How Much Is Your 2022 Disney Vacation Going to Cost You?? $$

Jessiemendez1

Mouseketeer
So we haven't gone since 2019 (thanks Covid) so I feel like I have had a decent amount of time to save up for this trip - but I am still shocked by the prices!! Especially when I look back to what our past trips have cost. I am curious to what everyone is doing to save money, what they're skipping etc, or is it really just pent up demand gone wild.

Roughly 15K Canadian, not counting food and souveneirs. That is flights for 6 people, two rooms off 8 nights, split stay between AoA and AKL, 5 days of tickets with genie plus (we might still add park-hoppers).

my mother is paying for this trip as a special gift for Me and my kids and it is definitely more than we would be able to afford on our own.

I have a spreadsheet for this. :-D TL;DR - $11,000-ish

We pay for our trips with earnings through Swagbucks, and go every other year.

We are a two adult, one 11yo family. This is what our $11k covers:
- A night-before hotel stay at our departing airport
- Three RT airline tickets PVD>MCO via Southwest
- 14 nights in a 2-bedroom Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare we are renting
- 10 day standard Disney park passes (not hopper)
- $300 a day budget for food/drinks/souvenirs
- About $100 in groceries for the timeshare
- Travelling via Uber to and from the parks, and the airport
- Three passes to the airport lounge at MCO
- Three magic bands

I think that's it - I'll edit more in if I missed it!

I have a spreadsheet for this. :-D TL;DR - $11,000-ish

We pay for our trips with earnings through Swagbucks, and go every other year.

We are a two adult, one 11yo family. This is what our $11k covers:
- A night-before hotel stay at our departing airport
- Three RT airline tickets PVD>MCO via Southwest
- 14 nights in a 2-bedroom Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare we are renting
- 10 day standard Disney park passes (not hopper)
- $300 a day budget for food/drinks/souvenirs
- About $100 in groceries for the timeshare
- Travelling via Uber to and from the parks, and the airport
- Three passes to the airport lounge at MCO
- Three magic bands

I think that's it - I'll edit more in if I missed it!
I would love to know how you earn $11000 using swagbucks. you. are. my. hero. :)

More than ever, but we are staying Club Level for the first time.

Our ticket/hotel package for 2 people for 5 nights is right at $6000. We will probably spend about $2000 on food/souvenirs. I haven't booked plane tickets yet and with the price of gas right now, who knows how much those will cost.

Disneyland pricing for 2 adults in September. Some of these are guestimates (WOC Dessert, Fantasmic dinner, Bash tickets) but it helps plan accordingly and I can change inputs later when we get concrete details.

My spreadsheet has us at right below 5k, with taxes and my guesstimates probably increasing rather than decreasing.. $5500 is a good amount for us to aim for.

DLH for 4 nights - 2420
Self Parking - 140
3 day 1 park Tickets - 660
Oogie Boogie Bash - 240
Food - 600
WOC Dessert - 168
Gas - 140
Driving/In Room Snacks - 50
Fantasmic BB Dinner - 150
Shopping - 400

Last edited:
Family of 5 - June 2022 = $ 6,235
5 Tickets (4 day non hoppers) -$1900 (kids are getting florida resident verified by grandparents)
6 nights at CBR - $1985
Flights from Boston to MCO including two checked suitcases - $950 (got a wicked good sale on Black Friday)
Parking at airport - $230
Sunshine Flyer - $170
Other stuff - $1000 (food and souvenirs)

I was actually panicked about how much more I’m spending this trip than before, but now that I see it all spelled out it’s actually pretty similar or less than I’ve spent on previous trips. I did look up what It would cost if I booked the same flights today and it’s about $2,500.

2 adults and a 15 year old turning 16, 7 nights Poly garden view room with 6 park days = 6650. Will probably add Genie +. We are driving from NC, so unsure now what to budget for gas. I pack a picnic lunch and snacks for the road going down and have a Chick fil a gift card for trip home. We have 700. In rewards from Disney Visa to use toward meals + a 100. RFC gift card. We plan to do 1 TS meal, 1 CS meal and 1 snack each day + 1 breakfast if we can get reservations. We will purchase 3 refillable mugs at resort = 60. + tax. The remainder of breakfast and snacks we will bring and I will purchase over time as to not really affect weekly grocery budget. I will budget another 1000 for meals. I have 400. In gift cards and will continue to buy a 25. Gift card in Target each week to use for souvenirs, misc, snacks, etc. I’m considering renting a poolside patio and doing a desert party so another 500. Not sure what I’m missing, but that’s my budget so fat!

I spent a lot of time in the parks alone during COVID-19, making eight week-long trips in 2020 and the first half of 2021. I spent about $2,000 per week between tickets, hotels (off-property), food, tickets (no annual passes offered at that time), Uber, and flights (Allegiant)

Looking at the other responses I can't tell if $2,000 is too high or too low 😂

$5500 plus DVC stay (7 days)

This includes 4 day tickets for 3, plane tickets, food, genie plus

more than I planned to spend but this was our first big trip since pandemic

Gas to drive Montreal-Orlando both ways: 600$ Total (We drive a hybrid PHEV)
Hotels at Charleston,SC and Amelia Island on the way (4 nights total): Airmiles rewards
Hotel at WDW (Dolphin for 8 nights all-included): 2400$
Tickets: Airmiles rewards
Souvenirs and special tours/events: 1000$
Dining and snacks for 13 days total (5 days not at WDW, my kids are older so we don’t need to do as many character or buffets and we eat breakfast in room): 2500$
Outlet shopping: 500$

Total out of pocket: 7000$usd

2 Adults - 8 Nights - DVC Stay at BLT
Resort Room = $0 (gift from in-laws = BIG Savings)
5 day Park Hoppers - Military = $690
Estimated Flights - MHT - MCO = $600
Estimated Food - $1600 (purchased discounted gift cards for payment)
Snacks/Water for Resort = $50
Rental Car = $285

Estimate Total = $3225

We are doing it very different this year just one park day and a star cruiser run. 2 adults 2 Disney adult kids (11,15)
around 11000$ during spring break
7400$ for 2 night star cruiser.

550$ Dvc member 4 nights at boardwalk 550$ Is my dues for that amount of points (my Dvc cost 8000 up front during the recession but I’ve used it for 10 years so don’t really include the buy in I’ve made my value back).

600$ for four one day military with Disney plus magic kingdom tickets

600$ for cirque.

300$ per day for food and swag less starcruiser days where food is covered.

$7300 for a one week trip for six adults in Orlando over spring break. This also includes some theme park tickets and some meals for two other adults who live in the area (day at Busch Gardens for cousin who lives in Tampa) and (SeaWorld season pass and day at Epcot for nephew who lives in Orlando).

We get by with $50 pp per day for meals, as we eat counter service at parks and do some cooking in at the condo. We also have a resort day where we'll go to my nephew's house in Orlando and have a BBQ there one evening. We also have a paddle board nature excursion day and another BBQ around Coco Beach. Those big BBQs are fun and less expensive than eating out.

Air was a lot pricier than I have paid for other spring break trips. $400 - $500 pp. I had some frequent flyer miles I was able to use for just some of the people (three out of the six). Otherwise this would have been a budget buster.

We are staying at the Sheraton Vistana Resort (six of us in a two bedroom / two bath condo) -- great place and pretty economical. (Timeshare trade for resale condo we have in Sedona, so our $800 maintenance fee plus a $250 exchange fee) -- so that comes out to about $150 a night for a place that sleeps the six of us pretty comfortably and is a great family hang out place too with nice amenities (balcony, pool, hot tub, 10 lighted tennis courts for the tennis playing family -- pretty sweet).

We are doing a day at SeaWorld, two days at Disney, and four are doing a park to park day and Universal with a one time express pass. That Universal day was an expensive splurge for the 20 somethings by me ($340 pp for that -- ouch - about 200 for the park to park one day tickets about about $130 for the one time express passes). The same day the four are going to Universal/IOA, two of us will visit my cousin in Tampa and all go to Busch Gardens. Busch Gardens is a pretty inexpensive add on to SeaWorld. A combo tickets to those two parks is $120 pp, so just $60 pp per park day plus parking. I budgeted for LL and Genie + for the Disney days too.

I got a decent deal on a name brand rental car ($375 for the week at Alamo). I booked this about 10 months ago. If I booked that same car today it would be over $600. Since we have six we'll be doing two cars for some things, our rental and my nephew who lives in Orlando's car. Some will need to do a few uber rides too that I have in the budget as my nephew won't be with us every day (has a business to run). My rental car doesn't hold six. I looked at a minivan, but it was a budget buster and we can get by easily enough without it.

My budget includes boarding my dog and putting him in Doggy Daycamp too FYI which is setting me back about $500 for the week.

Can't wait.

I go to Orlando a lot and usually come in super close on what I budget (practically have it down to a science). I have a bit of a bean counter personality, so like to track everything closely and see how I do. Food and gas prices are up and I think I've accounted for that. We'll see.

It's wild. I have a Colorado trip this summer too and that is so close to this Orlando trip budget wise. Lodging will be way more expensive, but I don't have expensive theme parks days (less expensive park and museum admissions with one jeep tour that's a little pricey - more like a theme park day). Colorado (all over the state), Sedona, AZ and Orlando, FL seem to be favorite vacation destinations for my family - tons of fun things to do and they usually fit in the ole vacation budget.

With how expensive airfare has gotten, I think we'll be mostly sticking to the US for vacations. We also don't want to deal with figuring out extra travel insurance and contingency plans with international travel. The need to have a negative Covid test to get back into the country is just something we don't want to deal with. Even though we are fully vaccinated and boosted, it's still really easy to get a mild case of covid. I was around someone who had Covid before Christmas before they knew they had it, I had no symptoms, but got tested out of caution and tested positive.

Last edited:
Flights for 4 - Using points (Southwest welcome bonus)
2 nights at Royal Pacific and 2 park to park tickets for Universal for 4 - Using points (Chase Sapphire Preferred welcome bonus + a few referral bonuses)
6 day Disney park hopper for 4 - $2,300
8 nights at Copper Creek - $1,300 (Renting DVC points for $10 per point from a friend. This is where we're really saving money.)
Dining for 4 people for 10 days and souvenirs - $2,500 - $3,000

Last edited:
Flights for 4 - Using points (Southwest welcome bonus)
2 nights at Royal Pacific and 2 park to park tickets for Universal for 4 - Using points (Chase Sapphire Preferred welcome bonus + a few referral bonuses)
6 day Disney park hopper for 4 - $2,300
8 nights at Copper Creek - $1,300 (Renting DVC points for $10 per point)
Dining for 4 people for 10 days and souvenirs - $2,500 - $3,000
@lsutigers03...is one of the DVC renting sites selling points for $10 each, or did you get a great deal from a friend/relative?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter