How To Survive a Hurricane with Pizza and Kurt Russell- An Oct DR *Complete

Such an amazing start! I love your room and of course all the deliciousness!

Well you can't go wrong with WPE, I love the bacon wrapped meatloaf. I had no idea they had a sandwich. I am a huge fan of that Parisian slushy as well, it is a little bit of booze heaven for sure. Loved all of you Food and Wine updates. I can't wait for Nov 2017!! Remy is sooo cute. I am so mad at myself for not doing that.

Everything you ate (and drank) at F&W looks fantastic! I love your ears :)
And completely off food topic, where did you get your Minnie nail decals?

Love your food and wine pictures. Everything looks so good! Though, as an aussie, i take offense to them using the word shrimp instead of prawns :thumbsup2

I saw a treat online and I was glad I remembered to stop for I needed to try the Cannoli Cupcake.

This beauty can be found at the gelato stand in Italy. It was as good as it looks, if not better. The shell of the cannoli was fresh and crisp, which is a sticking point for me with cannolis, and the cake was so dense, but not very sweet which was perfect paired with the cannoli filling and the candied fruit. Cupcake nirvana!

On our way out of the park we used our FP for Soarin'. I really wanted to stay for Wilson Philips, but it had been a long day and we were hot and exhausted and ready to get back to our room. We caught a bus right away and fell fast asleep the second we walked in our room and had a much needed hour long nap.

Now, what's in store for dinner?

Is this a F&W thing or always in Italy now? I vaguely remember reading about it once. I LOVE cannolis!

Every time I see you WPE pictures I so want to go there and we have never been yet lol. Thanks for all your good coverage on the FW activities and of course the food and drinks you have tried.

Holy smokes we were in Epcot on the same day. Man it was hot! I wish I had a chance to try that La Passion Slushy but settled for the Pineapple Sake instead. Something about my son wanting to do Agent P Adventures, what a F&W Buzzkill, that one! :rotfl:

This beauty can be found at the gelato stand in Italy. It was as good as it looks, if not better. The shell of the cannoli was fresh and crisp, which is a sticking point for me with cannolis, and the cake was so dense, but not very sweet which was perfect paired with the cannoli filling and the candied fruit. Cupcake nirvana!

On our way out of the park we used our FP for Soarin'. I really wanted to stay for Wilson Philips, but it had been a long day and we were hot and exhausted and ready to get back to our room. We caught a bus right away and fell fast asleep the second we walked in our room and had a much needed hour long nap.

Now, what's in store for dinner?

Dang, that cannoli cupcake looks so good. I wish I knew about that. I loved that shrimp taco in Mexico too! Loving your trip report!

Following along! So far everything looks fantastic.... that taco in Mexico looked so yummy!

A bit late! Love your review so far! Happily reliving our F&W memories! Love the room at SSR! I grew up outside of Saratoga Springs, NY. I have never stayed at SSR but have walked thru and it is really cool! Some day ...

Can't wait for the rest of your reviews!

Jeri, your reports make me so happy! Every time you post a shrimp taco I want one so darn bad. And that Key Limen wine that you've posted about several times!!! I'm hoping they have something like that during Flower & Garden when we go!! Xoxo

I've been enjoying yet another DR Jeri! So much happiness & fun you 2 have together! Just love seeing & reading along! We look forward to WPE, no matter what it's always good. Nice to try new things though. We are staying OKW just so we can enjoy DS food next trip & WPE is a must!

Yum! This was our first year at Food and Wine and it was awesome. Loved the filet mignon at Canada and the Kerrygold cake at the Ireland booth.

I saw a review that the cannoli cupcake wasn't very good, but since you seemed to like it I'm thinking of trying it! After all it combines two of my favorite things.

Fun updates!! I love your vacation style!! For that beverage demo it looks like there was barely a taste in each glass! I wouldn't expect 3 full glasses but yeesh! The Kevin Sbraga demo looks fun. Any interesting Top Chef tidbits he shared? I think I was there around the same time and wow was it hot and then there was that hurricane nonsense...

What a great day you had! That Cannoli Cupcake looked amazing! I would be the one to buy the wine and then forget for days to pick it up at the gate :rotfl2:

Is this with all alcohol purchases? I kinda hope so after I saw them selling bottles/mason jars of wiskey in world showcase. I always thought that could be a HUGE problem with kids(college age) binge drinking thru the park.

I believe this is with all alcohol purchases in Epcot now. I get why they are doing it. Some ruin it for many. It was just SUPER inconvenient for us because we never stay in the park long enough to satisfy the timeframe required to pick it up at the entrance. They make you wait hours and the one day we did it our purchase still wasn't there and we had to return the item with our receipt and get our money back.

You are my personal food and wine hero. Seriously, you live the food and wine life I would love to live but unfortunately my daughter is having very little of it ; )

All of your food today looks great! Especially that scallop and the taco. Yum!

Looks like the culinary demo was a ton of fun. How cool to meet a top chef! We're total fans and are thankful to have a few permanently in DC now. That pheasant looks and sounds awesome. Gonna see if I can get my personal chef to make me some ; )

The goal was certainly to live the F&W life this trip, so we succeeded it that area for sure. We loved the culinary demo. I highly recommend it. It may intrigue your daughter as well.

Such an amazing start! I love your room and of course all the deliciousness!

Thank you! The room was awesome! I wish we could get that room every single trip.

Well you can't go wrong with WPE, I love the bacon wrapped meatloaf. I had no idea they had a sandwich. I am a huge fan of that Parisian slushy as well, it is a little bit of booze heaven for sure. Loved all of you Food and Wine updates. I can't wait for Nov 2017!! Remy is sooo cute. I am so mad at myself for not doing that.

You really can't go wrong with WPE. Always great for a last minute meal. You must try the sandwich if you like the meatloaf. It is so good. I loved doing the hunt for Remy. Such a fun little extra to pass the time.

Everything you ate (and drank) at F&W looks fantastic! I love your ears :)
And completely off food topic, where did you get your Minnie nail decals?

The Minnie nails are from Jamberry. I love their Disney decals! I have so many that its hard to choose which ones to wear on vacation.

Love your food and wine pictures. Everything looks so good! Though, as an aussie, i take offense to them using the word shrimp instead of prawns :thumbsup2

:laughing: Totally acceptable complaint

Is this a F&W thing or always in Italy now? I vaguely remember reading about it once. I LOVE cannolis!

It's always there thankfully! Cannolis are my absolute favorite dessert, so this was a real treat.

Every time I see you WPE pictures I so want to go there and we have never been yet lol. Thanks for all your good coverage on the FW activities and of course the food and drinks you have tried.

:laughing: One day you'll get there. I love F&W. I wish we could go every year.

Holy smokes we were in Epcot on the same day. Man it was hot! I wish I had a chance to try that La Passion Slushy but settled for the Pineapple Sake instead. Something about my son wanting to do Agent P Adventures, what a F&W Buzzkill, that one! :rotfl:

It really was a scorcher that day. The heat really got to me this trip too. I need to stick to November-early March from now on. :rotfl: One day he'll understand your sacrifice.

Dang, that cannoli cupcake looks so good. I wish I knew about that. I loved that shrimp taco in Mexico too! Loving your trip report!

I almost forgot about the cupcake! We were walking by that time and it occurred to me. The Mexico booth always has the best food. It's always one of my fav booths for F&G and F&W.

Following along! So far everything looks fantastic.... that taco in Mexico looked so yummy!

Thanks for joining in! The taco was so good! I love that booth.

A bit late! Love your review so far! Happily reliving our F&W memories! Love the room at SSR! I grew up outside of Saratoga Springs, NY. I have never stayed at SSR but have walked thru and it is really cool! Some day ...

Can't wait for the rest of your reviews!

Thanks for joining in! SSR is definitely worth staying it. You can't beat the location if you enjoy spending time at the Springs like we do.

Jeri, your reports make me so happy! Every time you post a shrimp taco I want one so darn bad. And that Key Limen wine that you've posted about several times!!! I'm hoping they have something like that during Flower & Garden when we go!! Xoxo

:goodvibes You should definitely have some awesome F&G options available for you on your trip. I'm so excited for your trip!

I've been enjoying yet another DR Jeri! So much happiness & fun you 2 have together! Just love seeing & reading along! We look forward to WPE, no matter what it's always good. Nice to try new things though. We are staying OKW just so we can enjoy DS food next trip & WPE is a must!

Aww thank you so much! OKW is great! Such a beautiful resort. WPE is always super enjoyable too.

Yum! This was our first year at Food and Wine and it was awesome. Loved the filet mignon at Canada and the Kerrygold cake at the Ireland booth.

I saw a review that the cannoli cupcake wasn't very good, but since you seemed to like it I'm thinking of trying it! After all it combines two of my favorite things.

How exciting to have your first F&W experience! I love the filet and the cake too. Yum! The canolli cake was different, but I enjoyed it.

Fun updates!! I love your vacation style!! For that beverage demo it looks like there was barely a taste in each glass! I wouldn't expect 3 full glasses but yeesh! The Kevin Sbraga demo looks fun. Any interesting Top Chef tidbits he shared? I think I was there around the same time and wow was it hot and then there was that hurricane nonsense...

It really was barely a taste. Not worth the money. I got a healthy pour of wine and food at the culinary demo for the same price. I have been trying to remember what he said about Top Chef, nothing too juicy, but all I can remember is my husband kept saying that he wanted to ask if Padma is super stuck up and if he went to Tom Colicchio's restaurant and judged his food :laughing: but he never did ask. Oh, that hurricane really fowled everything up. Ugh.

What a great day you had! That Cannoli Cupcake looked amazing! I would be the one to buy the wine and then forget for days to pick it up at the gate :rotfl2:

:laughing: That's something I would do too!

Ahhhhh! My computer has been uncooperative for weeks, so I have not been able to update, but I finally got a new computer on Black Friday and now I am back! So, where were we. Oh yeah, dinner time!

After a lovely nap we woke up refreshed and ready to take on the Springs for dinner. We walked over to Raglan Road, which had a huge wait, but we decided to put our names in and wait it out.

Killing time with goofy selfies.

My SIL and her fiancé decided to forgo their original plans and join us. They had lots of bus issues, but by the time we went through our 80 minute wait for a table they were able to get there right after we were seated. We were seated at an awesome table with a great view of the entertainment.

The two bands and the dancers there that night were incredible. We had the best time! The music was fantastic and the dancers were really interacting with the crowd.

We started with drinks. Rob had the Irish beer sampler.

I had some type of Baileys coffee shake which was really good.

Rob decided to stick with the same thing he did the last time we were here and got two appetizers. He started with the Nom Nom Wings which are sweet 'n spicy wings tossed in a honey, chili flake, soy and ginger sauce. He loves these! Honestly they are filling enough for a meal on their own.

He also got Kiss Before Shrimp which are pan seared local Florida coast shrimp in a garlic and chili lemon butter sauce with sliced baguette.

He loved these. They had a real kick to them! It about took my breath away when I tried one. Not super spicy, but just an overwhelming flavor. Too much for me, but he loved them.

I got the same thing I did last trip. The Burger 'R' Way which is a char-grilled sirloin beef burger with bacon, tomato chutney and Dubliner cheddar. This is sooooo good. I love the onion baked into the room. Gives it the perfect flavor.

He had our best experience yet at RR! We really have to start making reservations here because it is so crowded at night and being here for the music and the dancers is a must! A little girl who was maybe about 9 or 10 even went up on stage from the crowd and did an Irish dance by herself that was so good. It was such a fun moment and the crowd really got into it. We will definitely be back again in the evening on our upcoming trip!

After we left RR around 10:30 we decided to go right across the way to Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar! We had been talking it up to my SIL, so they were excited to check it out. It was pretty empty when we got there, but we decided to sit outside on the deck area because it was so nice out that evening. It was nice and dimly lit.

I decided to try a drink I hadn't tried yet. I got the Bedtime Story which is Absolut Mandrin Vodka, Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur, Hibiscus Syrup, fresh Lemon Juice, and Iced Tea.

I really liked this drink. It was not super boozy tasting, but not too sweet. It was the perfect thing for me to sit there and sip on.

Rob got his favorite, The Wrong Island, then he also got a Scottish Professor which is Monkey Shoulder Blended malt Scotch Whiskey, Hendrick's Gin, Pear Nectar, Simple Syrup, and fresh Lemon Juice.

We were able to use our TiW card here now, which was awesome! After a nice relaxing hour sipping cocktails we all decided to head back to our resort. While the others had to head for the buses, Rob and I were able to walk back to our room. It was almost completely empty in the Springs.

I decided to take advantage of the lack of people and grab a midnight snack for back at the room. Ladies and gentleman, the new love in my life, Sprinkles Cupcakes.

With no one else in the shop I was able to take my time and decide what to try first. Rob decided to try one too. The case was fairly empty this time of night, but there was still plenty to choose from. which begs the question, what happens to the extra cupcakes after closing? :laughing:

It's hard to see the cupcake ATM in the dark but it was so cute!

Once we got back to the room I had to bust into this cardboard box.

Rob went with the dark chocolate and I had the classic sprinkle cupcake.

Yum!!!!!

Rob thought his was good, but nothing special, but I was hooked. We got a buy one get one coupon on our receipt, so I mean, I have to go back right?

This was a super late night for us, so now it is time for bed because tomorrow is MK!

Our next day was a weird day. It had my favorite moment of the trip and the rest was some of my least favorite moments of the trip. So, let's start at the beginning of the day.

By the time we got up and caught a bus to MK it was 9:10am and the lines for bag check were maybe the worst I've ever seen. We were just not feeling it and really wanted breakfast. We were supposed to meet up with my SIL for rides that morning but we text her and bailed for the morning and caught a boat to Poly.

By the time we got to Poly it was 9:40 and we had no reservation but we figured we would try our luck at Kona.

I always love spending time in this resort.

They said the wait would be 30 minutes, which it was exactly, but finally we are in for breakfast at Kona Cafe.

We both started with Liliko'i Juice which is an Orange, Passion Fruit, and Guava blend. This juice is a little pricey as far as juice goes but we love it.

We also split our favorite French Press Kona Coffee.

For our entrees I went with my favorite, The Samoan. Poached Eggs with Hollandaise served over Smoked Pulled Pork Hash.

This was not my favorite Samoan ever. It was about half onion, which was off putting to be honest. Sometimes this has almost no onion and sometimes it has a lot. I need to start asking no no onion I think. I was kinda disappointed in this today.

Rob went with the Big Kahuna which is a massive breakfast of French Toast, Pancakes topped with Pineapple Sauce and Macadamia Nut Butter, Eggs, Home-fried Potatoes, Ham, Bacon, and Sausage. He liked it and was super full.

Our server was incredibly friendly which was great, but my Samoan and the time this took us really put me off. I was kinda annoyed we made the decision to eat her this morning and was wishing we had just braved bag check that morning to get a jump on rides.

Before we left Poly we stopped at Kona Island for my favorite pastry treat ever. Cheese Pinwheel! Heaven!

I got three of these, which Rob and I enjoyed at a later time. They are awesome! If you get a chance, you have to stop at Kona Island for coffee and one of these beauties.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter