HS rider swap currently an option?

MamaBear12

Mouseketeer
Is rider swap currently an option for a child who is afraid of roller coasters? My 8.5yo won’t do slinky dog dash 🙄 (6yo will). Will they give me the RS FP so I can stay with her while hubby and 6yo ride so I don’t have to wait in line a second time?

From the website (bold and italics mine):

If a child does not meet the height requirement or a Guest does not wish to board a particular attraction, no problem! With Rider Switch, one adult can wait with the non-rider (or riders) while the rest of the party enjoys the attraction. When the other adult returns, they can supervise the non-riding Guests, and the waiting adult can board the attraction without having to wait in the regular line again!

Yes! We were there in April and my son (3) and I waited 40 minutes in line just for him to cry and refuse to get on once we got to the front. The cast member gave me a rider swap so I could take him to my mom and come back to the ride without him.

Typically for a child who is tall enough to ride but chooses not to, they will have the whole party enter the queue and do a swap at boarding. Not the digital swap given for smaller kids.

So most rides have this option ride before you get on the ride itself? What if the rider gets off at a different location than the person getting on the ride? Never done this before and will be doing this in November. Thank you so much.

In march when my 9 yr old wouldn't ride, they had us wait in line with everyone else. When it was time to board they took us to the exit area in the gift shop. Then I got to take one of the kids and walked right back thru the backstage area where we walked to get to the exit back to the front of the line and got on the next train.

In march when my 9 yr old wouldn't ride, they had us wait in line with everyone else. When it was time to board they took us to the exit area in the gift shop. Then I got to take one of the kids and walked right back thru the backstage area where we walked to get to the exit back to the front of the line and got on the next train.

Great info. Thanks.

Typically for a child who is tall enough to ride but chooses not to, they will have the whole party enter the queue and do a swap at boarding. Not the digital swap given for smaller kids.
Is that standard? Because we learned yesterday at Sesame Place that my 20 month old does not like rides. If she refuses to try a ride after seeing a ride vehicle they would let us do a swap with my older daughter?

Slightly different rider switch question:

Can 4 (2 adults and 2 children) enter the line, 1 adult wait with 1 child while the other 2 ride, and then the 2nd child ride the ride with the 1st adult while the 2nd (motion sickness prone) adult stays with the 1st child?

Slightly different rider switch question:

Can 4 (2 adults and 2 children) enter the line, 1 adult wait with 1 child while the other 2 ride, and then the 2nd child ride the ride with the 1st adult while the 2nd (motion sickness prone) adult stays with the 1st child?
In that case the 2 children can just ride with the 1 adult. There is no need for rider swap.

While we are on the subject, I'll be going for the first time with an infant (my son and his SO's daughter). I'm assuming we will use rider swap a lot. Does the person who is doing the swap wait in line with the others until they get to the regular line entrance then get the rider swap FP or can they wait outside the line, say sitting in the shade with the little one and meet up with the party at the CM station to get the rider swap FP? I'm thinking I'm going to be doing the waiting since son's SO hasn't been to DW in years and will want to ride with him. I don't mind standing in line with them as long as the baby can stay in the stroller but I know some lines don't allow strollers so she will have to be held. It's very hot for both the baby and the person holding to stand in the sun and hold her the entire time. If I can take the stroller and go sit in the shade within site of the line or even keep her in the stroller and kind of keep pace with the line and then get the FP will be easier.

In that case the 2 children can just ride with the 1 adult. There is no need for rider swap.

Yeah, I was thinking of 2 seat situations like 7dwarfs or Expedition Everest where you'd ideally not want the other child riding alone or with a stranger but that's cool if it's not done.

Yeah, I was thinking of 2 seat situations like 7dwarfs or Expedition Everest where you'd ideally not want the other child riding alone or with a stranger but that's cool if it's not done.
You can let the kids ride together and the adult can be with the stranger or alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter