HS closed tonight (7/12/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anniemae

Either she is eating a delicious
Is anyone there now? Just read on fb that they are shutting down HS tonight. I guess there is no air conditioning? Hope its open tomorrow!

There’s no power. Rides are shut down. I can’t imagine the complaints.

I read no power so not just no AC. Terrible. I hope they allow the CMs to go home as well.

I didn't think of the complaints. I read they are comping everyone a day's ticket. I wonder if it will make other parks more crowded tonight.

Interesting - whenever I talk about power issues at Disney, people jump all over me and say that they have plenty of power, their own generator system, power plant, dedicated this and that, etc. Wonder why none of that is working?

It's not the power, it's the A/C. People are posting pictures of guest services and the lights are on. Read it was a small fire in cooling plant (or something like that, I'm sure I'm repeating it wrong)

Is anyone there now? Just read on fb that they are shutting down HS tonight. I guess there is no air conditioning? Hope its open tomorrow!
We just left. Guest relations line is to Texas. Stores were open and they were still serving food but no air conditioning. 99% of the rides were closed. Mobs of people everywhere since they weren't getting absorbed by rides. we were using our park ticket for tonight and all fast passes were there. We basically went there, got overheated, and had to leave. Lost our fast passes including slinky dog and used our park passes to walk in the park and eventually out. I was really light headed and there was no way we could wait in the gr line the way I was feeling. Not sure what to do now! Resting at the resort. Advice needed. We would like a replacement to ride slinky dog tomorrow.
Update: the park reopened later and everything worked out.

Last edited:
We just left. Guest relations line is to Texas. Stores were open and they were still serving food but no air conditioning. 99% of the rides were closed. Mobs of people everywhere since they weren't getting absorbed by rides. we were using our park ticket for tonight and all fast passes were there. We basically went there, got overheated, and had to leave. Lost our fast passes including slinky dog and used our park passes to walk in the park and eventually out. I was really light headed and there was no way we could wait in the gr line the way I was feeling. Not sure what to do now! Resting at the resort. Advice needed. We would like a replacement to ride slinky dog tomorrow.

Thats terrible.:( I'd go to the hotel concierge and see what they can do?

My bet is they will not be replacing SDD FPs. Might get an anytime, any park FP, but they usually exclude the most popular rides.

We just left and no idea, other than the fact that we had a FP for SDD and the ride was down at 530 pm - the line for TSMM
wasn't moving and a lady on the line in front of us passed out from the heat - problems aside, we were underwhelmed by TSL in general - do you think we should go to guest services at Asmu regarding a comp day?

Interesting - whenever I talk about power issues at Disney, people jump all over me and say that they have plenty of power, their own generator system, power plant, dedicated this and that, etc. Wonder why none of that is working?

What is different? ......

Did I do that?

giphy.gif

We just left and no idea, other than the fact that we had a FP for SDD and the ride was down at 530 pm - the line for TSMM
wasn't moving and a lady on the line in front of us passed out from the heat - problems aside, we were underwhelmed by TSL in general - do you think we should go to guest services at Asmu regarding a comp day?

I think they are giving out comp days to everyone so it seems you are eligible for it. It's not like you are trying to scam them, it seems to be the policy for this situation.

BlogMickey.com‏ @Blog_Mickey

UPDATE: Attractions are slowly reopening. We've updated the post with the latest information and will continue to bring you the latest information live from Disney's Hollywood Studios

7:55 PM - 12 Jul 2018

I'm watching Prince Devs live stream from Epcot and it looks pretty crowded there. People must have gone to other parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter