how to rent a car for one day, while on site?

palmtreelover08

DIS Veteran
Has anyone rented a car from Disney while staying on site? I want to take a day trip to the beach, but do not want to rent a car for the 10 day trip. I would like to just rent it for the day. Has anyone done this? Is it difficult to do (a big pain in the tush trying to get the car and return it)? :confused3 Suggestions are appreciated (P.S. It will just be DD (7) and I, so we do not need a van or anything special).

Has anyone rented a car from Disney while staying on site? I want to take a day trip to the beach, but do not want to rent a car for the 10 day trip. I would like to just rent it for the day. Has anyone done this? Is it difficult to do (a big pain in the tush trying to get the car and return it)? :confused3 Suggestions are appreciated (P.S. It will just be DD (7) and I, so we do not need a van or anything special).
It's really quite easy to rent from Alamo or National at the Dolphin. You can take the bus there from the MK or AK or walk from Epcot or DHS.

There are several places you can rent a car on property.
Alamo/National at the Swan/Dolphin and the Car Care Center near the MK toll plaza.
Dollar has a rental location at the Regal Sun Resort on Hotel Plaza Blvd, just across the street from DTD.

Avis is at the Hilton across the street from DTD.

Enterprise is near DTD and they pick up and drop off. Unlike Alamo they do not have to pay a landlord recovery fee so they are little cheaper. the downside compared to Alamo is that they have more limited hours

Weird since enterprise owns alamo

Alamo/National at the Disney Car Care Center has afree shuttle that will pick you up and drop you off at your WDW resort. Depending on where you're staying at WDW, this can be more convenient than busing to the Dolphin or using an off-site agency.

ok.. cool. I am staying at the Beach Club so I could just walk to the Dolphin.

Thanks so much !:goodvibes
Just make sure to get there before the counter closes. I think it's at 4:00 pm. I think the Car Care Center (which requires a ride to the location) is open later. FWIW, you can always return your car to the Dolphin after the counter closes. Just drop your car off with the valet and they will give you a slip with your return time on it :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter