~How to dress your Princess for less~

NavyMomX2

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this has already been covered here. (I'm fairly new to the boards.)
My family just returned on Monday from 10 glorious WDW days. Having 3 little girls in our group, I tended to notice all of the little girls walking throughout the parks who had their BBB makeovers. My husband & I couldn't get over HOW MANY "full makeovers" there were. There was no way that we could do this for our 2 little Granddaughters (there were 6 children total). I just found this site myfancyprincess(dot)com that has Princess, Disney, etc., dresses for a fraction of what they cost @ WDW. Next time, I'll buy MY little Princesses dresses before we go to WDW, and I'll do their hair & makeup. I know it's not the same as going to the BBB salon, but knowing my Gkiddos, they'll be thrilled to walk around in their dresses, makeup & "hairdos". :banana:

I bought the Disney hair glitter ($1 each) on an end cap at Walmart. I also bought DD4 a Tinkerbell-themed hair scrunchie.

We don't do the princess dress at the park because it's a bit of a hassle and I'd rather have DD in comfy clothes (lots of Disney princess t-shirts).

I thought of bringing some of my DD who is 2 some of her barbie dresses. They are still just a frilly & we already have them. Then we can spend our money on other things.

I forwarded this to my sister who has a 4 yo and will be visiting Disney in November. She's already done the BBB thing, so maybe she'll opt for this!
Thanks for the info!

I bought my DD5's Tinkerbell and Jasmine costumes off ebay pretty cheap then took her to the barber shop on main street and for $5 they put her hair in a ponytail, glittered it, and put a couple of streaks of color in it. She was thrilled and I was able to do this on more then one occasion while there because of the price.

Our DD is 4 and loves the princesses, I always have ariel, minnie mouse and other outfits made for her on E-bay, there are some very talented designers and some outfits are very reasonable. The best part you can resell them and get most if not all of your money back. We will try the barber shop on main street for the ponytail and glitter though!!! GREAT IDEA:thumbsup2

Keep your eye on the Disney Store for Halloween sales -- I bought DD a deluxe Cinderella dress for half-off and stored it in an unused closet until our trip this past March. She wore it the whole trip.

Sorry if this has already been covered here. (I'm fairly new to the boards.)
My family just returned on Monday from 10 glorious WDW days. Having 3 little girls in our group, I tended to notice all of the little girls walking throughout the parks who had their BBB makeovers. My husband & I couldn't get over HOW MANY "full makeovers" there were. There was no way that we could do this for our 2 little Granddaughters (there were 6 children total). I just found this site myfancyprincess(dot)com that has Princess, Disney, etc., dresses for a fraction of what they cost @ WDW. Next time, I'll buy MY little Princesses dresses before we go to WDW, and I'll do their hair & makeup. I know it's not the same as going to the BBB salon, but knowing my Gkiddos, they'll be thrilled to walk around in their dresses, makeup & "hairdos". :banana:

psstt... I just saw this too: Sale....take 20% off of your entire purchase! :wizard: Enter coupon code princess20 during checkout.**Restrictions apply: furniture items and rocking chairs not included.** Sale ends Sunday, August 17th.

Its always great when you can do something for less at Disney.The first year for BBB we didn't bring costumes and I didn't want to spend over $60.00 for the ones in the park when i know they won't stay on for long. We took a quick trip to a nearby Walmart and purchased Disney princess dresses for $20.00.

The next year we booked the same package and brought costumes that they had worn at Halloween. They were in good shape and since they would only wear them for an hour or so it didn't matter.

This year my youngest didn't want to do BBB, but she still wanted to dress up. I brought her gown from home that i bought on clearance at the Disney store and at the World of Disney bought the scrunchie with the pink extensions and also bought a similar crown to the one my oldest got with her package this year. I also brought along some pixie dust. I put some make up on her and she looked just as good.

The gowns take up alot of room, but we never had a problem taking them, but its even more trickty because of the bag fees on some flights.

I saw Hannah Montanna Hair Scrunchies (with the fake rocker hair) at Walmart. Look like the same stuff from BBB to me :confused3 You can also buy one of the small hair crowns in most of the gift shops at WDW. I know I saw them at Pop, the stores on Main St and, the stores at DHS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter