How much for food per day for a family of 4?

Anybody else experience this..? When we were there, none of us had much of an appetite. I think we were just excited to be there, distracted...

We do that too, but it's mainly b/c we're hotter than normal. It's the same at Folk Life and Bumbershoot (hey!), and if we go to the Fair it's the same. We just don't really eat when it's hot.

OP! Check out the menus, and once you've done that to figure out what the no-food-issues side of the family might want, call Disney Dining and ask to be put through to Chef Chris. He's in charge of helping people with food issues like celiac and whatnot, and even food choices like our vegetarianism. Leave a detailed message, and he will call you back to help out! He's very nice and kind, and wants to make sure no one gets sick from eating something wrong for their diet there!

I'm glad to see that it looks like your long awaited trip is finally getting close!!!!!

I am planning on spending about $350.00/day we are doing character meals everyday and BB as well as CC and various snacks in the park... We will probably spend more than that, because of drinks during the day(I am so against dragging water bottles in the stroller!) The only problem I am having is with the character meals - my son only eats like 2 chicken nuggets and then is full! I guess we are actually just paying the characters to come to him... :laughing:

I feel we eat more in the park because of suggestive selling and the smell they pump out into the air... what is it?!?! vanilla :worship:

I would suggest making your food budget a little higher than you expect so that way you are not shocked when you get in the park and realize $30 doesn't go very far. Also if you call to make any reservations the CM will ask if their is any food allergies, you can let them know. They will probably let you know what is safe and so on... Not sure though, no food allergies here.

We will likely bring in some food for my DD15 who is vegan and has only VERY limited choice on food.

You need to call Chef Chris too! I posted about it two posts up from this one. :)

I also wanted to add that we generally budget $100 per day for food AND souvenirs. Two adults, one growing 4 year old, but we're vegetarian (so food is more limited than for omnivores) and hubby and son can't eat the "junk" food at the parks (even more so now for hubby, who was just diagnosed with diabetes on Monday :(), and like I mentioned above, we just don't tend to eat much there. We share most meals and don't buy soft drinks or juice in the parks, and bring in our own granola bars (more snacks for hubby to be figured out later) and water and such.

This is how I plan:

2 Adults, 3 Teenager's

$20 Per Meal, 3 meals per day, per person. So $60 Per Person per Day. $300 for all of us per day. Most of the time we have money leftover, because of Contintal Breakfast or missing Breakfast sometimes. Lunch doesn't always come up to $20 per person, more likely around $10.... The Leftover money can go for snacks, drinks, Pin Trading! Goodies!! Gifts!

You need to call Chef Chris too! I posted about it two posts up from this one. :).

Yes I will likely do so when our trip gets closer. I have been to Disney many times as a vegetarian, just started eating meat again about a year or so ago. But going with a vegan is a new thing. After looking over menu's there are so few thing that I am finding for my DD. Even worse she is very picky, she is a challange to feed at home, let alone at a restaurant.

Funny we always eat less when we are at Disneyland. Probably because we are too busy having fun to eat.

I just realized I am always on the Atkins diet to maintain my weight lose, which means my family is on a modified version of the diet and when we get in the park we endulge in everything we haven't been allowed in our everyday life - probably why we eat more food and snacks! popcorn:: :mickeybar
I can't wait to go off!!!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter