• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

how much WDW fun can you have in 4 days? may '07 - w/ pics & video! FINISHED!!!

after that we headed for the hub to get a spot for wishes. now i wanted to be close enough to tink’s wire to get a decent shot of her, but i also wanted to be able to see the show as it was meant to be seen, from main street. so we found a trash can that was at the first corner closest to the hub on the walkway that leads to tomorrowland and claimed that as our spot. lynda (disneyfreak92) had told me to bring a tripod and find a trash can to sit my tripod on and that way i could get more steady shots of the fireworks. after we claimed our spot, i remembered that we still had one more snack credit to use, so DH stayed there while i went in search of a coke. i went to tomorrowland. did you know that all the tomorrowland kiosks that sell bottled cokes shut down before 8:15??? :headache: so i trudged back over to DH and told him i was still looking for a coke. i finally found one at a kiosk near main street with a ginormous line, but i waited and alas used up our final snack credit!

i made my way back over to our trash can and started setting up my tripod. now keep in mind that this tripod is tiny…like maybe a foot tall. but i kept getting the weirdest looks from people. whatever! my fireworks pictures are gonna turn out better than yours…..na nana boo boo! :tongue: THEN about 15 minutes later (like around 8:45…..the show was starting in 15 minutes!) these three women were standing within earshot of us and i heard one of them say, “well, she’s claimed that entire trash can, so we can’t stand there.” huh? did you want to stand ON TOP OF the trash can??? or do you want me to lay it on its side so you can use it as a bench or what?????? :confused3 i just don’t get the negativity, people!!! we had been there since like 8:10. if you want a good spot, GET THERE EARLIER!!! it’s real simple. and i literally had the top of the trash can and about a 2-foot area of the fence i was leaning on claimed. there were people all around me……i don’t know what she was talking about. anywayz…….on with the magic…..

here’s a few shots of the castle color-changing thing they do before wishes……so pretty!

209.jpg

210.jpg

211.jpg

212.jpg

there was a family from england sitting near us that ray started talking to while i was searching for my coke. they were very nice….on holiday in florida for six weeks……must be nice!!! their kids were so cute! jo – you’ll get a kick out of this. they had hot dogs and fries from casey’s and the little girl said to the little boy in her cute little english accent, “you best give me some of your chips!” me and ray just thought they were adorable with their cute little accents! anyway, the youngest kid ended up being a screamer during the fireworks….he was not happy! but it didn’t bother me. i mean, what can you do? if one kid out of three screams, you can’t necessarily deprive the others of the show, ya know? anyway, you’ll hear him screaming in the video!

okay…..so about wishes …..i was so excited about getting a decent picture of tink. DH had missed her when we saw wishes from narcoosee’s because the camcorder was acting funny and i made the comment to him, “um…..please be sure the camcorder is working so you can get tink. i mean, if you miss her, then it’s no big deal. i’ll probably cry and this trip will have been for nothing, but i’ll live.” no pressure, right??????? :rolleyes1

well, the show starts and jiminy cricket comes on and does his little speech and i am there, ready, posed and waiting with my camera on its tripod and aimed at the wire and DH faithfully beside me with the camcorder on and actually working……and then……….it all starts with a wish…..and we wait…..and wait…..AND WE WAIT…….AND NO TINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad: what??? huh??? say it ain’t so! say she missed her cue and is just a little late! nope. absolutey no tink. :charac2:

needless to say, i was very disappointed. i of course enjoyed the rest of the show, but honestly my heart sank as i didn’t get to see tink fly, which is the one thing i was looking most forward to.

here are some videos of my favorite parts of wishes. please excuse the skipping. it gets really bad at the beginning of the third one, but it passes - i promise. at the part when tink’s supposed to fly, you can hear me say, “she didn’t fly. that’s when she’s supposed to fly and she didn’t fly!” ray does an okay job of filming it. but i will say that next time i’m gonna be in charge of the camera! there’s one part during the fantasia music with the red fireworks where he can’t keep up with them….it’s pretty funny. oh, and i love the part where the evil queen from snow white is talking and they shoot off a firework that looks like a frowny face……so cool! :thumbsup2

here are some pics i got of wishes. they’re not the best i’ve seen (lynda's are....:worship: ) but i don’t think it’s too shabby considering it was the first time i’d photographed fireworks. thanks lynda for your advice!!!!! i wish i had a slower shudder speed, but my cheapo camera doesn’t have that option.

219.jpg

226.jpg

243.jpg

249.jpg

256.jpg

260.jpg

261.jpg

next installment: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=19856946&postcount=642

as wishes came to an end, we realized it was pretty much over and we slowly made our way through the crowd towards the busses…..

265.jpg

bye, cinderella castle……:(

262.jpg

i was fine while we were fighting the crowds, but as we approached the exit where you go underneath the train station, i started to get a little teary-eyed. i still get choked up thinking about it! :sad1: i’m such a sap! anyway, it really started to hit home that i was leaving the magic kingdom and who knows when i’d be back. such sadness……:sad2:

then, as we were going through the turnstyle area, the bottom fell out. the skies opened up and it started pouring. ray and i just walked along. we didn’t run…..just let ourselves get soaked because it kind of fit the moment for both of us.

once we got to the pop bus stop, there was a pretty good line. i think we got on like the third bus that came. everyone on the bus was soaked and let me just tell you….the smell was not pleasant! :faint: uck!!! we actually got a seat near the front of the bus and this family ended up standing in front of us. well, the little girl (who looked to be about 6) was so sleepy that she was falling asleep while standing up! so ray gave up his seat to her and she didn’t want to sit next to me since i was a stranger. i offered my seat to her mother, but she didn’t want to take it for some reason. i convinced the little girl that i wouldn’t hurt her and that her daddy was right next to her and she finally sat down….although she was on the edge of her seat and as far away from me as possible. it was pretty cute. although i do have to wonder……do i look like a child abductor or something????

ray and i talked about it on the bus and i think the reason tink didn’t fly is because of the weather. obviously there was a storm coming in because it rained soon after wishes was over, so maybe there was too much wind or something? i understand there are safety precautions that have to be taken, but of course i was still very disappointed.

we got back to pop and i decided to pack a little before we went to bed. we were sleeping in tomorrow with no wake up call……wooooo hoo! :woohoo: we were going to kennedy space center that day and knew it only took an hour, so as long as we were up and outta there by 11:00 (check out time), we knew we would be okay on time.

as i was going through our stuff and packing, i realized that i couldn’t find the bag from narcoosee’s that had our personalized menus and the fondant “happy anniversary” thing i saved. i looked everywhere……no bag. i think it was the combination of the vacation coming to an end and realizing that someone had taken our bag with those very special things in them because i just got really mad.....FUMING :furious: ....and when i’m mad i cry. anyway, i’m sure mousekeeping accidentally threw it away. i don’t think anyone would steal it. why would they want a narcoosee’s menu and a fondant banner??? after i calmed down a bit, i made a call to the front desk and just told them that i’m sure it wasn’t intentional and that i didn’t want anyone fired over it or anything, but that they needed to make sure that mousekeeping knew to not throw ANYTHING away unless it’s OBVIOUS trash, such as empty coke cans or stuff in the actual trash can. the CM asked me where the bag was sitting. i told her it was a brown paper bag sitting in the floor next to the table with all our other disney bags that we had accumulated that week with all our souvenirs in them. she apologized and that was that. i mean, i didn’t expect anything else to be done, but it was the most frustrating part of our trip. i’m glad i took pictures of that stuff!

the next morning we woke up around 10:00 (SOOOOOOO nice to sleep in!) and were packed and ready to go in no time. ray went and got the car while i went down to the front desk to drop off the coffee maker for the next swapper. we had done the automatic checkout thing, so i didn’t have to worry about any of that. when i got down front the check–in/out line was soooooooo long. i asked a CM if it was okay if i got in the concierge line instead. she said that was fine and that was taken care of within 5 minutes. :thumbsup2

well, that’s all, folks! oh…..that’s porky pig. not very disney-esque, huh? okay….i shall redeem myself: now it’s time to say goodbye……to all our company….. :earboy2:

that wasn’t the end of our vacation, but does the other stuff really even matter? i’ll give you the short and sweet version. we left disney, drove for an hour through a swarm of love bugs to kennedy space center, ate really gross pizza for lunch and astronaut ice cream, saw a bunch of space stuff while fighting numerous loud and obnoxious school groups and, to top it off, i got yelled at by the bus driver at kennedy space center for not letting him off the bus first. SO NOT DISNEY!!!!!! :mad: and DH agreed. he didn’t enjoy it as much as he’d thought he would. it may have been a mistake going there *after* disney…….i mean, how can you ever compare? anyway, after our rather unpleasant day at KSC, we ate at dixie crossroads and stuffed ourselves so full of crab legs……they were very yummy! we spent the night at a very cool bed and breakfast in titusville and then made our way home the next day to rescue our puppies from ray's mom. i missed them so much and, although i was sad for our disney trip to be over, i was very happy to see them! :love:

i’ll be back later with some final thoughts and a surprise (well, a surprise for some of you anyway!) hope you guys enjoyed the TR!!!!! and THANK YOU for reading!!!! :flower3:

final installment: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=19883475&postcount=660

A surprise... that is not a fair cliffhanger! Glad to see your trip ended great... sorry no Tink though. The dumbo cards are I think to keep groups honest- so that people don't split and take an extra dumbo once they are in the holding "cells"

:sad: AAww, I am so sad you TR is over, your TR was the first one I got hooked on and I absolutely loved it!! You did a fantastic job and I loved all your pics, even with your cheapo camera as you refer to it.

I am truly sad it is over. But I can't wait to hear about the surprise.

Promise you will write another one after your Sept. trip.

BTW, at one point you mention Peep or something, how do you get there??

Loved your TR, great job! I really enjoyed you're pictures as well! Makes me so excited for my upcoming trip.

best wishes~ Deannaprincess:

I am so sad your trippie is over....you did a great job! :thumbsup2 I love the fact that you got pixied by Tinkerbell! Looking forward to hearing about the surprise! :goodvibes

Your TR was excellent. Loved it. I'm so sad it's finished.

The pixie dust is so cute! It's great that you can see it in the picture. And even better that you saved it.

I also have SO MUCH stuff saved for scrapbooks that will most likely never get made.

Thanks for sharing!

I'm sorry your TR is over...maybe we need to write a joint on for September?? :rotfl: I am sorry you didn't get anything more then the cheesy sprinkling of dust in your hair..it's more then we got!!

I'm sad your report is over, but it was lots of fun. I have a 2 year old with me today (it's her birthday!) so we sat and watched your wishes videos.

Loved the final installments! But I'm sad that it's over. :sad1:

I'm so sorry Tink didn't fly!? Wonder why she didn't fly? I don't know why. I wanna cry.

OK, I'll stop.

We parked ourselves in the rose garden directly under the wire for Tink's flight and it was very quick but very cool. I'm sure she'll fly in Sept.

Hey did you buy that castle? Only $3750! :scared: :laughing:

And big bummer on getting your menus thrown away! :sad2:

We'll be waiting for the final thoughts...... popcorn::

So sad to see it end, this was truly a great TR. Thanks for the WISHES video, since I've never seen it , makes me want to see it even more. Sorry you didn't get to see Tink fly, but she still pixied you anyway, so that was very cool. I'm also sorry for your stuff being thrown away, I would have cried too. Can't believe you get to return so soon, VERY COOL! Can't wait to hear all about those trips. Thanks for an awesome report!!!!!
Lesley

Looking forward to reading it when you r finished. I was there friday and asked about getting Tink in the picture and the guy told they do not do it anymore. Oh well.

oh, how disappointing! my friend went in june and asked and they told her they didn't do it any more, but then later another photographer told her little girl to hold her hands out and tink was there when the looked at the picture online. who knows!?!

A surprise... that is not a fair cliffhanger! Glad to see your trip ended great... sorry no Tink though. The dumbo cards are I think to keep groups honest- so that people don't split and take an extra dumbo once they are in the holding "cells"

thanks for explaining that. we were puzzled!

:sad: AAww, I am so sad you TR is over, your TR was the first one I got hooked on and I absolutely loved it!! You did a fantastic job and I loved all your pics, even with your cheapo camera as you refer to it.

I am truly sad it is over. But I can't wait to hear about the surprise.

Promise you will write another one after your Sept. trip.

BTW, at one point you mention Peep or something, how do you get there??

thanks! i'm glad i got you hooked on TRs!!! :laughing: the peeps thread is a weight loss thread i'm on. be forewarned.....we're very chatty!!! here's the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1273475

Loved your TR, great job! I really enjoyed you're pictures as well! Makes me so excited for my upcoming trip.

best wishes~ Deannaprincess:

thank you!!! have a blast on your trip! :goodvibes

I am so sad your trippie is over....you did a great job! :thumbsup2 I love the fact that you got pixied by Tinkerbell! Looking forward to hearing about the surprise! :goodvibes

thank you! about the pixie thing....me, too! kinda corny, but i loved it!

Your TR was excellent. Loved it. I'm so sad it's finished.

The pixie dust is so cute! It's great that you can see it in the picture. And even better that you saved it.

I also have SO MUCH stuff saved for scrapbooks that will most likely never get made.

Thanks for sharing!

thanks! i have a box full of stuff i saved from the trip. who knows if i'll ever get around to it! probably not for awhile!

I'm sorry your TR is over...maybe we need to write a joint on for September?? :rotfl: I am sorry you didn't get anything more then the cheesy sprinkling of dust in your hair..it's more then we got!!

i'll PM you about the joint TR thing. ;)

I'm sad your report is over, but it was lots of fun. I have a 2 year old with me today (it's her birthday!) so we sat and watched your wishes videos.

i'm glad i could help entertain your little friend! tell her i said happy birthday!!!

Loved the final installments! But I'm sad that it's over. :sad1:

I'm so sorry Tink didn't fly!? Wonder why she didn't fly? I don't know why. I wanna cry.

OK, I'll stop.

We parked ourselves in the rose garden directly under the wire for Tink's flight and it was very quick but very cool. I'm sure she'll fly in Sept.

Hey did you buy that castle? Only $3750! :scared: :laughing:

And big bummer on getting your menus thrown away! :sad2:

We'll be waiting for the final thoughts...... popcorn::

the only thing we can figure as to why tink didn't fly is that the wind was blowing too hard. um......add another zero to that price....$37,500!!!! so needless to say, we did NOT buy it. i just don't see financing a jeweled castle, but hey, that's just my opinion! :laughing:

So sad to see it end, this was truly a great TR. Thanks for the WISHES video, since I've never seen it , makes me want to see it even more. Sorry you didn't get to see Tink fly, but she still pixied you anyway, so that was very cool. I'm also sorry for your stuff being thrown away, I would have cried too. Can't believe you get to return so soon, VERY COOL! Can't wait to hear all about those trips. Thanks for an awesome report!!!!!
Lesley

thank you!!!! i'll take that compliment from you with a smile because i LOVE your TR, too! you must make it a goal next year to see wishes! i'm very fortunate to get to go back in september.....even if it's only for two-and-a-half days. it will all be explained later......;)

for some reason I feel the need to cry also..Tink is my favorite and I would also have been very disappointed in not getting to see her...now what about that surprise???..You can't leave us hanging to long...popcorn::

I also cry when I'm mad which makes me even madder...every time I actually confront someone when I'm angry I just cry:mad:

it always takes me a couple days to get out of the post disney vacation depression(PDVD) I'm making up my own disorder here... well we hope to hear the rest soon!!!

Great TR- I am glad I got to finish reading it before I leave! BUT I am bummed that the "surprise" isn't up yet! ;)

Wow! What a wonderful TR and very sad to see it end...... Your TR was the first TR I read and now I'm reading everyone TR.......Your's was the first so it will always be special..... excellent job..... I love the TR to get tips and ideas for upcoming trips....just when I think I've seen it all and done it all at disney I find the TR and realize there is so much more.....

I hope you do a trip report for your September visit....I'll be looking for it....

Hey! I got the Sporting News Football issue this week...They have Vandy with 4 wins and 8 losses...... Just beat Georgia..... They have Virginia being pretty bad this year..... so this year it will be all about the tailgate :woohoo:

anyway.....when I leave Disney I'm sad and bumming for about a week...now at the end of this wonderful trip report I'm sad and bumming.... man, I have got to get a life.......... again great job and I hope to see ya around the DIS boards:thumbsup2

Punkin-

It was a great report and an even greater ending. I love how you just took int he rain... Isn't leaving the worst! It is a crumby feeling...blakkk!

I am bummed that the space center was a dud... They need a little pixie over there. You should have saved some from your head and left it there... ;)

I can't wait to hear the cliffhanger....what could it be?

Hi there!
Well, after reading on and off for over a week, I've finally caught up on your TR...just as you've finished it, of course! It was so great reading a TR on a shorter WDW trip. We're going in Dec. for only 5 days, and we're taking our DD (she'll be 3 then). So, it's good to know that you got all of that done...even though it was just the two of you...in just a few days!
Anyway...thanks for sharing all of your fun! Can't wait to hear about the surprise!

for some reason I feel the need to cry also..Tink is my favorite and I would also have been very disappointed in not getting to see her...now what about that surprise???..You can't leave us hanging to long...popcorn::

I also cry when I'm mad which makes me even madder...every time I actually confront someone when I'm angry I just cry:mad:

it always takes me a couple days to get out of the post disney vacation depression(PDVD) I'm making up my own disorder here... well we hope to hear the rest soon!!!

thanks for crying with me! :laughing: and i agree......there's definitely a real disorder called PDVD!

Great TR- I am glad I got to finish reading it before I leave! BUT I am bummed that the "surprise" isn't up yet! ;)

you're already gone, but i hope you're already having lots of disney fun!!! and don't worry.....you won't miss the surprise.

Wow! What a wonderful TR and very sad to see it end...... Your TR was the first TR I read and now I'm reading everyone TR.......Your's was the first so it will always be special..... excellent job..... I love the TR to get tips and ideas for upcoming trips....just when I think I've seen it all and done it all at disney I find the TR and realize there is so much more.....

I hope you do a trip report for your September visit....I'll be looking for it....

Hey! I got the Sporting News Football issue this week...They have Vandy with 4 wins and 8 losses...... Just beat Georgia..... They have Virginia being pretty bad this year..... so this year it will be all about the tailgate :woohoo:

anyway.....when I leave Disney I'm sad and bumming for about a week...now at the end of this wonderful trip report I'm sad and bumming.... man, I have got to get a life.......... again great job and I hope to see ya around the DIS boards:thumbsup2

i know.....TRs are soooooo addictive! glad i could contribute to your vice! thanks for the update on the vandy/georgia prediction. i'll keep my fingers crossed! have fun tailgating! i can't believe it's time to lose my husband...ahem.....i mean football season again! :laughing:

Punkin-

It was a great report and an even greater ending. I love how you just took int he rain... Isn't leaving the worst! It is a crumby feeling...blakkk!

I am bummed that the space center was a dud... They need a little pixie over there. You should have saved some from your head and left it there... ;)

I can't wait to hear the cliffhanger....what could it be?

yes, leaving is awful! sometimes i wish i could fast forward to the next trip, but i guess planning the trip is half the fun! and the space center was HORRID! it was really bad. we didn't even do everything they had to offer - we just wanted to get the heck outta there after a few hours!

Hi there!
Well, after reading on and off for over a week, I've finally caught up on your TR...just as you've finished it, of course! It was so great reading a TR on a shorter WDW trip. We're going in Dec. for only 5 days, and we're taking our DD (she'll be 3 then). So, it's good to know that you got all of that done...even though it was just the two of you...in just a few days!
Anyway...thanks for sharing all of your fun! Can't wait to hear about the surprise!

thanks for reading!!! i hope you're going in early december because i've heard that's when the crowds aren't too bad. if so, you'll be fine with 5 days. just take your time and enjoy yourself! let me know if you do a TR!

okay.....so this is it! this little adventure has come to an end. thank you all for following along!

first of all, i wanted to share the tips that stick out in my mind the most.

1. take lots of pictures. take more pictures than you think you will ever need.

2. use photopass! every time you see a photopass photographer and have a second, stop and get your picture made. trust me. you'll be glad you did if you end up getting the entire CD like me. you'll have more to choose from.

3. if there's some sort of special occasion and you have a button to wear, wear it!

4. the top three things i carried in my backpack were (besides the necessaries like money, park tickets, etc.): ziploc bags in which to carry wet ponchos and cameras/autograph books on wet rides; ponchos - just put em on and keep going; ibuprofen for my aching back!

5. have fun! SERIOUSLY. i know most of the people on the DIS are extreme planners. and that's fine. it's okay (if not completely necessary) to have a plan. but there's no reason to be a nazi vacationer and not be able to deviate from the plan when necessary. sometimes things don't go the way you think they will. be flexible! this is your vacation - you (and whoever you're with, for that matter) are supposed to having fun.....not stressing about doing things in a certain order or getting a certain amount of stuff done before noon! ENJOY YOURSELF!!!!! ::yes::

i just wanted to express some thoughts on the whole disney experience that we had. this may sound cheesy and you may not believe it, but it's true. DISNEY CHANGED OUR LIVES. it really did. do you know how warm and fuzzy i felt inside as i sat and watched my husband play our video of wishes over and over again and look at me after jiminy cricket says, "let your conscious be your guide" and say, "that's my new motto in life"? :love: i seriously fell in love all over again! i had no doubt how much i would love it and would want to go back soon, but i was so surprised when ray reacted the same way about it. i asked him recently what made him come around and he said while he was there he realized what a big part of disney was in his childhood and it made him want to have that in his life again. so as corny as it may sound, i seriously see him a bit differently now than i did before this trip and in a very good way. it's so funny......you know someone for 13 years and then you bring them to disney.....presto......you know them in a different way!

i think the reason i hold disney so dear to my heart (other than the childhood memories thing) and the reason i love it so much is because of what i do for a living. almost every day i am required to see the worst sides of people. i see the nasty divorces and custody battles. i see the arguments over petty things. i see the termination of parental rights hearings. i see people dependent on all sorts of drugs whose lives have been destroyed. i see people who have hurt other people physically and have no remorse about doing so. because of all these things i see with my job, i think disney provides such an escape for me. i know this is true with most DISers....i just find it to really strike a cord with me. while you're at disney you are in a different world free form the heartache and tragedy of the real world. you can be a kid again.....literally....by wearing your mickey ears and spinning in the teacups until you can't stand up. it's SUCH an escape for me from reality....the best! :cloud9: and now that it's in my blood, i don't think i can do without it! it really has become a part of our lives and i'm very thankful for the ability to be able to save money and continue to enjoy it for many, many years to come. :earboy2:

so.....on to the surprise. okay....let me warn you. this is not some huge surprise or cliffhanger or anything. i feel like i'm disappointing you guys. in fact, most of you already know what it is since i have a ticker for it!

obviously, we're going back to the world in april. this time we're staying at SSR (thanks, eventer!) and we're staying for 5 days instead of 4. but that's not the surprise.

the surprise is that i'm going back in less than 2 months!!!!! :yay: like i said, not a surprise since most of you already know about it anyway. and i guess the other surprise is i WILL be doing a TR.....granted a very short TR, but a TR nonetheless! we're only staying for two-and-a-half days, so it's a mini trip. it's going to be me and my friend erin and we're going for her 30th birthday. technically, her 30th birthday isn't until november, but we're celebrating early! :laughing: i'll save the details of how the trip came to be for the pre-TR. let's just say it was something i kinda threw together on a whim......a whim three months ahead of time! but i guess that's what extreme vacation planners do, huh? :rotfl:

sorry to disappoint about the big "surprise"! i probably shouldn't have played it up so much.

thank you all so much for reading and if ANY of you are doing a TR and i haven't subbed yet, LET ME KNOW!!!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter