• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much is the build-a-dino at Trex Cafe?

M&E

Mouseketeer
And would a 6 and 8 year old boy enjoy this? They like stuffed animals as long as they look kind of "real"

I depends on what all you buy. I think we ended up spending around $60 - $70 there for DS, but he got clothes and a baby for his dinosaur, and we had them add a roar sound in the dino as well. It kind of added up....

You can go to the website and check it out if you want to have an idea.

http://www.buildadino.com/default.aspx

I have been several times. Its just like build a bear except dino"s and a bit smaller. Prices aresames as bab the aberage person spends about $35 per. animal. Of coarse youcanspend more or less thats just on average. If they like bab they should like build a dino. If flying you can just buy the animal skin unstuffed and take it to any bab and they will stuff it for free now thats not as fun ( to wait) but it saves suitcase room, thats what we do.

thanks for the link to the web site. That's exactly what I needed.

I think we'll be going to DTD on the day we leave so they'll most likely want them stuffed and then just have them as carry-ons on the plane but that's a good idea about having them unstuffed to save room in your suitcase.

We will be having lunch here on our 1st day at Disney and I pre-ordered each Grandchild a $40.00 Gift Card so they could Build-a-Dino.

I want to say we spend about $20 per dino, per trip. Now our son doesn't get clothes or accessories for it. He just gets the dino stuffed and that is it. I guess you can spend a whole lot more if you add things to it though.

How cool! I might do that with DD. We're eating at T-Rex and she loves dinos.

Build a Dino is the same as Build bear BUT it's not exactly owned by Build a bear Workshop. You can use Build a bear gift cards there and at the Rainforest Cafe's that have Build a bear inside their gift shops. Pleae note if their systems are down they cannot take them (obviously) However Build a Dino and the Rainforest build a bears DO NOT TAKE Build a bear worskshop coupons,and they do not accept Stuff fo Stuff points (rewards) some, not all build a bears may however add your receipt points to the SFS club for you if you show them your receipt. I think this part is actually hit or miss...they are phasing the adding of other stores points out.

Build a Dino is the same as Build bear BUT it's not exactly owned by Build a bear Workshop. You can use Build a bear gift cards there and at the Rainforest Cafe's that have Build a bear inside their gift shops.

Okay, so I can use them at the one in DTD with the Dino Cafe then?

Okay, so I can use them at the one in DTD with the Dino Cafe then?

I ordered my T-Rex Gift Cards from Landry's Restaurants on line.

I also ordered A gift Card for Granson for the Lego Store.

we spent about 40 bucks a piece. but each child got a dino, an outfit and shoes. Second time we went we got a dino and an outfit but no accessories. I think it was around 50 that time but my daughter got a baby dino and a purse for it. I can be expensive, but you can also do it on the cheap. over a year later and neither of the boys' dinos have their clothes on, and my daughters Apatasaurus has it's dress on but no shoes.

You can use bab gift cards at trex cafe dino store, I called store and asked when they opened. I also found out that I could use laundys gc from mypoints to pay for my dino as this is what I did. I found more dino skins ran 18-22 and clothes run 4.00 for undies-15.00 for dresses/top and pants.

I want to say we spend about $20 per dino, per trip. Now our son doesn't get clothes or accessories for it. He just gets the dino stuffed and that is it. I guess you can spend a whole lot more if you add things to it though.

DS has 3 dinos now and all were about $20-$25. Just the dino and the sound. No clothes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter