How to make an escape wedding like wishes?

ppawdisney

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. So we're most likely going with an Escape wedding at the wedding pavilion and I wanting some easier understanding about adding a reception and dessert party. I have bought the Disney fairytale weddings guide but nothing is as helpful as personal experience. Ideally I would love to add a small reception somewhere that is NOT a restaurant (We want an actual reception type feel and not just a dinner) and then we would love to have a dessert party and double our guest amount so we can invite friends and go over the 18 guest limit. Dream location for the dessert party would be at Epcot can I wear my wedding dress in this case?

The Escape chapter of the Fairy Tale Weddings Guide lists all the pricing for adding a catered event through your Disney planner, and Chapter 5 lists pricing and policies for adding a dessert party. You can wear your gown in the park if you plan your dessert party through your Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings planner.

I have interviewed numerous Escape brides who added a catered event and/or a dessert party to their weddings, including brides who had "Wishes" style events by adding to and customizing the Escape package. You can hear their personal experiences here: https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/category/walt-disney-world/escape-collection/

I did basically this by having my reception “off site” at Swan and Dolphin! I had a full reception with a DJ, dancing, buffet dinner, etc. We didn’t do a dessert party, but we had a rehearsal dinner and welcome gathering just like any wedding. It was perfect for us and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. I saved so much money compared to a similar full Wishes event. We customized so much within the Escape package as well (cake, floral, etc). I have an interview on carries podcast linked above, we are the Escape + Swan wedding spotlight! :tilt:

As far as venues that don’t feel like a restaurant, you may be able to grab a space like Ariel’s or The Attic or a patio/outdoor space to host your catered meal so it feels less like a restaurant vibe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!