How to pronounce ROFR?

skirby

Earning My Ears
I know ROFR stands for Right of First Refusal, but when you read ROFR, how do you pronounce it?

Row-fer
Raw-fer
Arr-oh-eff-arr
Right of First Refusal

jara1528

Always dreaming about Disney!
We say raw-fer in our house and each day we say a little prayer to the ROFR gods that they leave our contract alone!:rotfl:

Deb & Bill

DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
Right of First Refusal.

How do you pronounce DVC?
Devec
Deves
Dee Vee Cee

skirby

Earning My Ears
I was thinking of it as more of a reading test. What people "think" when they are reading about ROFRs. If that makes any sense.

belias21

DIS Dad's Club Member #717
skirby said:
I know ROFR stands for Right of First Refusal, but when you read ROFR, how do you pronounce it?

Row-fer
Raw-fer
Arr-oh-eff-arr
Right of First Refusal
Before reading this thread, I always sounded out each letter and never really thought anything of it. Now I somewhat like the "row-fer" option.

Sometimes, I just say "that darn monkey..."

Disney Princess

Member Since Day 1
We say each letter - arr oh eff arr. But we pronounce DVC that way as well.

However, even when the resort names are abbreviated, I say the name of the resort. So, if I saw BWV, I would say in my head (or out loud) Boardwalk.

Caren90

DIS Veteran
We are from Boston so we drop the "r" on the end: Raw faaah.
"I hope that wicked Raw-faaah monkey keeps his dirty paws off my contract."

Stephen

cfw213

DIS Veteran
Disney Princess said:
We say each letter - arr oh eff arr. But we pronounce DVC that way as well.

However, even when the resort names are abbreviated, I say the name of the resort. So, if I saw BWV, I would say in my head (or out loud) Boardwalk.
Same! It's funny, it never occurred to me that people might say (or think) it differently than that.

rocketriter

DIS Veteran
We pronounce it "Right of first refusal." (My wife being a lawyer might have something to do with this.)

rlduvall

DIS Veteran
We pronounce it "Right of first refusal." (My wife being a lawyer might have something to do with this.)
Me too. Maybe the fact I have worked with attorneys for the last 28 years has something to do with that. I see a pattern . . . :bitelip: Never thought to use the abbreviation in my head.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES