How to get to...

clara77

Earning My Ears
How would I go about getting to Downtown Disney from DHS? I know that there is no bus from DHS, but I know many people here probably have advice on the fastest route. Will it take a long time? Thoughts?

I *think* we will be at DHS that morning, and then early afternoon head to DTD, then back to our resort (Contemporary) ...then boat to the HDDR. Hoping this is not too much in one day! We will have been to DHS a few days earlier, so just heading back in the early AM for TSM (since i am anticipating the looooove my son will have for it).

Thanks in Advance for any thoughts!

I would say take the boat to whatever Epcot resort it stops at first and get on the bus to DTD from there.

If there is not a boat at the dock you can walk over to the Boardwalk Inn and take the DTD bus from there Or you can take the bus to the SSR from DHS and then either walk to DTD from there or take the DTD bus.

I would take the bus to Port Orleans and then take the boat to DTD. Or take the bus to Pop Century and then another bus to DTD. In my experience, the deluxe resorts have terrible bus service, especially to DTD, so I would avoid transferring at one of the Epcot area resorts.

A little will depend on exactly where at DTD you are trying to get to. If you're going to the marketplace you could also take bus from DHS to SSR Congress Park stop and walk from there, as well as the PP suggestions.
Via Disney transportation, figure 60-90 minutes at worst, much will depend on how long you have to wait for buses and/or boats.
You could also take a taxi and be there in 10-15 minutes at a cost of approx $10-$12 plus tip.

I would take the bus to Port Orleans and then take the boat to DTD. Or take the bus to Pop Century and then another bus to DTD. In my experience, the deluxe resorts have terrible bus service, especially to DTD, so I would avoid transferring at one of the Epcot area resorts.

Right...the 5 Epcot resorts all share one bus.

POP is right around the corner from DHS...I would bus there and then transfer to the DTD bus. Alternately, get a cab.

Thanks for all the advice, we just want to do a little shopping and have lunch at DTD. I don't think a cab would work as we have a 5 and 2 year old that need carseats.

So will the bus back to the Contemporary afterwards be a disaster then? if bus service is not great? Or are return busses easier. And monorail won't be at DTD so any thoughts?

So will the bus back to the Contemporary afterwards be a disaster then? if bus service is not great? Or are return busses easier. And monorail won't be at DTD so any thoughts?

It won't be a disaster. If there's another option besides taking a deluxe resort bus, I take it, but there really isn't if you want to get from DTD to the Contemporary. It's fine, but not exactly speedy.

Gotcha, thanks! Well, that is our low key relaxing day anyway, so hopefully won't take too long, but no big deal as long as we get to HDDR!

The poor deluxe resort bus service is mainly the 5 Epcot resorts. The others are OK...but the ride will be a little long to the CR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter