How much longer?

jsrowdon

Mouseketeer
I know how long the resale process takes has been discussed before, I was pretty familiar with how long the first part of the process would take but not really sure about what is left and I can't seem to find it discussed although I am sure it is here somewhere.

We have sent off all our closing documents and money and as of yesterday they have been received by the title company. I was told the seller has also sent off their documents so I assume the title company has everything at this point.

How long does it normally take to actually close from the time the title company receives all the documents and how long until my account is set up and I can gain access to my points. This is our first contract.

Thanks

Once they have all the documents, it should take no more than two days to close. Once documents are filed with the county, its about two weeks before points are in your account.

How long to have the documents filed with the county?
Depends if your title company files electronically or mails them. Also depends which county we're talking about; HHI, VBR, GCV, and AUL are all different counties than the WDW resorts.

Got an email from my broker this morning that we closed. Now to just wait for the docs to be filed with orange county and for Disney to do their thing.

I wasn't bothered by the wait during most of this process but now that I know we are close it is getting harder to deal with. LOL

If I may ask when did you start the process? I am waiting on a international seller to send in documents, my broker said they would go last weekend to get them notarized, but have'ny heard a word from them as of yet. *** says they don't have docs yet but I was just wondering how long your process has taken. Thank you.

These dates may be a little off because I am just going off what I remember and not looking up every date but they are really close, maybe only off by a day 2 at most.

1/5 - Offer Made
1/9 - Offer Accepted
1/12 - Submitted for RoFR
1/25 - Passed RoFR
2/6 - I Received Closing Docs
2/11 - Mailed off Closing Docs
2/14 - MV Title Co. received closing docs.
2/16 - Closed

I guess there was also the Estopple process sometime between 1/25 and 2/6 but I do not know dates for that. Title company was pretty quite during that time and I didn't ask any questions about it really.

Thank you for the response, I am looking and my dates up until the receiving of closing docs we are running about the same time frame. Where was the seller from?

Seller was in the US, not sure of state, but they were def not international sellers.

Thank you for the info, just anxious to get the add on points and get into the system to schedule something

I completely understand. I have been patient the whole time but now that I know it is almost done I am getting anxious to get to the end.

Got an email from my broker this morning that we closed. Now to just wait for the docs to be filed with orange county and for Disney to do their thing.

I wasn't bothered by the wait during most of this process but now that I know we are close it is getting harder to deal with. LOL

My timeline was pretty similar to yours. We closed 1/27 and received our Member Letter in the mail on 2/11.

Looks like we are on the exact same time frame. Got a call that we closed yesterday - anxious to have it posted to my account so I can use the current year points!

Last edited:
At what point did the title company take a deposit? I signed my contract and asked for deposit instructions. Resale Company said they don't take money until it passes ROFR. That seems quite risky on their part, no?

At what point did the title company take a deposit? I signed my contract and asked for deposit instructions. Resale Company said they don't take money until it passes ROFR. That seems quite risky on their part, no?
Mine took it when offer accepted pre ROFR

I paid my deposit when by offer was accepted and the contract was signed, before it was sent for RoFR. My title company was magic vacation title, I guess others could do it differently but it does seem odd that they wouldn't take a deposit before RoFR.

Seems like Fidelity didn't even submit my contract to ROFR until the deposit check had been received. In the past, with four other contracts and multiple brokers (including Fidelity), they submitted the contract to ROFR as soon as it was signed.

Who's your resale company? That doesn't sound normal, but it the opposite of what I'd worry about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter