How often do points change

jockotaco

Mouseketeer
I know that typically the total number of points at a resort can't change but individual days can. I noticed that a 2012 stay at the grand cal that I booked for the end of November and cost me 212 points has moved seasons (up 2) and will cost 280 in 2013. Is this typical from year to year? We based our initial purchase on the 2012 chart and are wondering what we should do. Should we wait a year or two and see if it changes? Buy more points etc....

Not sure what you are looking at but points in Nov change every year according to when Thanksgiving falls because it is the days around Thanskgiving that are always the highest point cost of the month. The same applies to Easter holiday time which changes dates every year. Next year Thanskgiving will be late, Nov 28 (the latest it can possibly be since it is always the fourth Thursday in November), and this year it was actually the earliest it could possibly be, Nov 22.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter