How much to tip for room service?

mddisneyfamily

Mouseketeer
Do you usually just give the person who delivers your room service food a certain dollar amount as a tip? -Or do you estimate the cost of the food and give a percentage, as if you were served in a restaurant? I never know how much is appropriate to give. Thanks!

OK....put in perspective, the suggested tip for your server (who works 3 mieal a day and runs his/her tail off for you) is $4 per guest per day.

I tip $1-2 for the guy who carries a tray to my room if it has a few items. If it is a full meal or two, up to $5.

I agree with the rates posted by kcashner. I've already encouraged my kids to save up some of their money so they can tip for room service treats. Depending on how much we order, the tip can range anywhere from $1-$5.

This is a bit more of a controversial subject, but we also bring hard to get sweets and goodies with us when we cruise and hand them out whenever we get exceptional service. Some people don't agree with that, but we love doing it and never give treats instead of tips -- just a little bonus on the top.

We typically give $2 per order as a minimum and increase for a full meal or breakfast.

OK....put in perspective, the suggested tip for your server (who works 3 mieal a day and runs his/her tail off for you) is $4 per guest per day.

I tip $1-2 for the guy who carries a tray to my room if it has a few items. If it is a full meal or two, up to $5.

Oh, good point- hadn't thought of it that way. Last trip my brain hurt as I was trying to estimate the cost times 18% :)

We book $1.00 per plate/meal. So for three of us, we usually tip $3-$4.

No need to deal with percentages (of what???) This is not like a server in a restaurant who refilled your drinks and fussed over you. This is a person who spent 5 minutes bringing a tray to your cabin.

The only thing I've ordered from room service is a plate of 2 Mickey bars. I tipped $1 each time.

I am just curious! Other than if you order soda or a snack package that costs money, how would you even go about calculating a percentage of what you ordered? There aren't prices on any of it! :)

I am just curious! Other than if you order soda or a snack package that costs money, how would you even go about calculating a percentage of what you ordered? There aren't prices on any of it! :)

What I was trying to say was I would estimate the cost of the meal, like if I ordered, say, two wing plates, cheese and a cookie I might think- this might cost $40 at a Disney restaurant, then tip 15-20%, so $6-$8 dollars. Giving a dollar or so per plate as was suggested above is much easier, and I still think fair.

I know there is auto gratuity on beverages bought via room service, but if you purchased a snack package, is there also auto gratuity or is that strictly limited to beverages?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter