well, are they ill-tempered? Ok, good.
Hand me another raspberry topped brie tartlet."

:rotfl:

Hey Brenda..
I haven't chimmed in for a while and wanted to say I love the blog. Always funny and sweet! Thanks for keeping us up to date!
Can't wait for your Food and Wine Trip report!:yay:

Somehow you guys always seem to know when I need to hear from you. Thanks for all the responses ... :grouphug:

Brenda,
I know you get this a lot but I just had to tell you that I love reading your posts. You are a very talented and comical writer. And I love the Grimace stories. Does your mom know you refer to her as Grimace. I think if my mom knew the names I called her she would stop speaking to me...permanently.

Thanks so much for reading and for your very kind remarks ... you made me smile!

As for Grimace ... er, my mom, no .... she has no idea so please don't tell her. ;) She would probably run me over with her car and then disown me, even though I'm only poking fun at her because I love her (and it's easy ... :laughing: ). My only redemption is that I poke waaaay more fun at me than I do anyone else.

Great update Brenda! I don't get why people "dress" for outings like a swamp tour.:confused3

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the view from the room....:rotfl2:

That yacht was incredible, thanks for posting so many pics. That was probably the closest I'll ever get to one.

Hi Kathy - glad you liked the blog updates! Jay said the same thing about certain attire on the swamp tour and then he took a step further when he said, "The alligators don't care how you're dressed when they're disemboweling you ... " :rotfl2:

Ah yes ... our view ... I'd have asked for a refund if we'd paid for that. :headache:

And the yacht ... awesome, just awesome!

Cletus & Brandine???? :lmao: PMSL I loved your blog and the pics were beautiful. Someone was missing though....where was the Plankton? Cletus & Brandine would have NEVER left him at home! :rotfl:

Cletus and Brandine (thank you Simpsons!) seemed to pretty well sum up how Jay and I felt as we were wandering around the yacht ... the fanciest water-craft you see in Missouri is usually a pontoon boat. :laughing:

And while Cletus and Brandine might have brought Plankton along, Thurston and Lovey wouldn't be caught dead with something like that. ;)

Thanks for reading!

Brenda,
Those yacht pictures were great.:goodvibes How I'd love to be sitting in that whirlpool about now sipping some wine and cruising down the Intercoastal Waterway.....Guess I better buy some Powerball tickets too. :rotfl:

Ohh and that sushi platter, looked wonderful. :goodvibes I would have benn right with you and Jay scarfing that down.

Thanks for reading Bridget - glad you enjoyed that last update! We didn't win the last Powerball jackpot (as Jay likes to say ... they're all against us ... ) but we're going to keep trying. Us, and about 200 million other people who all want their own yacht, too! :rotfl:

The sushi was excellent, by the way!

Unfortunately, the Powerball idea is shared by millions and very few win:rotfl2: You know the old saying though "you've got to be in it to win it"!:thumbsup2 Thanks so much for sharing the beautiful pictures of your tour. It is amazing to see how the other half lives. Can't wait to hear about your evening.

Thanks for reading and you'll all be invited to cruise on our yacht once we win the powerball, buy a private island, and commission the biggest yacht, evah! :laughing:

Bendy...

We will wait with joyous expectation for the announcement of your latest work of food (and wine) extravaganza!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Cary Grant... Not sure if it's North by Northwest, or That Touch of Mink... although... Operation Petticote was hysterical... but... you know... Arsenic and Old Lace.... :lmao:

I like him in Notorious ... The Philadelphia Story ... Bringing up Baby ... and others that I can't remember right now.

Bendy...................................

Take a deep breath..............................

go ahead.......................................................

grab a drool cloth.................................................

Now click here..........................................................

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=27583829&postcount=658

Thanks for the link ... that was so good I nearly licked the monitor! :lmao:

DD and I read the blog. Our response? :scared1:

Dh wants to know what type of industry Jason is employed by, because let me tell you, automotive manufacturing has none of the perks you have!
Our company picnic was to have been under a tent in the company parking lot, but it got cancelled due to rain. Yup.

And...may I just say, Jason looks MUCH like an International Man of Mystery standing on his yacht (or that of his bald, cat-petting adversary) with his shades. Yah baby!

"Do the gators have laser beams attached to their heads?
Well, are they ill-tempered? Ok, good.
Hand me another raspberry topped brie tartlet."

:rotfl:

Jay works for a company that actually is involved in the automotive world ... the man that started it was the very first Toyota distributor in the United States. He ... well, his family now, own many many companies that are involved in automotive finance, collections, parts distribution, marketing, warranty services, car sales, etc ...

And I guess it's really the family that owns the yachts but the company uses them all the time for entertaining vendors and special clients. And every year they take the employees celebrating those 10, 15, 20 ... etc anniversaries on a weekend trip and they all get to have a taste of the finer life. But just a taste. ;)

And we both nearly wet ourselves reading your Dr. Evil spoof ... that was just too too funny! :rotfl2:

Hey Brenda..
I haven't chimmed in for a while and wanted to say I love the blog. Always funny and sweet! Thanks for keeping us up to date!
Can't wait for your Food and Wine Trip report!

Hi Kabuki! Thanks so much for reading along! I can't wait for F&W ... and I can't wait to meet you and your Jason this time! :goodvibes

Well...it's better than spittin COKE at it!!! :lmao:

Or in your case... a nice merlot... :goodvibes

:worship: :worship: :worship: First excuse my English, I speak Spanish, but I just want to let you know that I love everything about your reports. I've been reading all of them and because I love to eat. I love all your pictures. I'm just waiting for your 2008 food festival?, I live in FL and I visited your blog about your trip to Boca. Give a big kiss to Jason whatever you want from me:love2: because he is so blessed to have you Brenda as his wife. You're perfect together. Thank you so much for all the pictures and I'm in waiting for the next.:flower3:

I just read your latest blog updates and they were wonderful. The yacht was lovely and I thought your red and white top was darling!

The comment by that co-worker's wife was so Stepford Wives that it was scary. No, I don't set out to embarrass DH when I am at his work functions, but I also don't feel that I have to be a Stepford to do that. I tend to be a bit more formal anyway because I grew up in Texas and the South with very formal parents so I'm always a bit dressier than DH but that has more to do with me than him. I think it's kind of sad to feel like your makeup or lack thereof could reflect on your husband. :rolleyes: Just my $0.02.

Looking forward to additional updates and your pre-trippie. I'm excited for you!

:worship: :worship: :worship: First excuse my English, I speak Spanish, but I just want to let you know that I love everything about your reports. I've been reading all of them and because I love to eat. I love all your pictures. I'm just waiting for your 2008 food festival?, I live in FL and I visited your blog about your trip to Boca. Give a big kiss to Jason whatever you want from me:love2: because he is so blessed to have you Brenda as his wife. You're perfect together. Thank you so much for all the pictures and I'm in waiting for the next.:flower3:

Hello there! Thanks so much for your very kind message - I'm glad you've enjoyed our food fun! I will give Jay a kiss anytime ... ;) ... and you're very sweet but to be honest I'm a lot luckier to have him than he probably is to have me. I'm a real pain in the butt sometimes and I'm waaaaay too opinionated for my own good.

Hope to see you on the next thread and thanks again for reading! :hug:

I just read your latest blog updates and they were wonderful. The yacht was lovely and I thought your red and white top was darling!

The comment by that co-worker's wife was so Stepford Wives that it was scary. No, I don't set out to embarrass DH when I am at his work functions, but I also don't feel that I have to be a Stepford to do that. I tend to be a bit more formal anyway because I grew up in Texas and the South with very formal parents so I'm always a bit dressier than DH but that has more to do with me than him. I think it's kind of sad to feel like your makeup or lack thereof could reflect on your husband. :rolleyes: Just my $0.02.

Looking forward to additional updates and your pre-trippie. I'm excited for you!

Hi Shauna! Thanks for reading and I love that little top, too ... it's so girlie in a nice simple way.

I totally agree with the Stepford Wife analogy ... it kind of creeped me out, too. I didn't know how to respond especially because this woman looked fine just as herself ... she was very attractive. :confused3 Oh well ... all we can do is teach our daughters and nieces to think of themselves as something more than an accessory. :thumbsup2

Jay took a vacation day today and when I came home he had a surprise waiting ...

He started framing some of the restaurant menus we've picked up over the last couple of years! They look so cool and I thought you guys might like to see them. We had the chefs sign them for us, so they're extra special. We're going to try to remember to do that on our trip next month ...

This first one is from NOLA (an Emeril restaurant in New Orleans) - we had dinner there with my parents in April 2005.

Yum!
DSC03344.jpg

This second one is also from another of Emeril's restaurants ... this time Tchoup Chop over at Universal Orlando ... we had dinner there for our anniversary in May 2006.

I wish we were eating there right now!
DSC03347.jpg

And last but not least ... the V&A chef's table menu from our 8th anniversary dinner last May.

Perfection!
DSC03345.jpg

Here's how all three look in our kitchen:

DSC03348.jpg

The menus look great, Brenda! I'm so far behind on the blog; I actually have been scrapbooking our last trip b/c I was tired of all the pictures just goading me from the dining room table. 20 pages this month so far. :faint:

OK Brenda that is great! Tchoup Chop is making me smile -fantastic restaurant! Jay did a wonderful thing and I think a great personal art addition that is unique and special! Thank you for sharing!:)

VERY nice Jay!!!

John is good at a lot of things, but something like that I would have to spell it all out for him, and then it wouldn't be a surprise.

How long till you leave for WDW???

How cute is that!!!! :goodvibes

Travelmel I have been meaning to say for a long time - Love the Freddie the Flute!! So cool!:thumbsup2

Thanks! Here's a link to my DH and I dressed as Witchiepoo and Jimmy for Halloween a few years ago! :rotfl:

Course, I have never provided a link like this so I don't know if it's going to work but:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1891146&page=10

You might have to scroll down a bit.. I don't know how to do a direct link to a direct post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter