HS meals

smesmer

Mouseketeer
Where should I plan a TS credit for HS at? Nothing at HS really excites me.
I was thinking of the Fanstasmic! pkg but also thought about Beaches and Cream. How far a walk is it to there from HS. We will be traveling w/ three kids 5,4 & 4.

Beaches & Cream is at the Beach Club which is a far walk for just something to eat from HS. I personally think Beaches & Cream is overrated. I had a so-so burger there and a so-so milkshake. That's my opinion but I wouldn't go there from HS just for something to eat. I think Sci-fi is a fun atmosphere that has a better burger. I also like 50s Prime Time which has a great theme and fabulous fried chicken! I haven't tried the other TS restaurants at HS.

Good luck!

I don't so much have an opinion on Beaches and Cream, but the walk from HS to B&C is about 10 minutes. Or you can take the ferry.

For table service at Hollywood Studios I would recommend 50's Prime Time Cafe. However should you want to try Beaches & Cream getting to the Yacht Club/Beach Club via the boat, they are the 2nd stop after the Swan & Dolphin.

We really like 50's Prime Time Cafe and Mama Melrose at DHS. If you are planning on doing the F package, then Mama Melrose is a great suggestion, but it is one of the more popular restaurants to book with the F package. As for Beaches and Cream, it is our favorite place to sit down and have a burger and some ice cream sundaes, but it is a really far walk from DHS especially with your little ones in tow. I highly suggest you take the ferry from DHS over to BC if you want to go there. Good luck.

Hope you don't mind me tagging on here but I am also trying to decide about F!Dp options. Do people strongly prefer BD to MM or vice versa? And is it true that you can get the F! package by booking lunch? It might work well for us to eat a 2 p.m. lunch and then start our touring before catching the 6:30 show.

Thoughts?

beaches and cream is overrated. the shakes are fine but the burger is nothing great

Just putting in another vote for 50's Prime Time. It used to just be the lesser of the evils, but the last two times I've been there, I've had surprisingly good meals. And I also feel that Beaches and Cream is way overrated. Great if you want ice cream...not so much for food.

Brown Derby or 50's Prime Time Cafe. Both have great food, but if you want to get away from the noise for a moment/meal then BD. If you wish to stay in the magic, then 50's is better.

Hope you don't mind me tagging on here but I am also trying to decide about F!Dp options. Do people strongly prefer BD to MM or vice versa? And is it true that you can get the F! package by booking lunch? It might work well for us to eat a 2 p.m. lunch and then start our touring before catching the 6:30 show.

Thoughts?

I don't have a preference as I will be dining at MM for the 1st time in January, but you can book a F! package for lunch.

Thoughts?

I phoned WDW dining yesterday to inquire about the lunch F! package at BD...boy, is it expensive. Lunch was about $56/person...adult...$18.99 for kids...

Dinner package was only $3 more. Was told there is little price difference because the menu doesn't change between lunch and dinner. :)

To be honest, the Fantasmic Package isn't all it's cracked up to me.My Uncle and Aunt went with their two kids and said that the seating is to the side, meaning for a good seat you'd wanna get there an hour or so early for good seats.

I reccomend taking the boat to Beach Club for Cape May if you like seafood. Their buffet is great. :)

I don't so much have an opinion on Beaches and Cream, but the walk from HS to B&C is about 10 minutes. Or you can take the ferry.

Do you have wings? Closer to 20 mins for most people, I would say. It's more than 10 on an average pace from HS to the Boardwalk.

I love Mama Melrose! I am too shy to try 50's Prime Time...the antics would put me off.

I have heard that the entertainment is interactive, with the servers being your "Aunt Sue" or "Brother Bob" putting you in the corner for not eating your green beans or fussing at you for putting your elbows on the table. It could be fun if like that sort of thing.

Don't be put off 50's by the antics! It's fun to watch what is happening, and if you don't want to participate, the wait staff is good about not involving your table.

If you are going to take the boat over to the Boardwalk area for dinner, may I suggest Kouzzina? DD and I had a marvelous meal there in August. We walked from DHS, and it easily took 20 minutes, but we took the boat back. Dinner was great!

We like going to Beaches 'n' Cream, but it's burgers, fries, dogs... nothing truly special, except it's fun to sit at the counter and watch the crew work. You can get the same burgers at Hurricane Hannah's a LOT cheaper! If on the dp, I definitely wouldn't waste a ts credit at B&C.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter