How will I use all these snack credits?

KELLY

DIS Veteran
We had a room only reservation changed that to add a 1 day ticket and the QSDP. I was reading the plan we have never done it before. So I saw 2 snack credits so I just figured it was 2 snack credits per a day. I didn't think it was 2 snack credits per a day per a person. Wow that is a ton of snacks. I figure if we ate at the mara we would use are mugs and just get bottle water for the next day. So that is 3 waters there. My kids wll probably get a icecream every day so there is 2 gone. We are going one day to F&W so we will use some up that day. Just give me some ideas on how to use six snack credits a day? We have in the past done the RDP and always have snacks left over.

I looked at the menus off all ears and I figured the plan we would come out even or slightly better than paying out of pocket. Plus not having to buy 3 mugs. We will have to purchase one for my 2 year old. We don't really do desert after our meal. I don't really care for those pre-made deserts you get at the CS place so we will just skip those.

If we have an overabundance of snack credits left by mid-trip, we use them for chocolate milks & orange juices to keep in the fridge in the room for the next morning while we're getting ready. You can get the large containers for 1 credit.

When will you be there. If you will be there during the F&W Festival - you can use the snack credits on all the different food samples in Epcot.

Linda

there are never too many snack credits.. i love walking out of mk and buying $4 pcs. of candy from the candy shoppe on main st. I had a hot fudge sundae at pop 4 times in my 8 day stay. We went with the mindset of going back on our diets when we got back..Had a blast with all the snack credets! dont forget about the ice cream cookie sandwich at the main st bakery also!

You can also use the snack credits to take home stuff like rice krispie heads, candy from Goofy's and so on.
We do this, it is so cool to have snacks the following weeks after you are home....it brings it all back.

One of our favorites is the hot fudge sundae with all kind of fixings back at the resort after a long day, You can use them for breakfast we often get a blueberry muffin or hot cinnimun bun. And like mentioned at the Food and Wine Fest many of the snacks at the booths but it looks like you will not be there when that starts. And with sodas, waters and dole whips and rootbeer floats we never have enough snack credits.

there are never too many snack credits.. i love walking out of mk and buying $4 pcs. of candy from the candy shoppe on main st. I had a hot fudge sundae at pop 4 times in my 8 day stay. We went with the mindset of going back on our diets when we got back..Had a blast with all the snack credets! dont forget about the ice cream cookie sandwich at the main st bakery also!

I agree! If we get a plan with 2 credits per person/per day, we will still probably need to buy more. We get a frozen coke/lemonade each day (1 credit each) and then we would have to choose between an ice cream sandwhich at MSB, a cinnimon bun at MSB, my kids like to get a bag of popcorn each, etc. I'm only at Disney one week a year and want to get my fix while I can. There are too many snacks we like. I am not real big on the CS desserts, so I would rather pass that up for something better, but it also means more snack money OOP. If nothing else, use it for water and treats to take home on your last day.

Snack credits will also get you a good breakfast item like a fruit bowl, pastry or muffin (keep in mind large portion sizes!), oatmeal, cereal and milk (depends on the location) and plenty other "food" items so they are not typical snacks. If you see early on in your trip that you will have to put some effort into using them all, don't be afraid to use them on a cool beverage if you need one. Many will advise that this is a waste or bad use of snack credits, but if you are going to have to buy just anything to use them up on check out day, to me, that is more of a waste. Have a great time. :)

We plan on using ours for some breakfast items. We go next week and I hear it's pretty hot so I bet we'll be using them for ice cream/frozen drinks too.

Last time we went we didn't have any left over.

We always use some of our snack credits up on rice crispy treats for our DD to bring home to her friends (classmates). It's a great way to bring a little magic home for her to share w/ her friends. Plus it doesn't leave me feeling the pinch in my pocketbook! On one trip she got each friend a lollipop @ $3 each for 24 friends not to mention the teacher gifts and principal gift. It was about $100. I find this a MUCH better way to spread the Magic of her Disney trip!

We use them for waters in the park and for in the room, we don't want tap or ordering ahead of time since that wouldn't work for us in the parks anyway. We also buy the minnies bake shop cookies and rice crispy mickeys to bring home.

We are also planning on using quite a few of them for breakfast. We will grab something quick at the resort like a muffin, pastry, bagel, fruit or cereal and milk, etc. Or on our MK days we will use them at Main St. Bakery from breakfast. Then we will use our CS credits for lunch and dinner and the last snack will be somewhere in between. :)

At the Mara you can get hummus and pita chips, takes two snack credits, zebra domes, bowl of fruit (many types to choose from) and the best soup I have ever eaten, butternut squash soup. I usually ask to have that as my dessert on the dining plan, it is that good!!

There are also packaged treats. Rice Krispy bars, brownies and caramel corn, as well as GF versions. Enjoy!!:goodvibes

We had a room only reservation changed that to add a 1 day ticket and the QSDP. I was reading the plan we have never done it before. So I saw 2 snack credits so I just figured it was 2 snack credits per a day. I didn't think it was 2 snack credits per a day per a person. Wow that is a ton of snacks. I figure if we ate at the mara we would use are mugs and just get bottle water for the next day. So that is 3 waters there. My kids wll probably get a icecream every day so there is 2 gone. We are going one day to F&W so we will use some up that day. Just give me some ideas on how to use six snack credits a day? We have in the past done the RDP and always have snacks left over.

I looked at the menus off all ears and I figured the plan we would come out even or slightly better than paying out of pocket. Plus not having to buy 3 mugs. We will have to purchase one for my 2 year old. We don't really do desert after our meal. I don't really care for those pre-made deserts you get at the CS place so we will just skip those.

When you use a counter service credit you get a drink with your meal. You won't have to use a snack credit for the waters they will come with your meal.

I agree with several of the other posters. Use some at Mara or the parks for breakfast-y type items.... bowl of fruit, pastry, muffin and use that to "tide you over" until your lunch CS meal. You can also grab a box of popcorn to eat while watching the parades too - my kids love that. Any extra credits we have we use for rice crispy treats for the plane ride home.

We will just use them as we want during our trip, Then our last day we use them for goodies at the candy shop at DTD, to bring a little magic home with us. I bring a cooler and we drive so even the chocolate and fudge make it.
This trip we will have...We are on DXDDP :confused3 lets see 2 snacks a day x 5 nights that 10 per person and 3 peoples make 30 snacks WOW...:dance3: lots of treats coming home with us.

We never have a problem using 2 snack credits a day. We usually end up getting a frozen fruit bar at some point in the day just to sit, relax and cool down. Then we either use the others for soda/juice/water during the day. If we have any left, we get cute Disney snacks to bring home.

Everyone has given great uses for the snack credits, my only input is that from reading your post, it sounds like you think you have to use 6 credits per day. You can spread the credits out anyway you want, so you could use 20 credits on your Epcot day if you wanted. That would certainly cut down on your daily use!

Thanks for all the great replies. Does anyone know if the rice krispy treats at goofy's in DTD is included. I'm talking the ones with the M&M on them. I think they are dipped in choclate. We are planning on going to WPE the first full day we are there and my girls would like something like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter