How to surprise kids?

These are really great ideas. I have trouble keep secrets, so my kids new from the moment it was booked. My teenager chose the dates, so it would have the least amount of impact on cheer. I do hear, "How many more days?" almost every day.

You all will have some very happy kiddos when the find out:goodvibes

So any ideas of how to surprise older teens? We have a male 16 and a first year college girl.....

I was going to surprise the kids but DS got the mail!:eek:saw the envelope:eek:opened it and screemed were going on a cruise:eek: But.................I was going to have Christmas and then in the basment have Disney stockings hanging with cruise stuff in them. Sunglasses sun screen new snorkel etc etc and some thing stating our up coming cruise. Good luck! And have fun!

Folks -

Take heed of what Netti has said! That was posted in another thread I had about "anyone surprising the kids". I saw that and immediately contacted my TA and asked her if another address could be used to mail things to, so I wouldn't spoil the surprise for the kids. She said no problem, and I had the address changed in the system to my friend's in the neighborhood :thumbsup2 Good thing I did, b/c 2 pieces of major DCL info (DVD and the "Welcome aboard pack) have arrived.

Man, with all this chatter and excitement about surprising the kids, I feel like just blurting it out :scared1: Luckily my DS didn't read my post here as I am typing - he just walked in and wanted to see the smilies. Better go :banana:

we're taking the kids on a Med cruise in July....we're just telling them that we are going to Barcelona for a few days holiday....

My DS loves trains/planes/boats, so we're going to take a ride past the port to "see the boats", and ask if they want to wander around since we have time before our flight....and then go on board to "take a look".

My husband wanted to stay at a Disney-approved hotel just so they could transfer luggage, but the rates are just too high, so we'll have to wing the luggage bit.

Toughest part will be hiding DD's princess dresses (and not letting anything slip!) Thankfully, they're in school until the day before we leave, so no chance of them seeing any Disney mail.

We won't get a minutes rest in Barcelona if they know.

I really wanted to keep our Spring Break cruise in March a surprise for our kiddos, but I honestly didn't think I could keep it going that long, especially having to go get passports and the like....At any rate, we are cruising close enough to our 9yr old DS's birthday, that we are surprising him with celebrating his birthday onboard during the trip:bday:! I am pre-purchasing the birthday package that they set up in your cabin as you board. He'll even get a cake:thumbsup2 one of the nights! This was all his big brothers idea!!:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter