How to book this package combination?

SarahD112

Mouseketeer
For a vacation in October, my husband, daughter and I going to Disney on a Saturday, wanting to stay at Pop for 8 nights. My 19 year old son will be joining us Wednesday of that week, until we check out on Sunday. How do I book this? We probably want dining plan. The main issue is...tickets get cheaper the more days you buy, so I don’t want to book two packages unless I can book all the tickets for three of us with the first package. A package with 8 days of tickets will be a lot less than two packages with four day tickets each. I’m sure I’m not blazing any trails here...so can someone tell me how to do it?

For a vacation in October, my husband, daughter and I going to Disney on a Saturday, wanting to stay at Pop for 8 nights. My 19 year old son will be joining us Wednesday of that week, until we check out on Sunday. How do I book this? We probably want dining plan. The main issue is...tickets get cheaper the more days you buy, so I don’t want to book two packages unless I can book all the tickets for three of us with the first package. A package with 8 days of tickets will be a lot less than two packages with four day tickets each. I’m sure I’m not blazing any trails here...so can someone tell me how to do it?

This might be better to ask in the ticket forum.

I had a similar situation last year -- DH was leaving at day 11 of 14. He didn't use 3 days a 10 day ticket. The rest of us used his dining. We booked an extra table service with his unused dining credits, and used up his counter service and snacks too -- we took stuff home.

I'm not sure that was the most cost effective plan.

I’m sure I’m not blazing any trails here...so can someone tell me how to do it?
Book the package with 8 days of tickets for everyone except your son.

Leave him off the room reservation and add him to your room when he arrives at Pop. Buy him a 4 or 5 day ticket from a ticket discounter. Either share meals or pay out of pocket for him.

Link his ticket and book his FPs along with the others. He shares the open FP window.

Link his ticket and book his FPs along with the others. He shares the open FP window.
Can you explain how the son gets to share the fastpass window of the official onsite guests? Is it simply because he's linked to them on the Friends and Family list?

Can you explain how the son gets to share the fastpass window of the official onsite guests? Is it simply because he's linked to them on the Friends and Family list?
Yes. Only 1 onsite guest is needed in the grouping to use the booking window for anyone listed or linked to that complete MDX account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!