how to snag a stateroom?

dishee

Earning My Ears
End goal is a stateroom with a verandah on a sold out voyage. Other than constantly checking, what's the best way to snag a stateroom (w/verandah)? If I book an inside, would upgrades be made available to me before the "general public"? I'm constantly seeing openings for inside (which I do not want) and seeing (FB) others able to snag verandahs. And it's all during the times that I'm constantly checking!!

Just keep checking....unfortunately it's the only way. Are you getting close to the PIF date? Things tend to open up around that time. Good luck!

I would not book an inside if you are not willing to sail in one (I would not be). I stalk DCL website constantly when I'm looking for a better/different cabin. I'm often successful. My travel advisor also checks regularly.

you can do that? was i misinformed that DCL doesn't have waitlists?
DCL does not waitlist for regular staterooms, only concierge.

your best bet would to just keep checking the website. Like pp stated, as the final payment date comes up, usually staterooms pop up

End goal is a stateroom with a verandah on a sold out voyage. Other than constantly checking, what's the best way to snag a stateroom (w/verandah)?
Just let your TA know what you want and have them to the leg work for you.

Book the inside room, that way when a verandah pops up you will lock in the rates if a verandah would have been priced on that day.

I’d book what’s available to get on the ship and then sometimes they open up the veranda view or ocean view guarantee category where you don’t get your stateroom assigned until later on. They open these categories in anticipation of cancellations and they use these to fill in the ship.

Book the inside room, that way when a verandah pops up you will lock in the rates if a verandah would have been priced on that day.
This. Lock in your rate. When a verandah opens up, you can upgrade, and it will be at today’s rate, as the rates only go up.

then sometimes they open up the veranda view or ocean view guarantee category where you don’t get your stateroom assigned until later on
Just to clarify... OP would need to book a specific category stateroom and not an IGT (interior guarantee) rate. The IGT rate cannot be upgraded. Then watch for a specific category GTY (i.e. 4A GTY) because they would not be eligible for a VGT at that point without cancelling the interior booking.

OP - I advise that you only do this if you are willing to cruise with the interior stateroom in the event that you are unable to upgrade. Or if you will watch the calendar and cancel prior to PIF if you haven't upgraded. There may be more opportunity to upgrade after PIF but at that point you would be committed to the interior stateroom if not upgraded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter