How to get the best Hojo price w/out AP?

vossjemi

I LUV 2 Travel!!!
Hi. We're family of 4 who are thinking about staying here for 2 nights Aug 10-12 after our Disney cruise. I'm trying to figure out how to get the best price out of this hotel. Best deal could include park tickets if it works out that way. Here's what I've found so far.

Regular rate is $159/night Disney facing 2 queen beds or $149 pool view
AAA rate is $143.10/night Disney facing 2 queen beds or $134.10 pool view
Mousesavers code is $135.15 Disney facing 2 queen beds or $126.65 pool view

I've read some have been able to get $59-69 with an entertainment code. I don't have the entertainment book. I looked it up & I'm assuming I'd have to buy the $9.99 one for anaheim. Is there a hojo discount code once I've bought it to use for this hotel? Now, I hate to buy the book if the discount doesn't apply for summer or it ends up being no better than the above deals. Can anyone w/an entertainment book run a search for me and let me know what kind of deal you can get? Thanks.

Also, I'm not sure if adding tickets in will make it any cheaper or not. This is what I've found as far as ticket prices.

Disneyland.com & Getaway today prices look the same to me (am i wrong?)
3 day hopper $139/kids $169 adults
2 day hopper $112/kids $132 adults

ARES Travel package from Mousesavers $216.23pp or $864.92 w/3 day park hoppers & standard room (I'm assuming this is not disney view or pool view, but it doesn't seem to give me an option to choose the type of room). So, even though its not an apples to apples comparison, if park ticket portion of this booking is $616 (2A/2K 3 day hoppers), that makes the room total $248.92 or $124.46/night (again not disney view or pool view...don't know how to get that with the booking engine)

Getaway Today package is $877 using podcast code to get out of $10 of the $20 handling fee w/ 3 day park hoppers & standard room (same room problem, can't select pool or disney view). Again, not apples to apples, but subtracting out $616 for tickets, that makes room total $261 or $130.50/night (again not pool or disney view...don't know how to get that with the booking engine)

So, what would you do? How do you get the best discount you can for this hotel short of buying an AP? Will ent code work to get it even cheaper for me? And, just buy tickets separately? Hojo says they sell them, but I hate to get there and pay full retail price.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

here is the code sd50
dis boards get 15% off
the dates the ds50 is available is on the hojoanahiem.com website under message boards

Thanks for the link! I didn't realize Hojo had their own msg board. That is cool. So, it looks like the cheapest I'm going to get is the 15% discount by mousesavers or disboards since ent code isn't available.

So, where would you get your tickets? Disneyland.com, Getaway today, or at Hojo? Does Hojo sell at same rates as the others, cheaper, or retail?

For future reference: you don't have to buy the Entertainment book for Anaheim; you can buy the one for your local area. All you need is the card.

How many magic mornings do you need? If you will be there later in the day on Sunday after your cruise, you don't need the Sunday one, which leaves only Tuesday for your stay. So you wouldn't need the 2 MMs which would be available if you book through GAT. I think it's just as cheap online at DL.com as GAT or Ares.

We got our from GAT for the 2 MM perk! Use the code PODCAST and save the $10.00 processing fee

Yes, I think we would get there too late for MM on Sunday. I'm not even sure what time we will get off the ship & they'll let people with early flights off first. So, Tues only. Our Tues flight isn't until 4pm, so we thought we could do MM and get back to hotel and check out around noonish, so only a 1/2 day there really, but I'm hoping worth it for MM. Does the MM ticket come with any 3 day hopper pass no matter where I purchase it?

Just wanted to let you know to constantly check back to look at the entertainment rate dates. My dates (5/10 - 5/14) were not on there while I was planning my trip or right after I booked the hotel. But by some random twist of fate I checked their site the day before we left (5/9) and the dates had been added!!! I quickly called and they were able to change my rate from $123 a night to the $59/night! It was truly a Magical Moment for me and my credit card. :lmao:

Yes, I think we would get there too late for MM on Sunday. I'm not even sure what time we will get off the ship & they'll let people with early flights off first. So, Tues only. Our Tues flight isn't until 4pm, so we thought we could do MM and get back to hotel and check out around noonish, so only a 1/2 day there really, but I'm hoping worth it for MM. Does the MM ticket come with any 3 day hopper pass no matter where I purchase it?

Oh, hey, just so you know-- you can pack up and check out before you head to the parks, and they'll hold your luggage for you at the bell desk. So you could stay till, what, 1 pm? Then go back to the hotel for your transport to the airport. Hmmm, I guess that's not too much different than noonish, though, really.

Just wanted to let you know to constantly check back to look at the entertainment rate dates. My dates (5/10 - 5/14) were not on there while I was planning my trip or right after I booked the hotel. But by some random twist of fate I checked their site the day before we left (5/9) and the dates had been added!!! I quickly called and they were able to change my rate from $123 a night to the $59/night! It was truly a Magical Moment for me and my credit card. :lmao:

I had the same experience, except I checked AFTER the period to cancel the other hotel I had booked, so I got frustration instead of a lower price. :rotfl:

In my case they added my date to the Entertainment rate list within a week of my trip.

Wow, so I can book it and keep checking to see if the rate changes! Our nights are a sun/mon so I wouldn't think as popular as a fri/sat stay and should be cheaper. Maybe an ent rate will come out before we leave too! I didn't realize they'd just give you that rate if you had already booked. That is nice to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter