How would you improve your Disney restaurant experience?

How would you improve Disney restaurants?
Loved the text alerts when tables are ready, gives freedom to roam! Noticed we only received them for some restaurants and sometimes they were delayed. (Ex: we were notified our table was ready at Homecomin after we already sat down)

I wish there was more consistency in the restaurants where there is supposed to be some "antics"/server is supposed to be in character. For example, 50's prime time, Whispering Canyon, etc. We've had our first experience at 50's Prime Time where the server was in character and we LOVED it...then the next time we went...the server was just...normal. We were disappointed.

Same with Whispering Canyon Cafe...they told us to put the card in one direction if we wanted to play along with the antics, and we did. But our server was just normal towards us. We still enjoyed seeing the "ketchup" and other stuff going on around the restaurant. Then the next time we came....it was just totally "normal." Absolutely no antics going on anywhere--they didn't even give us that card to choose.

And I've HEARD there are supposed to be corny jokes and stuff from the servers at Skippers Canteen, similar to the Jungle Boat Cruise...but we never really got that.

I wish there was more consistency in the restaurants where there is supposed to be some "antics"/server is supposed to be in character. For example, 50's prime time, Whispering Canyon, etc. We've had our first experience at 50's Prime Time where the server was in character and we LOVED it...then the next time we went...the server was just...normal. We were disappointed.

This! We eat at 50's every trip and we have never had a great server there. We do enjoy watching the other servers' antics. I like their food and that's one of the reasons we keep going, and with the hope of getting a fun server. We've honestly had some of our worst servers there, and it wasn't part of their "act".

I wish there was more of a variety of food...it seems like all the restaurants have similar food or options, especially for kids. But then again, I did see the uproar over BoG changing their dinner menu so maybe that is why Disney decides to play it safe.

I also want Greek food anywhere at Disney. The fact that Epcot hasn't made a Greece pavilion just for the food bums me out a bit.

Better service. I've almost always had decent food, sometimes just o.k sometimes great but have had some pretty bad service. We have had to wait as long as 20 min. to get the server to actually bring our check then wait another 20 for them to bring it back after the cc was left. This has happened on more than once occasion. There are only two of us, my son and I, both adults and we are pretty easy customers but have had to ask another server to go find ours after we have waited for the check. I grew up in the restaurant business and the rule is you don't make a customer wait to order and you don't make them wait to pay. Most people don't mind waiting for their food or between courses but hate to wait to order and pay.

Same with Whispering Canyon Cafe...they told us to put the card in one direction if we wanted to play along with the antics, and we did. But our server was just normal towards us. We still enjoyed seeing the "ketchup" and other stuff going on around the restaurant. Then the next time we came....it was just totally "normal." Absolutely no antics going on anywhere--they didn't even give us that card to choose.

And I've HEARD there are supposed to be corny jokes and stuff from the servers at Skippers Canteen, similar to the Jungle Boat Cruise...but we never really got that.
I so agree with you. I have developed a simple rule. No antics or fun you get the 18% Disney wants you to get. Antics and I treat you like an entertainer and the tip is closer to 30%. My favorite 50's meal was one where we had a young CM and my daughter obviously liked him (she was stammering and looking) well when she didn't eat her green beans he treated her like a baby and played the plane game feeding her. She about died.

Some variety in kids menus - turkey on goldfish bread is everywhere.
A simple baked potato option at a QS with a fixin's bar.
Better QS options in all the parks and less frenetic atmosphere. Hate the poor traffic flow of the big QS locations.

I agree with several posters above. Definitely offer more variety, especially in the quick service locations. I also love the restaurants that text you when your table is ready but found that was not offered at many places. Love the new mobile ordering options and QS locations!

I agree with a lot of what was said above. I think the qs, especially in mk needs some rethinking. I also don’t really think the ts there is too great either. I’ve had all good experiences at Epcot. We’ve only ate at one where we waited way past our adr time and that was at tusker house. We didn’t like the food anyway. Dh was hoping for some spicy African food but he said it was all pretty bland. It seemed like your typical buffet breakfast to us. They even had Krispy Kreme donuts.

More options at CS restaurants. I am really happy with our options at TS restaurants, but then again we often eat at Signature restaurants for our evening meal. To be fair, they are improving the options at many of the CS restaurants. But many of them are still fair at best.

Smaller portions, smaller prices (as a general rule, doesn't apply to all)
I agree! There should be "half" portions for all entree's. Would be nice because sometimes you want to try a dish but aren't SUPER hungry. Why waste money on a full meal if you know you wont finish right? :)

Add a "dinner salad" entrée. Sometimes a big salad with something grilled on top and a glass of wine is all I want. Honestly if there were some lighter, fairly healthy options we would dine out more in wdw.

My biggest problem comes at some of the quick service order/ pick up lines. There just isn't enough room for all the people packed into a relatively small space and then space to maneuver the tray(s). I wish they'd re-configure some of those lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter