How to buy Tokyo park tickets when Credit card isnt working?

Discussion in 'Tokyo Disneyland' started by a7xmouse, May 7, 2018.

1. a7xmouse

a7xmouse Earning My Ears

Hi I've seen other people have had this problem but it's strange because their website says they take visa and yet anytime I do the Visa verification it does not work. Tried multiple cards, tried calling my bank, tried using an American Express. No luck. Seems a bit ridiculous that I cant use a credit card to buy a ticket to a Disney theme park but anyways I've heard you can get them at the Disney stores in Tokyo. I am planning on buying a 1 day pass and an after 6 discounted pass. Does anyone know if they sell both of these at the Disney store? Thanks

2. aleh021

aleh021 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

From my understanding, yes you can purchase tickets at Disney Stores across Japan.

You can also try purchasing tickets through here: https://www.klook.com/activity/589-tokyo-disneyland-japan/

:)

a7xmouse likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. planningjollyholiday

planningjollyholiday DIS Veteran

we have never bought tickets ahead of time. There is really no need to. If you are staying at one of the disney hotels or good neighbour hotels then you can just get them there. most Japan disney stores as well as some convenience stores lik 7-11 will sell them too, i dont know avout the after 6 passports though.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    a7xmouse likes this.
  5. ChanduTail

ChanduTail Mouseketeer

Absolutely buy them ahead of time. You don't want to be stuck waiting in long lines in the morning while everyone else is rushing in to grab the desirable FP and get on the popular attractions with a minimal wait.

Not every Disney Store sells them. Check here: https://www.disney.co.jp/store/storeinfo_en/ticketcounter.html (Click "Kanto" for Tokyo)

If you're staying at a Disney hotel & you buy them there, you can park hop. If you buy them at the Disney Store, you can't park hop.

a7xmouse likes this.
  6. a7xmouse

a7xmouse Earning My Ears

Thanks for the replies. And thanks for the link. I will buy it at one of those Disney Stores. If they don't sell the after 6 pass I will just buy it at the park. I've seen people advise against it but I'm going to go to Disney Sea during the day and try to go to Disneyland using the after 6 park ticket on the same day. I just really don't want to spend more than a day here cause I have so much else to see. I've worked at Disneyland and been hundreds of times so I'm not really worried about missing too much at Disneyland Tokyo. I've done some research to see which rides are the same as in Florida.

7. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

You can only park hop if you get them from a Disney hotel?

8. wanderlust7

wanderlust7 DIS Veteran

The regular TDR tickets, you can't park hop the first 2 days and you have to specify which park you're going to on which day when you buy the tickets. The 3rd and 4th days you can park hop. Also, unlike the US parks, these have to be consecutive days.

Guests of the Disney hotels can buy the special tickets (a little bit more expensive than the regular tickets) that allows park hopping on all days.

Haley R likes this.
  9. Haley R

Oh okay I didn’t know that was an option. We are planning on going next may. Not sure if we will stay at Hilton Tokyo bay and buy tickets at the Disney store or stay at Disney ambassador.

10. wanderlust7

wanderlust7 DIS Veteran

You can buy tickets at Hilton Tokyo Bay as well, though last I heard it was cash only.

Haley R likes this.
  11. Haley R

Oh cool I didn’t know that.

12. Douglas Dubh

Douglas Dubh True Fiscal Conservative

Our first trip we stayed at the Sheraton, and I bought our tickets at the welcome center.

Haley R likes this.
  13. a7xmouse

a7xmouse Earning My Ears

Just a quick update I ended up buying tickets at the Disney store in Shibuya. That Disney store is probably the coolest Disney store I have ever seen btw with some awesome merch. Ended up going to Disney Sea first thing in the morning until about 3 pm, finished mostly everything (it was pretty slow) then went over to Disneyland and bought a day ticket because I didn't wanna wait for the discounted one. Tokyo Disneyland was super packed compared to Disney Sea. Overall had a great time at both parks. Ended up coming back a few days later at night for the discounted price to go back into Tokyo Disney Sea because we loved it so much. Thanks for the help.