How to get little kids excited for Pandora?

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by ChemMom, Aug 9, 2018.

1. ChemMom

ChemMom Earning My Ears

My kids are 4 & 6, so too young to watch Avatar. I'd like them to have an idea of what Pandora is before we go. Does anyone know of any books, etc that would be appropriate for them? Thank you!

2. DisneyWishes14

DisneyWishes14 DIS Veteran

Perhaps just show them a clip or trailer from the movie? My DS watched the scene where the warriors are paired with the banshee so he understood FoP a little better. He still has no idea what the movie is about, really, and he still enjoyed the scenery in Pandora.

ChemMom, PollyannaMom and 3gr8boys like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. stace1214

stace1214 DIS Veteran

We let our son watch a couple clips of the movie on Youtube. Our daughter was too young. Even if we hadn't watched anything, they would have still be totally amazed. My kids absolutely loved looking around, especially at night.

ChemMom and PollyannaMom like this.
  5. 10CJ

10CJ DIS Veteran

Show them some commercials or promo material.

ChemMom and PollyannaMom like this.
  6. NYCgrrl

NYCgrrl DIS Veteran

At your children's ages, I'd take them to a botanical garden/arboretum or natural history museum with a rain forest setting. Perhaps borrow a book with color photographs from the library; I'm sure a librarian can point you in the right direction. An art museum with an Impressionistic collection is another possibility and Kate and the Impressionists is a great book for those ages.

jacknsally19 and ChemMom like this.
  7. GinnyBear's_mom

GinnyBear's_mom DIS Veteran

If you are going to Pandora at night you can get them excited about the bioluminescent glow under the black lights. We had our kids wear a few neon and white items and they loved walking around under the special lights to make themselves glow!

Tim Tracker is our favorite kid friendly youtuber and he has several videos posted about Pandora that you could show your kids to get them interested.

ChemMom likes this.
  8. MomOTwins

MomOTwins The Mommy Fairy

We let out kids watch segments of the movie that correspond to the rides. Like the scene where Jake flies the banshee.

ChemMom likes this.
  9. jacknsally19

jacknsally19 DIS Veteran

My 6 year old has never seen Avatar movie but absolutely loved the land. We went for the 1st to that land in January and it was the one thing she asked to do on our return trip this August. My point being - I don’t think you need to do anything to get them excited... they will love it.

PollyannaMom and NYCgrrl like this.