How much is sales tax?

MrsArcher2B

Earning My Ears
Google is not playing ball with me, lol. Could someone please confirm what percent sales tax is right now?

Also, do you know if it is likely to increase by May 2018?

I'm from the UK so tax is already included in all of our prices. Just trying to get an idea on spending money, etc.

Thanks in advance :-):thanks:

Around Disney World you'll mostly pay 6.5% sales tax on items and meals. Lodging is taxed at 12.5%. I don't know of any proposed tax rate increases but I'm not a local; I think you're safe to plan on the 6.5% rate for your visit.

Around Disney World you'll mostly pay 6.5% sales tax on items and meals. Lodging is taxed at 12.5%. I don't know of any proposed tax rate increases but I'm not a local; I think you're safe to plan on the 6.5% rate for your visit.
Animal Kingdom and the All Stars are 7.5% for sales tax as they are in Osceola County, the rest of property is 6.5%.

I had no idea Florida state sales tax was so much lower than our own. Does Florida have state income taxes?

I wish our sales tax were that low. We're running anywhere between maybe 7.5% and well over 10% depending on which exact community I shop in. Then there's the sugared beverage tax so I have to watch which county I buy my soda pop in. Yesterday I misjudged which county we were in and paid 32 cents in extra tax (in addition to sales tax) on a $1 Coke.

Thanks so much everyone. I thought it was around 7% but all the different areas confuse the life out of me.

Dina i had no idea there could be different tax areas within Disney. Good to know.

I thought the airport was all tax free before and got caught out on a bottle of coke x

Thanks so much everyone. I thought it was around 7% but all the different areas confuse the life out of me.

Dina i had no idea there could be different tax areas within Disney. Good to know.

I thought the airport was all tax free before and got caught out on a bottle of coke x
Most major airports will have a duty free store(s), but all other retail locations are subject to local sales tax.

I wish our sales tax were that low. We're running anywhere between maybe 7.5% and well over 10% depending on which exact community I shop in. Then there's the sugared beverage tax so I have to watch which county I buy my soda pop in. Yesterday I misjudged which county we were in and paid 32 cents in extra tax (in addition to sales tax) on a $1 Coke.
Most major airports will have a duty free store(s), but all other retail locations are subject to local sales tax.

Yes you are right

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!