• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to reserve Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studies tickets on Dec 24-26 (2021) inclusive

seema

Mouseketeer
On those days, one can still reserve tickets for entry into Epcot and Animal Kingdom.

But how does (if possible) reserve tickets for MK and HS - if WDW site says no availability?

We are not FL (or even USA) residents- we reside in Canada.

It does not seem that staying at a WDW resort helps gain entry on those days?

Can one book with a WDW dedicated travel agent - eg I have dealt with Small World Vacations, Inc in the past. Would WDW travel agents or some other sources have access to theme park tickets for those days?

Unfortunately there are no shortcuts. Occasionally spots open up either because people cancel or Disney is allowing more to enter. Some have also reported just adding 1 at a time even though it shows full.

But how does (if possible) reserve tickets for MK and HS - if WDW site says no availability?
One cannot reserve a park when the WDW site shows is no availability.

I believe one can still park hop after 2PM even to parks with no availability.

There is no way to book a reservation for a park that is currently full. You can book the parks that are showing availability and hop at 2PM.

You can continue to check to see if there are cancellations but those parks have been full for a while now so it really will be checking at the exact right time for a cancellation and hoping to grab it.

I would not delay booking parks that are showing availability as it's highly likely that those will fill too and probably sooner than later.

On those days, one can still reserve tickets for entry into Epcot and Animal Kingdom.

Can one book with a WDW dedicated travel agent - eg I have dealt with Small World Vacations, Inc in the past. Would WDW travel agents or some other sources have access to theme park tickets for those days?
On another forum (TP), someone in a similar predicament to you found that the system wouldn’t even allow them to buy 4 day tickets and in desperation they bought one day tickets for the days that were a available and then every park became available to reserve other than MK.

Oddly enough like 2 days ago everything but New Year’s Eve was showing available for me. Picked up some MK for dec 9 and 11 at that time. Just keep checking.
Also, does anyone know, if an annual pass holder arrives in Florida after 2pm must the ap still get scanned in at the park that was originally reserved before hopping?

Oddly enough like 2 days ago everything but New Year’s Eve was showing available for me. Picked up some MK for dec 9 and 11 at that time. Just keep checking.
Also, does anyone know, if an annual pass holder arrives in Florida after 2pm must the ap still get scanned in at the park that was originally reserved before hopping?
Sadly yes.

Yes, everyone plays by the same rules which really makes sense. To hop all guests must first tap into the park they have a reservation for.

So just to clarify- if one reserves at any available theme park and goes there for up to 2 pm- then one can park hop to a theme park which now is full and is not accepting reservations.

To put it another way, my question is this:

I go to Epcot or AK on Dec 25 - MK and HS are full.
I then decide to go to MK or HS after 2 pm. Could WDW say that capacity at MK or HS is such that even park hopping is not allowed after 2 pm - esp on Christmas Day.

Obviously, if one park hops to HS- there is no way one can book one of the Star Wars rides- which would be the reason to go to HS in the first place!

PS-are the water parks open on Christmas- does one need a reservation for a WDW water park?
PPS-any way to get theme park tickets for those days that are now closed for reservation by booking an insiders tour - if there is such a thing?

@seema, meant to quote you 😊
Disney has only shut down park hopping once, and that was for just a few hours on the 50th anniversary and only to the Magic Kingdom. They've had lots of days of full capacity crowds in all 4 parks.

You can purchase RotR at 7am, if you're staying on site. You could also use your 7am Genie+ selection for mfsr if you want. At least for now... Park hoppers get reservation times for after 2 pm in a park that is not their reservation.

@seema, meant to quote you 😊
Disney has only shut down park hopping once, and that was for just a few hours on the 50th anniversary and only to the Magic Kingdom. They've had lots of days of full capacity crowds in all 4 parks.

You can purchase RotR at 7am, if you're staying on site. You could also use your 7am Genie+ selection for mfsr if you want. At least for now... Park hoppers get reservation times for after 2 pm in a park that is not their reservation.
Though by far my longest wait for LL was at 2pm. Didn’t realize it at the time but I suspect any popular rides will be really slammed between 2-3pm for that reason.

Just looking now - somehow the availability calendar looked much better (compared to when i looked yesterday).
Anyway. Hollywood studios is now showing available for Dec 24th, 25th, and 26th. This may not last. Hope you can make your reservations for those days soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter