How Much Should I Tip for a $300 Couples Massage?

dskib

DIS Veteran
We're going to do a couples massage on Castaway Cay that runs $294. I'm not sure what to tip on that. It's just a standard Swedish massage - I'm assuming it's more $$ that the ship massage thanks to the atmosphere.

I just don't know what's expected for a tip. I'd hate to under tip, but I'd never had a massage before, so I don't know what's the norm.

Thanks!

dskib said:
We're going to do a couples massage on Castaway Cay that runs $294. I'm not sure what to tip on that. It's just a standard Swedish massage - I'm assuming it's more $$ that the ship massage thanks to the atmosphere.

I just don't know what's expected for a tip. I'd hate to under tip, but I'd never had a massage before, so I don't know what's the norm.

Thanks!

I think 18-20% is customary. They might even automatically add an 18% tip.

I would say $0 - $50, depending on the experience.
I have heard on CC they do perform wonderfully so .....

If you are not happy/pleased with the experience $5
If you are pleased, but not thrilled, $20.
If you are completely satisfied, $ 40.
If you are blown away and thrilled, $ 60.

Having said that, speak up, and let them know what you want.
Hard, soft, dry, wet, etc. Don't be shy.

Good Luck and enjoy. :)

I would say between $50-$60 is fine. I have had massages on Castaway Cay and the ship and have always been very happy. They will ask if the pressure is ok, but if there is something you are not comfortable with tell them. You are supposed to be relaxed after, not more stressed.

Also, since you said you have never had a massage, they will try to sell you the products that they use and they are great but can be pricey, so now to avoid the whole sales pitch I write NO SALES on the top of my registration form. I have a hard time saying no and I really don't want to spend the extra money.

Enjoy it:)

When you tip do you add it on to your on board account? Q

Yes.

This kind of excursion will get added to your onboard account, so my technique is to say, if you want a tip, bring a slip.

Odds are there will be a slip to confirm you showed/services rendered, so ... a tip could be added.
It will give you the opportunity to add a tip to the slip, and therefore be charged to the onboard account.
If not, ask for one. If they want a tip, and you have no cash, as who would on CC, ask for a slip. ;)

Bear3412 said:
Yes.

This kind of excursion will get added to your onboard account, so my technique is to say, if you want a tip, bring a slip.

Odds are there will be a slip to confirm you showed/services rendered, so ... a tip could be added.
It will give you the opportunity to add a tip to the slip, and therefore be charged to the onboard account.
If not, ask for one. If they want a tip, and you have no cash, as who would on CC, ask for a slip. ;)

So it is possible to tip in cash?

Thanks!

Maryrn11168 said:
to avoid the whole sales pitch I write NO SALES on the top of my registration form. I have a hard time saying no and I really don't want to spend the extra money.

Enjoy it:)

Does the "no sales" request work?? I hateeeee how much they try to up sell you in the spa!! I wish they didn't outsource the spa.

sorceressk said:
Does the "no sales" request work?? I hateeeee how much they try to up sell you in the spa!! I wish they didn't outsource the spa.

It works for me. If they try to anyway I just say thank you but I am not interested in hearing about the products now.

Thanks!

Since it is a couples massage, really two people are tipping. So, $20 each I think would be reasonable (total of $40).

DWF

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter