How to keep tickets/FP+ a surprise on MDE?

abbiesmomma

Earning My Ears
We are bringing my DD to MK for a quick visit on her 16th birthday-- which she knows about. But we have decided to surprise her by bringing along her best friend as well. DD has her own MDE account and can see all the plans for this trip... if I add her friend and her ticket to our trip plan (and accompanying FP+, Dining, Resort, etc.), the surprise will obviously be out as she will see her friend's name.

Wondering about instead adding the friend's ticket to my mom's profile (which is linked with mine)... so I can make FP+ (hoping to copy from our existing FP+?)... and then reassigning the ticket/FP+ to my daughter's friend's profile once the surprise has been told (a few days before the trip). Grandma coming along to MK would be nice but not the same sort of surprise (Grandma lives in FL so this would not be so suspicious).

If a ticket is reassigned, do the FP+ follow the ticket? I have searched and can't seem to find a definitive answer to this... Is there any better way to get the planning done for the extra person and keep it 'hidden' from DD? Mostly concerned about FP+ since we are within 3 weeks of the trip and am worried that availability will be limited.... Or do I just need to tell DD to 'not look on her MDE' (a sure sign that mom is up to something... lol!)

If a ticket is reassigned, do the FP+ follow the ticket? I
No. You will lose the FPs. You can just let the friend use your Mother’s MB for park entry and FPs...don’t reassign anything.

Another thing you can do is go to your Family and Friends list and Select to keep plans Private rather than Sharing All Plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter