How much for DD friends' birthday?

trayletha

<font color=red>Sign me up<br><font color=indigo>Y
How much do you usually spend for your children’s' friends on their birthdays? I'm thinking of getting Wal-Mart GC for at least one (she's booked the next three weekends!) do you think $10.00 is OK?

I may be cheap but I spend about $10 - $15 on my kids school friends. Thats about the value of the gifts my girls have received from school friends as well.

If they are closer friends, then more like $25.

Close family = $50.

Hope this helps.

I too like to stay as low as possible without giving total crap. $10 GC sounds fine. I have been able to find deals on some really great gifts for even under $10 but looks like I spent much more. ToysRUs is having the green tag sale here this week (ny) but I don't know what age you are shopping for. I will head over there tomorrow and buy a few things for when the parties start popping up when school starts.

Good luck!!

I usually get a gift valued at $20.00, I get a lot of things on sale and save it up. Really close friends get more.

For gift cards for tweeners and up, a card the value of the age is nice. $11 for an 11th birthday, $13 for a 13th and so forth. Doesn't work in the child's benefit for the little guys, or in my interests for upper teens!!

It really depends on what they spend on us. Sounds odd I know but I don't want someone to feel bad that they coul donly spend a little on our dd's birthday so I try to match.

Usually $10-20 though.

I think $10 is great especially for young child.

I would say I usually spend between $7 and $15. I am a great bargain shopper, so if I find a great deal, I pick it up. For the little ones, you can get great stuff for under $10 and I also love giving books as gifts.

nboicepardee said:
I would say I usually spend between $7 and $15. I am a great bargain shopper, so if I find a great deal, I pick it up. For the little ones, you can get great stuff for under $10 and I also love giving books as gifts.

A $10 GC to the book store is GREAT for kids too since they can get most any children's book for that amount. :flower:

We give a gift with a $10-12 value. Of course I stock up during the toy clearances so the cost for me is 2.50-4. With every kid in PS having parties it sure adds up! My value limit for a family gift is 20.

DD11 friends get at least 15 and at most 20. 15 for the run of the mill classmate party, 20 for her best friends, those she has been going to bday parties since 1st grade or earlier. We usually get a small gift, and a gift card that goes along with the kid's interest, i.e. one girl got an American Girl pin and a gift cert to a bookstore so she could get books of her choosing. The party was an AG theme. Pin was nominal price 1 or 2 dollars, and a 15 gift cert.

I base the amount of the gift on two factors: How close of a friend they are and what type of party it is. I usually spend between $15-25. If it is an at-home party I probably go with $15. A party at a roller-rink or moonbounce place I would do $20. A really good friend $25 (probably 2 kids have gotten that much).

I usually spend in the $20's for my DD's friends and for her close group about $35ish. She is a teen though which does make a difference in my opinion. When she was little I probably spent $10-$15.

Usually under $15, including nieces and nephews, as well. If the party is held at the local children's gym, I spend up to $20.

lovelyk68 said:
I base the amount of the gift on two factors: How close of a friend they are and what type of party it is. I usually spend between $15-25. If it is an at-home party I probably go with $15. A party at a roller-rink or moonbounce place I would do $20. A really good friend $25 (probably 2 kids have gotten that much).
This is the going $$$ in my area +-5...Since PS there has been a huge drop off of invitations. In K I think my boys got 5-6 and in 1st grade they got 3 each(seperate classes). Next year I think I am going to have them each invite 3-4 friends and that's it! (I hate the competition for parties there seems to be in this area...every one is trying to one up each other...my boys didn't have a party this year...we were at WDW, but we treated any classmates/siblings that were vacationing at the same time to Chef Mickey...so I guess I am a big hypocrite :rotfl: :rotfl: )

I am greatful for the drop in the number of invites in a way. Last year we invited everyone in DS's K class since I didn't want to leave anyone out, his PS friends who he had been friends with for 4 years, and the kids who we have known since he was born in the playgroup we went to. I moved the party from the house to the Y's pool. Only 2 kids in his K class RSVPd & only one of those showed up. Noone else in the class sent out invites to a party during the year. This year I am just letting him invite 8 kids to the house for pizza, cake, & a movie. These are the PS kids who always come & they all play well together & listen well (behave). For DD I am not even bothering to invite anyone from her K class. Her bday is 9/4 so too close to the beginning of school to make friends. We are having 3 of her best friends from PS over for a dress up make up princess tea party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter