How to wear/carry the new magic band..

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by ErinsMommy, Jan 11, 2017.

1. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy And though she be but little, she is fierce.

I know it comes as a wristband, but is Disney or third partys selling other ways to wear or carry it? I dont typically carry a bag either so tossing it in there isn't really an option.

2. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

"Finally, I’m excited to share a preview of new MagicKeepers for guests who prefer an alternative way to wear their MagicBand 2. MagicKeepers will include two Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse-themed lanyard clips and a carabiner. The images above show how MagicKeepers will be sold (without a removable icon) and how they appear with removable icons.

The MagicKeeper accessories will be released at a future date, so keep watching the Disney Parks Blog for updates."

[​IMG]

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ickeepers-coming-to-walt-disney-world-resort/

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

to hide this advert.
  4. ErinsMommy

Awesome thank you!

5. Humphrey_Bear

Humphrey_Bear Earning My Ears

I just wonder how easy the puck will be to fall out - being banged around on rides.

6. Dis703

Dis703 DIS Veteran

Ooooooh, I love those, thanks for sharing! I'm okay with wearing the bands and so are my kids but the Mickey and Minnie heads are so adorable! I could just clip them on my backpack and avoid the wristband tan lines I get when I'm there, lol.

PollyannaMom likes this.
  7. Dis703

Dis703 DIS Veteran

If it's the material I assume it is, I think it's going to be a pretty tight fit and hard to remove. But, hopefully someone will report after they've purchased one.

8. Polydweller

Polydweller DIS Veteran

If they are like the prototypes that were shown the pucks are held in by screws.

FelisLachesis and Hopefully like this.
  9. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

They are held in by two screws. I've got the new version of the MB's and you can see them on the back side.

10. tobikaye

tobikaye DIS Veteran

They are held in place by tiny screws and you need to use basically an eyeglass screwdriver to remove.

DisneyMommyMichelle likes this.
  11. NH-to-FL

NH-to-FL DIS Veteran

That's what I'm waiting for. Don't like the wrist bands. Neither DW or I wear watches or jewelry and we could never get used to wearing the wristband. So we just use our AP cards that we keep in our wallets. We will probably try one of the new MB2 and MagicKeeper.

12. HopperFan

They can't fall out.

[​IMG]

13. loves to dive

loves to dive DIS Veteran

I really don't mind wearing the MB around my wrist since I wear a watch all the time anyway but my son was excited to hear this. He can get the lanyard type one and hang it on his belt loop since all men's pants have belt loops. Unfortunately, not all women's do and if you are wearing a dress you would have to get creative.

14. HopperFan

How I understand this is they will SELL the lanyard style MagicKeepers for you to purchase. They will not have the removable icon aka working part. The working icon will still need to come via your Resort or Purchased MagicBand. So if you are offsite you will have to buy both the MagicBand and the MagicKeeper.

15. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Annual Passholders also get Magic Bands.

16. buzznina

buzznina DIS Veteran

I foresee headaches at the FP lines, people digging in their pockets, purses, or backpacks for them. Or a child has it hooked to his pants, but the trouble is the scanner is higher then his pants. SO either they have to try and unclip it or the parent is going to pick them up and scan them like a grocery item:laughing: Once the puck is put into something small like above they are 10x easier to lose then a wrist band. But definitely a very good marketing idea, so much more accessories that they can sell, not to mention the replacement cost for the lost ones.

DaisyJ, DJFan88, kreckl and 5 others like this.
  17. lailah

lailah Disneymom

I think maybe putting it on a small retractable key holder lanyard might work? I use one at work for my name tag and it works great. Just pull it and scan. Think I will try that in May when we go.

megveg, NuJoy, HBGdancermom and 6 others like this.
  18. ErinsMommy

This is what I'm hoping to do!

19. PollyannaMom

PollyannaMom I was a click-clack champ!!

That Minnie one is adorable!

20. Best Aunt

Best Aunt "That's the best-est present ever!"

I put my Magic Keeper on a lanyard that I wore around my neck. Very fast to use.

21. JoJoGirl

JoJoGirl Mouseketeer

I used the Minnie Icon magic keeper during my recent trip. LOVED it!!! It attached easily to the front of my crossbody bag and was a breeze to use at both tapstiles and registers. The puck is held VERY securely in the Magic Keeper. The only thing I might worry about is the metal clasp breaking, but that doesn't seem any more likely than a having magic band fall off my wrist.

I hope Disney will eventually expand their line of Magic Keepers. I would love a blingy one to dress up my bag!