How to contact a winner on Ebay?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Tigger2ntinkerbell, Jan 10, 2019 at 2:22 PM.

1. Tigger2ntinkerbell

Tigger2ntinkerbell DIS Veteran

I put something on Ebay, it sold. But I forgot to put my contract email on ad. Can I contact the winner and give them my email or is this a Violation of Ebay rules.
    TIA

2. mmcxiiad

mmcxiiad Mouseketeer

you should be able to contact the winner through ebay messaging. When you click on the item, inside "my eBay" you should see a link to contact buyer.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. lynxstch

lynxstch I Love Figment

The person who won the auction should have gotten an email from ebay. Either telling them to pay, or how to contact you. I believe you should also have received one telling you that your item sold and what to do next. On your 'my ebay' page, you should also be able to see a link to your sold item. To the right of that there should be options (maybe under 'more'), and you can also contact a seller/buyer that way.

5. Squirlz

Squirlz DIS Veteran

I almost bought a car yesterday. Someone retracted a bid and suddenly I was high bidder with 1 hour to go! Thankfully I was outbid...I really wasn't ready for it!

6. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

All of your communications with your buyer should be through eBay's messaging system. If there's a dispute, you want eBay to have a record of what you promised, what the buyer agreed to, etc.

firefly_ris, lynxstch and Imzadi like this.
  7. DisneyHardin

DisneyHardin DIS Veteran

If you try to put in your e-mail address through ebay messaging system, it will kick the message out because all communication has to be through their system.

8. Tigger2ntinkerbell

Tigger2ntinkerbell DIS Veteran

Thank you all. I was able to contact the winner.