How to use a half day in Tortola

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by dtk07, Jan 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. dtk07

dtk07 Earning My Ears

We are doing the 5 night San Juan to Miami cruise in Nov. Our cruise is doing a partial day in port at Tortola from 7:30-1:30pm. Realistically we wouldn't make it off the boat till closer to 9am. That gives us about 4 hours.

What would you do with four hours in port? There doesn't seem to be much directly off the port minus a few tourist shops. I've eyeballed the Callwood Rum Distillery, any other more family friendly activities? Would Callwood blink an eye at a 6 year old in tow for a quick visit or am I better off alone?

2. dtk07

dtk07 Earning My Ears

Giving this a bump in hope of opinions

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

4. lorimay

lorimay Celebrating 32 Ears

Are you not interested in the excursions Disney offers?
    I don't remember whats around the port there, we went right to a boat for an excursion to the Baths. Ours was also a kind of short day, so we stuck with Disney, so we wouldn't have an issue if we were late back to port on one of their excursions.

5. dtk07

dtk07 Earning My Ears

The most common suggestion for Tortola seems to The Baths but the time involved in that doesn't appear like it will work in a limited 4 hour window without really sweating getting back the ship.

6. lorimay

lorimay Celebrating 32 Ears

Is Disney not offering it?

7. Mitura

Mitura Mouseketeer

We recently did Cane Gardens Beach. Great little beach, just take a taxi back and forth. Brought some water toys and went swimming. Great relaxing day. Can be done in 2 hours or more.

8. ahain

ahain Thankful & Blessed

9. ahain

ahain Thankful & Blessed