How to Delete background in photo... photo impact tips and tricks experts and newbies

mamaprincess

DIS Veteran
Many of my pictures have solid color bacgrounds and I'd like to make those backgrounds transparent so that I can then add a new background. I've downloaded photoimpact 11 trial, but there must be a trick to it because I can only seem to manage to delete the object instead of the background.

Are there any really user friendly photo editing softwear that I can perform this application with or is photoimpact 11 really simple. Help please. :headache:

I know its tricky but once you figure out your programs way to do it its fun.

Never mind. I figured it out. :)

Would you mind posting how deleting the background works? I bought the photoimpact program recently and haven't figured it out yet. Thank you. :)

Yes, could you share the instructions?? And, where did you find your trial of photoimpact 11? Thanks! :goodvibes

I found the photoimpact 11 trial link by going onto the "design tips" thread and under how to use photoimpact 10 there are links to tutorials. The first tutorial link has the free download. It will say it is photoimpact 10 but it isn't any longer it is photoimpact 11.

As to how I changed the back ground hmmmm... I 'll have to do it again then write down the steps as I'm doing it and then post again. sorry it took me so long to reply. I hadn't checked this thread in a while.

1. Go to browse then select a picture to use for your new background.
2. Go to my pictures and select a picture with a solid background then copy and paste it onto your new background.
3. click on eraser tool on the left side of your screen then click on magic eraser
4.click on to picture you wil see dots outlining the object that you want to place onto the new back ground and the solid back ground will disappear leaving the object on the new background .
5. right click on this new picture and click on merge
6. You now have a picture with the background of your choice.

Thank you so much.

I think we need to start a new thread for PhotoImpact Users. Tips & Tricks.

I know it helps me a lot when someone gives me the steps.

mama- I just gotta really tell you THANKS SO MUCH!!! I just went and followed your directions and after a few minutes was able to do what I've been trying to learn how to do for a few months now! THANK YOU- THANK YOU -THANK YOU!!!!!

I'm so glad I could help. I've learned so much from the Dis boards in general, it's nice to be able to give back. :flower:

As for a Photo impact thread I could add onto the title of this thread Photo impact Q&A or something here so that this thread can continue as a kind of tip thread. What do you think?

I say go for it mama! Thanks again!

So then the next question involves text- how to put it onj nad then how to change textures, effects etc.

I haven't done that yet. Maybe someone who has more experience with photo impact has. I am going to alter the title of this thread now.

mamaprincess said:
I'm so glad I could help. I've learned so much from the Dis boards in general, it's nice to be able to give back. :flower:

As for a Photo impact thread I could add onto the title of this thread Photo impact Q&A or something here so that this thread can continue as a kind of tip thread. What do you think?

I think that would be a wonderful idea.

GO FOR IT!!
:cheer2:

karebear1 said:
I say go for it mama! Thanks again!

So then the next question involves text- how to put it onj nad then how to change textures, effects etc.
Ok, I think I can answer the second part. go to browse and select photo then got to effects at the top of your screen, they have several options to choose from just click on one until you find an effect you like. Fills and textures has options for textures. Artistic has some nice options. There are a bazillion options for changing the look of a photo under effects you just have to keep selecting options until you find one that looks good.

Bumping this back to the top.

Would love to heard anyones suggestions on the best way to use PhotoImpact without fumbling all around the program by myself.

I need PhotoImpact for Dummies. :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter