How often do you talk to your parents?

My Mom is sadly the only one left. I talk to her just about every day. Even when away on vacation. When Dad was alive I would talk the most to which everyone picked up the phone and briefly chat with the other ( also almost everyday). Sometimes the conversations are just a few minutes to say hi, make sure everything is ok and say I love you. Sort of repeating what they did with my Grandparents.

As far as my Dad goes--I do talk to him quite a bit. Yes, he has passed but there are times I just need to tell him things or just say hi, I miss you :)
Same here & I also sometimes have a brief chat with my Grandparents .

Mom's been gone almost 8 years. I think she would have come to embrace texting and it would have been so fun to randomly text back and forth with her about everything and nothing.

DH talks to his dad about once a week and they occasionally text back and forth. His 66 year old dad texts like a 12 year old girl, u no lolllll :laughing:

Father wasn't much for communication so every so often until he pulled a "Mr. Bojangles."

Mother every day until dementia and not realizing who I was. Thankfully that only went on for a number of months.

My mom close to us about 3 years ago. I see her every Saturday and may talk to her once or twice a week. My dad died when I was little.

Once a day would be excessive to me unless it was a quick call just to make sure she's ok.

My only child is in college and I don't hear from her every day.

I talk to my mom almost every day, sometimes not on weekends. She works in the same building as me so on work days we always have lunch together. My dad doesn't live here and I do not talk to him all that often - every few months I guess.

I talk to my mom on the phone almost everyday, sometimes text a few times as well. I’m very close to her and sometimes I worry that I’m weird compared to most of my peers, who don’t seem to talk to their parents that often. I talk to my dad on the phone every Sunday.

I used to talk with my Mom every Sunday evening, you could set your clock by it. Then she moved to be close to us, but even then she would call our house to talk out of habit. After she passed I hated to hear the phone ring, one reason we ditched our land line.

My Dad, well that was totally unpredictable.

A few times a week, I live near to them so will call round when im not working.

I talked with my Dad all the time because I was still living at home when he died in 1987. I was 19. Talked with my Mom every night, and at the end of the call she would always say, "Goodnight and I love you." I was the one who covered her in her casket in 2006. I kissed her forehead and told her, "Goodnight and I love you." And now I tell my sister the same, I talk or text her every day.

Both my parents are still alive, buy having health issues. I speak to either or both of them everyday, and see them couple times a week.

I speak with my mother on a regular (almost daily) basis via Facebook Messenger. We do not talk on the phone, as I hate talking on the phone. I usually see them once or twice a month as well, in person. My dad I only speak to through my mother on Facebook or in person. Unless I have a car problem, then he wants to actually talk lol

I talk to my mom every day. Unfortunately since she died 3.5 year ago, she can't reply.

My dad, who has been gone 16.5 years, I talk to about once a week.

Don't worry, these chats are silent, unless I am alone and then sometimes I do talk to her out loud.

Usually talk to Mom through facebook nearly every day. On the phone it was once a month but now I try to call her once a week since my Dad passed.

I used to talk to Dad once a month. He passed away in early August. I have a voice mail message from him I'm trying to figure out how to save (android phone) so I will have his voice saved someplace if I can figure it out. (My current computer doesn't have a microphone hookup so I can't do it by linking my phone to computer the way I used to).

I can't help you transfer your dad's voicemail, but my DD has a couple of voicemails left from my mom. My DS took a phrase out of one of them, "Hey sweetie" and had it converted into a voice print and then etched it into wood for all of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter