how to make my autograph book(s)?

deana s

Earning My Ears
:rolleyes2 I am obsessing.....and indecisive.... This is our first trip to WDW. 2 kids: DD7, DS4. I think I have realized that I will need two autograph book while we are there for signing. But I cannot decide how I want to make the autograph book. Originally I wanted to do a 6x6 or 8x8 album with pictures of the characters/kids, autographs, embellishments, patterned papers themed to characters, etc......which would be a lot of work (especially now that I realize I will have to make one for each child). Do I scale down and just add pictures to the autograph books that they buy in the park ...maybe some paper and/or embellishments as well? OR, I have seen book that used regular 4x6 albums....preprinted with pictures of the characters on the autograph paper, so the character would sign next to his/her picture (then add a photo on the opposite page after the trip). So could you guys tell me what you have done..... what makes the best book?? TIA! :rolleyes2

In the parks now they have an autograph book were there is a clear window on the back of the page to put a 4x6 picture. So you could have the autograph on the right side and the picture on the left. One book had Princesses on the cover and I think there was another, but don't remember what was on the cover. I don't remember how many it held either (Boy, I'm no help!) :rotfl2:

I think they were arould $12-15. I think they were a 8x8.

One thing I noticed was that the characters will take as much room for their signature as you give them. We forgot our autograph book one day and they signed just fine on a small (maybe 3" x 4" paper), but when we had our 5x7 autograph book they used the whole page to sign.

If your planning on adding pictures I suggest you somehow block out the area you intend the picture to go or they may sign right over the top of it.

:wave:

I made an autograph book for my last trip - I made a 6x4 page for each character using clip art I found on the net and adding frames etc in Photo Impact. Then I printed them out and stuck them on every other page of a hard back notebook which had thick cardstock paper for the pages. The facing pages can then be used to put the photos on {if I ever get them printed :rotfl:}

Other people have taken a similar approach but kept the pages loose, put them ona clipboard to carry them around - then when you get home you can scrap the pages or put them in a photoslbum with the photos.

I am 29 years old and got soooo much interaction from the characters when they saw pictures of themselves on the pages - they would take the book and show each other and the CMs with them. Another DIS member used by images when she took her young sons recently and they got even more attention!

The books in the parks are cute - but the pages are plain and they are expensive.

I would highly recommend you make personalised pages - however you do it - just beware that you may want to use the book on a rainy day so take a waterproof baggie to keep it in and don't over do the scrapping in case the page gets wet - you can always add more when you get home and this would leave more space for the signatures.

If you'd like to see my autograph pages there is a link in my signature.

:)

RJ

I love this idea. I downloaded one of your images but when I printed it it came out all blurry and the words were cut off. Any idea what I am doing wrong? By the way - I picked the white rabbitt to test with.

Thanks!

rosiejo said:
Other people have taken a similar approach but kept the pages loose, put them ona clipboard to carry them around - then when you get home you can scrap the pages or put them in a photoslbum with the photos.
That's what I'm doing! I cut pieces of white, acid-free cardstock and stacked them on a small clipboard I bought at a dollar store. I kept that in a ziplock bag with a big pen, and we were always ready with a new piece of paper for the characters to sign. I'm putting them in the 7x7 Creative Memories Mickey album. :)

This has been an ongoing project, and I've scrapped a few of the photos/autographs and posted the pages on 2Peas if you're interested:

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=815056

I just started making autograph books this week. What I'm doing is downloading clip art and using Printshop to personalize each character's picture. When I'm done, I'll take the books(4) to Office Depot. They bind the books using colorful spiral binding and it only costs a few dollars. I'm allowing my daughter and her friend to choose the character they each like best for their respective book covers and they can also choose the color of the spiral binding they like. It's so much fun!!

FairyAuntMother said:
I love this idea. I downloaded one of your images but when I printed it it came out all blurry and the words were cut off. Any idea what I am doing wrong? By the way - I picked the white rabbitt to test with.

Thanks!

That's odd... here's how I did it.

Go to the images - click on the one you want so that it opens up big on the screen - then right click and save as - save to your hard drive.

When you have all the ones you want open Word and go to Insert Picture from File. Browse to where you saved the files and select them all.

They should all drop into word and you can then print them out.

They're sized to be 6x5 inches.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks everyone for your replies. I am starting to narrow down my choices...!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts