How much room in dodge caravan or 7 passenger mini van

ladeb59

Earning My Ears
I was planning on renting a 7 passenger mini van or dodge caravan from Alamo but am wondering how much room in them. There will be 3 adults and 2 children and 2 small go go scooters. I have a grand cherrokee jeep and able to fit 3 people and 2 scooters. Just wondering how much space is in back drop down seat. The ad says 7 people and 4 suitcases. How info would be helpful. Don't have to go far, just from airport to resort only.

I was planning on renting a 7 passenger mini van or dodge caravan from Alamo but am wondering how much room in them. There will be 3 adults and 2 children and 2 small go go scooters. I have a grand cherrokee jeep and able to fit 3 people and 2 scooters. Just wondering how much space is in back drop down seat. The ad says 7 people and 4 suitcases. How info would be helpful. Don't have to go far, just from airport to resort only.
not as mush as a Jeep Cherrokee. also are any of children in booster/carseats. not sure if a back seat will fold down I know my daughter's the middle seats can fold but not sure about back ones. in her's it would be hard to fir 4 large suitcases in the back. I could see one scooterif it breaks down but not sure about 2. I know we always end up with some of their stuff in back of our truck on trips

Depends on if it is a Caravan or Grand Caravan. We own a regular Caravan and there is very little storage behind the third row seat. My Honda CRV has 2-3 times more storage space. Ours has two captains chairs in the second row and a third row bench seating 3.

Last edited:

My Toyota Sienna has quite a bit of room behind the back seat and it is deep (we put a large plastic tote or large laundry basket back there when we travel, if that helps). I don't know if the Grand Caravan is the same or not.

My Toyota Sienna has quite a bit of room behind the back seat and it is deep (we put a large plastic tote or large laundry basket back there when we travel, if that helps). I don't know if the Grand Caravan is the same or not.
The Grand Caravan has a decent amount of space behind the back seat. And because of the "stow and go" seating, there's a deep well behind that back seat (meant to hold the seats when folded down).

Additionally, there is a "stow and go" well between the front and middle seats that holds the middle seats when folded down. It's not big enough for full size suitcases, but is a great place to put some carry on bags, especially soft sided items. We used it for dirty clothes bags on road trips.

Just don't make the mistake of storing shells from the beach there. We are meticulous at throwing back "occupied" shells, but must have missed on on a long hot FL road trip. :faint: Couldn't wait to get to our next stop and ditch the offending bag of shells!

Fold down the right 40 section of the 3rd row 60/40 bench seat and then you'll have loads of room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!