How to tell if points on a reservation could be banked?

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
Without cancelling is there a way to check this? There doesn't seem to be a way to follow the points through the system to verify which points were used to book. I checked the records of points and I can see points were banked but then they are just in the pool and you can't see if the points on a specific reservation can be banked or not.

I don't have any points left for 2022 right now either.

Without cancelling is there a way to check this? There doesn't seem to be a way to follow the points through the system to verify which points were used to book. I checked the records of points and I can see points were banked but then they are just in the pool and you can't see if the points on a specific reservation can be banked or not.

I don't have any points left for 2022 right now either.
Modify the reservation without making any changes. On the final screen there's a link for View Points Summary. Click on that and it will show you how many points were used and the status of those points (holding, banked, borrowed, transferred in, available allotment).

Modify the reservation without making any changes. On the final screen there's a link for View Points Summary. Click on that and it will show you how many points were used and the status of those points (holding, banked, borrowed, transferred in, available allotment).

Will try sounds like I stopped one screen short when it just had the basic point overview.

Will try sounds like I stopped one screen short when it just had the basic point overview.

You actually have to go all the way to the end and rebook it.. Since you don't make any changes, nothing happens, but that is where the points summary screen will show! Once you go back to the dashboard, its gone and that is the only way to get it back.

That's a good trick. I'll have to remember that.

But it seems really weird to me that basically the data is there, but they don't show it to us.

That's a good trick. I'll have to remember that.

But it seems really weird to me that basically the data is there, but they don't show it to us.

You can find it in your points activity statement too but it’s harder to figure out, especially if you are someone like me who changes and books constantly.

You can also chat or call with MS who can tell you as well.

It’s the same with the waitlist. The only place you can see what you authorized..to borrow or not and if you asked to replace something is the confirmation screen. I screen shot that too because after you go off that, it isn’t posted anywhere

You can find it in your points activity statement too but it’s harder to figure out, especially if you are someone like me who changes and books constantly.

You can also chat or call with MS who can tell you as well.

It’s the same with the waitlist. The only place you can see what you authorized..to borrow or not and if you asked to replace something is the confirmation screen. I screen shot that too because after you go off that, it isn’t posted anywhere
This is me too! Our points activity statements are obnoxious to try to look at and trace anything! LOL!!! :)

There is a caveat to the advice of rebooking to see this information. Because the system will always take banked (and I presume borrowed) points first, rebooking could change the allocation of points. For instance, if Reservation 1 was originally booked with 100 banked points and Reservation 2 with 50 current points, and Reservation 1 has been cancelled, then rebooking Reservation 2 will convert it from 50 current points to 50 banked points. Unless something has changed, those banked points connected to Reservation 2 cannot be transferred to another reservation without cancelling Reservation 2, even if one were to call member services.

OrdInarily this is a good feature, because generally one would want to use banked points first, but there are times when I want banked points to be linked to a particular reservation. For instance, if I know for sure that I will use a reservation, then I would assign banked points to that one to be sure I used the banked points before expiration. On the other hand, If there is a reservation I may not use, I would prefer to use current points that can be banked or points that have a good lifespan left in the event I cancel the reservation.

The only way to control which reservation uses banked points is to be mindful of the order in which reservations are booked and to be cautious about using the rebooking method to view point allocation in a reservation. (And perhaps if one has multiple contracts in the same use year, you can have some control by specifying the order in which to use the contracts—I haven’t experimented with that.)

There is a caveat to the advice of rebooking to see this information. Because the system will always take banked (and I presume borrowed) points first, rebooking could change the allocation of points. For instance, if Reservation 1 was originally booked with 100 banked points and Reservation 2 with 50 current points, and Reservation 1 has been cancelled, then rebooking Reservation 2 will convert it from 50 current points to 50 banked points. Unless something has changed, those banked points connected to Reservation 2 cannot be transferred to another reservation without cancelling Reservation 2, even if one were to call member services.

OrdInarily this is a good feature, because generally one would want to use banked points first, but there are times when I want banked points to be linked to a particular reservation. For instance, if I know for sure that I will use a reservation, then I would assign banked points to that one to be sure I used the banked points before expiration. On the other hand, If there is a reservation I may not use, I would prefer to use current points that can be banked or points that have a good lifespan left in the event I cancel the reservation.

The only way to control which reservation uses banked points is to be mindful of the order in which reservations are booked and to be cautious about using the rebooking method to view point allocation in a reservation. (And perhaps if one has multiple contracts in the same use year, you can have some control by specifying the order in which to use the contracts—I haven’t experimented with that.)

That’s correct. Points that are in a reservation can’t be reallocated into a different reservation unless you have more than on contract and when modifying without changing you use the other contract and don’t click the one with banked points.

For example, if I have a reservation that used my banked RIV points and not my SSR points, I can change that around if it booked 7 months or less by just not choosing to use any RIV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter