How much...teenagers?

disneygirl7825

Earning My Ears
My DD16 is planning on buying all of her own "toys" at Disney this trip :-)cool1:). She has been working little jobs (i.e. babysitting, umpiring, etc.).

She loves pins, she ALWAYS gets at least one tattoo if not two from the morrocco pavilion, and usually leaves with at least one good necklace.

How much should she bring?

What are your ideas?

Based on the things you mentioned she likes to buy, probably $100-$150 would be more than enough. If she got 5 pins it would be ~$50 depending on the price of the ones she was purchasing, ~$30 for 2 tattoos in Morocco, probably another $20 or so for a necklace unless she is buying the fancy ones :)

I'd budget a little more for the henna tattoos. I think the cheapest was around $20 when we looked in May. The two 20 year olds with me decided to pass since they had real tattoos but they considered it.

Pins, when you include tax, I would estimate between $7 and $15 each. More on the low end unless she is buying the real fancy ones! If you have an AP, these are eligible for the shopping discount.

Necklaces are a big variable! My daughter bought a cute one for around $20 last trip so I have to agree with the PP on that estimate.

on our trips both of my boys pay for all of thier own souvies w/ money they earned throughout the year and each trip they usually take between $75-100 - they however are much younger (11 and 8). Both of avid pin collectors and most of that $ they spend on pins.

we took our teenage nieces in April for a week and they both brought about $100 plus they were given about another $50 total and while they easily could have spent more, they had plenty for what they really wanted.

I agree w/ the henna tattoo estimate..I'd go a little higher just to be safe. and $7-15 is a good estimate for pins... some can be pretty pricey but few good ones are less than $7.00.

My DD, now 20 would take about $100 for Disney as a younger teen, for the standard bobbles and trinkets. The amount gradually increased as she grew older and got better paying jobs and more expensive tastes. Now that she considers herself an adult and her long time BF travels with us, she wants more money and freedom to do her own thing (mainly her fav restaurants which are not to our liking).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter