How to post on other posts and private message

LouisianaDad35

Earning My Ears
I’m new and want to know to private message people and how to comment on other threads. Please help!!

Havent figured out the private message but I think it is an option after you have been a member for a certain length of time.
If you want to reply publicly to a message just make sure you are logged in and use the reply button over there to the right lower...

I’m new and want to know to private message people and how to comment on other threads. Please help!!

To private message (or “Start a Conversation” to use the board software terminology), you need at least 10 posts and need to wait for a bit of time for the software to catch up. We have a “Test Board” thread here where you can post to get to 10: https://www.disboards.com/threads/using-this-board-to-up-your-post-count-please.3571551/

:welcome: To the DIS!

There are two ways to comment on other threads.

One way is to reply to a specific post within the thread. To do this, just click on the lower right button that says Reply. It will quote the post that you are answering and allow you to type your response. To post it to the forum, click "Post reply".

Another way to post is to just scroll toward the bottom of the page of the thread you are reading and you will see a box for typing your thoughts. It says "write your reply" in light gray letters. Click on it. Start typing and hit "Post reply" when you're done.

There's also a way of quoting multiple posts within your own post but for now, those two should work for you 99% of the time.

Does the person you are trying to PM need to follow you as well? Just reach the 10 post limit and you and PM anyone?

Thanks for the help.

Does the person you are trying to PM need to follow you as well? Just reach the 10 post limit and you and PM anyone?

Thanks for the help.

No one needs to follow the other. Both of you have to have the ability to send and receive PMs, though, I believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter