How would you give halloween party tickets for Christmas?

disland7

Mouseketeer
DVC Gold
I’m interested in hearing how you guys would go about giving Mickeys Halloween Party tickets (for next year) as a Christmas gift. Any cute/fun ideas?

I’m interested in hearing how you guys would go about giving Mickeys Halloween Party tickets (for next year) as a Christmas gift. Any cute/fun ideas?

If it's something the person would really want then YES! It would be fine.

In fact I've been looking at TicketMaster, for events I can buy tickets to as Christmas Gifts.
In the past I have bought event tickets for my grandkids as Christmas or birthday gifts.

Last year I bought tickets to Fluffy as a March birthday gift, the event was held in September. My Grandson and his fiance were elated with the gift.
I received the sweetest text message and pic from them as they were in their seats at the venue that September night.
I like to do this because it's something they really enjoy. Plus they usually don't have the funds to buy the seats I do.

As for ideas.....
You could make a 2018 calendar. In the month of July, make a note "Buy MHP tickets!" That's when they generally go on sale.
Also a Disney Gift Card for MHP tickets would be nice. Attach the GC's to the July page on the calendar.

I think I'd go online and copy off some of the Halloween season pictures of the parks to go with what ever you decide.
Get maps from one of the parties this year to include in your gift pack.

I see NO PROBLEM with a Christmas gift that's for the following October. Especially if it's something the person would really enjoy.

Sounds like fun!! Enjoy

Geemo

As the PPs said, as long as you know the person would like to attend MHP, then I think it would make a great present. Tickets won't go on sale until mid-year (assuming the timing remains the same in 2018), but you can give them a gift card with the funds (you'll have to estimate the amount - I'd take this year's price and add about 5% to 10% to be safe). There are a couple of cute Halloween Gift Cards available right now (https://www.shopdisney.com/gift-cards/shop, click on "Halloween" on the right side menu to bring the Halloween choices to the top).

(The biggest draw back to the gift card is that it seems like there are some issues with using them online - sometimes, not always - so, if you're an AP holder, DVC or Disney Visa Card user, you might not want to put all of the funds on a gift card. I'd still consider getting the gift card - because it's cute - but only putting the minimum amount on it and then let them know you'll order the tickets for them when they go on sale.)

I should probably mention that it’s as a family gift for my family - my kids. Thanks for all the suggestions so far. So I don’t have to actually do a gift card beforehand because it’s for my kids. I was thinking of trying to print out a picture of this years tickets and using that to convey that we will have tickets.

As the PPs said, as long as you know the person would like to attend MHP, then I think it would make a great present. Tickets won't go on sale until mid-year (assuming the timing remains the same in 2018), but you can give them a gift card with the funds (you'll have to estimate the amount - I'd take this year's price and add about 5% to 10% to be safe). There are a couple of cute Halloween Gift Cards available right now (https://www.shopdisney.com/gift-cards/shop, click on "Halloween" on the right side menu to bring the Halloween choices to the top).

(The biggest draw back to the gift card is that it seems like there are some issues with using them online - sometimes, not always - so, if you're an AP holder, DVC or Disney Visa Card user, you might not want to put all of the funds on a gift card. I'd still consider getting the gift card - because it's cute - but only putting the minimum amount on it and then let them know you'll order the tickets for them when they go on sale.)
I am planning on using gift cards to purchase the Halloween tickets (hoping to have a 10% off gift cards Black Friday weekend someplace) but gift cards don’t work well online? And they charge a shipping fee if you do it over the phone huh? Can you do it over the phone and they still just email you?

Since it's for your kids, you could copy a photo like this and use a photo editor to add things like their names, We're going to Disneyland next Halloween!, etc. then print them out on cardstock so they look like tickets.

It's a long way off, so you could buy Halloween stuff you might take on your trip on clearance like decorations for your hotel room, Halloween soap pump for the hotel bathroom, treats (they won't go bad despite expiration :) ), light up necklaces, etc. and show the kids a little something new each month that goes in a special box you'll take to Mickey's Halloween Party to help remind them that their big gift is coming up. Planning costumes will be exciting too!

Look in Disney Store or online Shop Disney after Halloween too, for clearance Halloween plush, tshirts, etc. There are really cool Haunted Mansion Christmas ornaments. This is a cute story and song CD Mickey's Spooky Night if your kiddos are little. Since Nightmare Before Christmas is a big part of the Halloween theme at Disneyland and now DCA too, you could get them the Nightmare Before Christmas book and put handmade tickets in the back of the book for them to find at the end of the story. We actually read that on Christmas Eve each year instead of Night Before Christmas, at my kids' request.

Last edited:
we gave our kids a Disneyland Trip as a christmas gift back in 2011. ( we were leaving 3 weeks after christmas. January 2012). So i went to a travel agent and asked for Disney trip booklets and they had one with pictures of Mickey mouse. so i got one for each of my kids. Then i typed up a "word bubble", and put above the picture of Mickey. (like in cartoons how you see the cartoon talk). and Mickey said "I cant wait for you to come see me at my home in 3 weeks".

So you could do something similar with a picture of Mickey in costume? or Jack Skellington.

The Shop Parks App is clearing out some of this year's Halloween merchandise. I think it might be cute to get one of the light-up Mickey Mouse trick-or-treat pumpkin baskets and then put in some Halloween goodies and the announcement for the tickets or the Mickey plush and have him holding the announcement. I would still consider getting the cute Halloween gift cards and loaded them with some funds and then putting a message on the card/insert that says something like "a little spending money for Mickey's Halloween Party".

The Shop Parks App is clearing out some of this year's Halloween merchandise. I think it might be cute to get one of the light-up Mickey Mouse trick-or-treat pumpkin baskets and then put in some Halloween goodies and the announcement for the tickets or the Mickey plush and have him holding the announcement. I would still consider getting the cute Halloween gift cards and loaded them with some funds and then putting a message on the card/insert that says something like "a little spending money for Mickey's Halloween Party".
Thanks for the link. I’ve been looking through it all morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter