How should I book my reservation?

Laura_Dee_

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!
Was wondering is it better to book an onsite hotel reservation directly through Universal or through Loews hotel website. I was going to book a package but don't like all the cancellation/change fees associated with it.
Thank you!!

I prefer to book on Loews' website, because you can go back and pull up your reservation there. Simply become a YouFirst member (free) first, then make your reservation while logged in. Then, you can log in anytime and check your reservation. Universal's website doesn't offer that option, that I know of.

I prefer to make mine by calling

My special requests are locked in so I don't have to handle that 6 days out from arrival

I prefer to make mine by calling

My special requests are locked in so I don't have to handle that 6 days out from arrival

I'm sure you already know this, but for the OP's benefit, Loews' website also allows you to make your special requests there, and you have a documented record of it.

Last edited:

Yes I know that but I put in for specific room numbers as one of my requests

Loews site is a good way to book!

You can list your newspaper preference and floor level on it

If you book through Loews and a cheaper rate or an AP rate comes available later will they adjust the rate for you?

I prefer to book on Loews' website, because you can go back and pull up your reservation there. Simply become a YouFirst member (free) first, then make your reservation while logged in. Then, you can log in anytime and check your reservation. Universal's website doesn't offer that option, that I know of.

If you book on Universal's site, you can use your reservation number to pull it up on the Lowes site and make changes/cancellations there.

If you book on Universal's site, you can use your reservation number to pull it up on the Lowes site and make changes/cancellations there.

True, but you have to have your reservation number with you, or have it memorized to do that. Make it through Loews' website using your YouFirst account, and you can check it any time simply by logging in on the website.

It's really what you prefer, but I just find it simply easier to remember my login for YouFirst, without having to keep up with a reservation number.

I put all trip info (flight #, hotel, etc )

In my trip app in my phone

But if you don't have a smart phone, this won't help a person

If you book directly with the hotel could you be missing out on any deals (like with food, coupons, discounts, etc) by not booking hotel only through Universal?

Packages would include food or tickets or just tickets

Cheaper to book room only thru loews website or UO website

If you book a package, you can not have a rate change if room rate changes
And any change of the original package will incur a $50 fee

Best to book room only as you can modify that rate if deals or ap discounts come out

Packages would include food or tickets or just tickets

Cheaper to book room only thru loews website or UO website

If you book a package, you can not have a rate change if room rate changes
And any change of the original package will incur a $50 fee

Best to book room only as you can modify that rate if deals or ap discounts come out

Does Universal tend to do Room Only discounts seasonally (like Disney does) - or do the rates tend to stay relatively stable. For example - I'm looking at booking at Royal Pacific (we only have one day so the express pass is worth it to us) - and the rates are currently about $100 higher for dates in October (when we are going) then they are now for dates in April. Would you anticipate the rates will drop as we get closer to October? Thanks!

October rates are higher because of Halloween Horror Nights, most likely. I doubt they'll change much and rooms sell out.
And if you planning on doing a weekend night, you'll have to do more than one night because they don't allow just one (if I'm remembering right).

October rates are higher because of Halloween Horror Nights, most likely. I doubt they'll change much and rooms sell out.
And if you planning on doing a weekend night, you'll have to do more than one night because they don't allow just one (if I'm remembering right).
Correct. Room availability is already tight for October and it's barely spring. There's VERY little chance that rates will come down between now and then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter