How would you handle this booking?

Jennasis

DIS life goes on
We are planning AKL in September. Our 7 month window opens in 2 days. We prefer Jambo by a LOT. However, for the week we want, there is a big ol' hole in the middle of the availability where one stupid day in the middle of the week looks to have no availability right now (looking at Savannah view studios). The rest of the days are available right now. Kidani has full availability...but man we hated that walk and the pool.

So....would you book Kidani anyway and waitlist the week at Jambo? Just suck it up and book Kidani? Start walking the reservation at Jambo NOW and hope that day magically opens? I've never walked before.

(FYI, looking at September 7-13 and it's wednesday the 10th that has no availability at Jambo).

I've been watching Jambo SV studio for the same week, we only needed Tuesday the 10th. I swear, every time I look at the first and second week in Sept the availability changes.

(Wed is the 11th ... )

I'd book what you can, then walk and stalk. Kidani will still be available so you might as well play the game.

I am/will be trying to book GF studio standard for September 6-14 and all the Wednesdays are also missing. I am going to just book what I can and WL and stalk my reservation for September and hope for the best.

Good luck.

I've been watching Jambo SV studio for the same week, we only needed Tuesday the 10th. I swear, every time I look at the first and second week in Sept the availability changes.

(Wed is the 11th ... )

I'd book what you can, then walk and stalk. Kidani will still be available so you might as well play the game.

Yes, sorry...Tuesday the 10th is missing. So frustrating.

I just really love Jambo.

walking is risky at 7 months because an owner can swoop in and interrupt your walk. I would book what you can at Jambo and WL the entire stay (I think you can do it that way, right?). Hopefully people will try to switch at 7 months and free up that room.

We are planning AKL in September. Our 7 month window opens in 2 days. We prefer Jambo by a LOT. However, for the week we want, there is a big ol' hole in the middle of the availability where one stupid day in the middle of the week looks to have no availability right now (looking at Savannah view studios). The rest of the days are available right now. Kidani has full availability...but man we hated that walk and the pool.

So....would you book Kidani anyway and waitlist the week at Jambo? Just suck it up and book Kidani? Start walking the reservation at Jambo NOW and hope that day magically opens? I've never walked before.

(FYI, looking at September 7-13 and it's wednesday the 10th that has no availability at Jambo).
If you're not against split stays, I would book either the beginning or the end at Jambo (whichever one offers more nights) and book the remainder at another resort (Kidani if you want, but any other resort that works is fine as well). Then waitlist for those remaining nights at Jambo.

If you're not against split stays, I would book either the beginning or the end at Jambo (whichever one offers more nights) and book the remainder at another resort (Kidani if you want, but any other resort that works is fine as well). Then waitlist for those remaining nights at Jambo.
Also a solid plan. Don’t forget you can have 2 waitlists :)

I'd book today and then try to walk. If it doesn't work then you still will have options to modify to. Can't get whole week, and only the 10th is still missing...I'd book whatever part has the most days...so say you are doing Sept 8-15... then do 11-15 at AKV jambo and book 8-11 elsewhere but waitlist it at AKV Jambo (3 nights is more likely to come through). Though if you can get the 4 days at Jambo for the 1st part, like Sept 6-10, do that and then waitlist 10-13 (while booking a backup somewhere else).

I would book kidani and waitlist Jambo, worst case you end up at kidani but at least you will have a complete reservation. Jambo studios do book-up quicker than kidani simply because there are considerable less DVC studios at Jambo.

I see now it says you want 7-13 and 10 is missing. Book now for 6-10. Then tomorrow drop the 6th and add 10-13 if available. If not available, book another resort and waitlist Jambo. That's what I'd do but we do split stays all the time and enjoy them.

No split stays. Just not our thing (packing and moving). I will book Kidani and waitlist Jambo. Though the 10th showed up briefly this morning thanks to the keen eye of a fellow DISer who gave me a heads up. however my work computer was dismantled and I kept getting interrupted by coworkers so by the time I got on to check it was gone.

I feel your pain, I have been waiting for 10/13 in a standard view studio at BWV to open up for 6-7 weeks. I have been able to fill the other holes in my plan but that 10/13 is being a pain. I have faith that it will come through.

Personally, I would book everything else, book over at Kidani for the 10th, and then waitlist for the one day and have it replace the day at Kidani. I think getting a single day is easier than getting multiple days.

I would book Kidani and wait list Jambo, but also check a couple times a day for Jambo, for our next trip we had Old Key West wait listed, but just for kicks I tried checking availability one day and what we had wait listed was available, so don't just depend on the wait list.

Every time I check, that day is still unavailable and now the 7th is as well. We booked K idani and wait listed Jambo.
That's why I suggested that you book Jambo the days that were available and WL the one day that wasn't. You might have had your complete reservation by now :(.

That's why I suggested that you book Jambo the days that were available and WL the one day that wasn't. You might have had your complete reservation by now :(.

We will be fine if we are at Kidani. If the waitlist comes through that's a bonus. I don't have the patience it turns out to stalk or to piece a res together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!