How often are sheets changed? Opinions?

Babsy

DIS Veteran
I just read a report on AKL where the sheets were not changed during their 10 day visit. I was wondering...how often are sheets changed during a resort stay as a rule?

It used to be standard to have sheets changed daily, but of course with environmental concerns that doesn't happen anymore. Still, I would expect a sheet change more often than after 10 days! We use suntan lotion and insect repellant daily and shower in the mornings, so those sheets get dirty! LOL!

Is this something that is now by request only, I wonder?

Any thoughts on how often sheets should be changed?

I would be ok with them not changing it at all during my stay. Shower at night to get the junk off, shower in the morning to refresh. I only change my sheets at home every 10 or so days, too. Just make my bed and clean my bathroom (I have all boys...so housekeeping is QUITE the vacation for me!), and I am all good!

We shower off at night, too. I just can't go to bed dirty. I would expect housekeeping to change sheets once a week unless requested otherwise.

I think the standard is every 4 days. Personally, I don't change my sheets daily nor my towels so I never understand why people get all bent out of shape over this. In fact we generally refuse housekeeping. I don't like having a stranger in my room with my things. I call for extra towels and supplies which they leave at the door if we aren't in and then I keep things tidy myself.

I can't remember what our mousekeeping experience was like at AOA in terms of changing sheets but I definately remember walking into CBR and noting that we had clean sheets on the bed 1 day of our weeklong stay. I loved not having to make my bed and the little toiletries we were left!

I think the standard is every 4 days. Personally, I don't change my sheets daily nor my towels so I never understand why people get all bent out of shape over this. In fact we generally refuse housekeeping. I don't like having a stranger in my room with my things. I call for extra towels and supplies which they leave at the door if we aren't in and then I keep things tidy myself.

People are getting "bent out of shape" because they are paying for the service. I don't go on vacation to clean hotel rooms or monitor whether or not the towels have been changed. We pay these prices because we expect more than just a roof over our heads and a working bathroom.

I just read a report on AKL where the sheets were not changed during their 10 day visit. I was wondering...how often are sheets changed during a resort stay as a rule?

I don't think there is a rule. Some people don't want them changed during their entire visit, some people want it every day, some people just every once in a while. I believe you can just call Housekeeping and ask for the room to be cleaned when you want it or leave the Mousekeeping note on the door that you want it cleaned that day. One thing to remember - if you leave your Doo Not Disturb sign on the door all day, Mousekeeping will not enter your room.

Just returned from a week at YC club level. Our sheets weren't changed at all on a 7 night stay. However, on the 4 th day, we returned to the room at about 3 pm & it hadn't been cleaned yet. I put out the privacy please sign & just straightened the bed myself. There were 6 bath towels in the room for 2 of us & we didn't have much garbage so we were fine. I don't know if they would have changed the sheets that day or not. But I could tell just by the wrinkles that they weren't changes any other day.

What do you do about garbage in the room if you don't get housekeeping? I don't mind straightening the bed but I never know what to do about garbage.

We did a longer stay (for us) 10 days at BWV in April, cash reservation - not dvc so we had daily housekeeping. Six days into the stay my older dd had to leave for work and we did some switching as to where everyone slept. I left a note on the Master Bed and the Queen in the other bedroom with a request for all the sheets to be changed and they were. On shorter stays I wouldn't expect to have bed sheets changed. We occasionally forgo housekeeping if we are out early and return mid afternoon and it hasn't been done - when this happens we do call for fresh towels and for the trash to be emptied.

Last edited:
What do you do about garbage in the room if you don't get housekeeping? I don't mind straightening the bed but I never know what to do about garbage.
There generally isn't much unless we have brought food back to the room with us. The garbage can be left outside the door in the morning and housekeeping will take it. Usually we just drop it in the bin beside the elevator though because I would prefer not see garbage bags in the corridor.

I think the answer to that depends on if you are staying in a DVC Villa or a regular hotel room.
DVC doesn't get housekeeping every day. I believe that the regular hotel room sheets get changed every 3 or 4 days, and I'm fairly certain that they will do it upon request even if it's not a scheduled day for them to do it.

We were at poly, villa but cash reservation. Sheets were not changed at all. Trash was taken out every day and toiletries replaced every day.

On our recent trips (staying 6 nights at POFQ ) the sheets were changed on day4. The 4 day rule has been our experience at other hotels not just WDW.

You want your sheets changed every day? Take them off the bed and put them in the bathtub. I had to do that one time at Disney because I kept requesting a clean sheet due to a nasty stain on it the day we checked in. After 2 days, they STILL hadn't changed it. I put them in the wet bathtub after a morning shower. Clean sheets upon our return.

People are getting "bent out of shape" because they are paying for the service. I don't go on vacation to clean hotel rooms or monitor whether or not the towels have been changed. We pay these prices because we expect more than just a roof over our heads and a working bathroom.

I agree. I would not mind if the sheets were changed every few days, but towels? I want them changed daily.

Don't want to get all green an you guys. But imagine the environmental costs if every hotel bed had fresh sheets daily!? Even if we could "pay" for it doesnt mean it should. Same with towels. Nothing wrong with hanging a towel up and using it 2x.

And IMO if one can go to bed all sweaty and sun tan lotion sticky, Sheets that aren't dryer fresh aren't the issue.

Don't want to get all green an you guys. But imagine the environmental costs if every hotel bed had fresh sheets daily!? Even if we could "pay" for it doesnt mean it should. Same with towels. Nothing wrong with hanging a towel up and using it 2x.

And IMO if one can go to bed all sweaty and sun tan lotion sticky, Sheets that aren't dryer fresh aren't the issue.
We all have our ways of making concessions to protect the environment. Some of us never use a plastic bag, others refuse to use a dryer. If you really want to make an impact reduce the amount of beef and products that contain beef. The environmental footprint for one head of cattle is huge.

Many if us make the environment a priority in our daily lives and splurge on vacation. That may mean you eat steak every day, use fresh towels, or enjoy fresh sheets. I think that it is premature to lecture someone on the environmental impact of fresh linens, yet know nothing of the measures these people take when they are at home.

I live in a lake community and until recently never even owned a dryer. We are very careful about water useage, fertilizers and chemicals used, as well as cleaning products. Vinegar and baking soda are my most frequently used cleaning agents, over most commercial brands sold. My husband saves his baggie that his sandwich and cookies are in and uses it until the thing falls apart, my DGD uses reuseable bags and has asked my daughter not to buy any more plastics. We buy cups that we can use at all the coffee shops instead of paper and would rather choke than buy styrofoam. DGD is an environmental agricultural student, and planning on going to college for marine environmental conservation, taking after her grandfather in that she is a waste nothing, use what you take and reuse what you can person.

I do all of these things every day of my life. On vacation my splurge is sheets and towels, and no cooking. I am very contentious at home so that once in a while I can be selfish elsewhere.

I thought Disney had signs up about sheets and towels. That sheets get changed every 4th day unless you request the be changed daily. And if you hang your towel back up the will not give you new ones. Pretty sure they have cards in the room about this.

My stay at CSR last year I kept trying to reuse my towels, and would hang them up. Housekeeping would take them anyway.

Oh, and add me to the showering at night group. If you have any kind of allergies like I do they recommend you shower at night. So that you don't take any allergens into bed with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter