How much do you tip housekeeping at 2-bedroom timeshare resorts?

Lucky'sMom

DIS Veteran
What would you leave for daily housekeeping at a timeshare resort (Like a Marriott Grande Vista/Cypress Harbour, Vistana Resort, etc) and where did you leave the tip? Thanks:)

It all depends on what they clean. I cant imagine them changing the sheets everyday. That being said I typically leave $5.00 per room for a typical hotel suite. I also leave the money out everyday in an easy to spot area. I do not like leaving all the tips on the last day because the same person may not be there that day. Also, I notice by leaving a daily tip I usually have a cleaner room earlier and plenty of towels.

I usually leave $10 for a 2BR when we leave as we haven't had housekeeping the entire time for a timeshare. We don't leave it a mess...

Unlike hotels, the housekeeping staff at timeshare resorts is normally paid a living wage and they don't necessarily expect tips. Housekeeping services at timeshare resorts are usually only provided on weekly check-out days, not daily, unless the guest is renting nightly from the resort directly and not through an owner.

We usually leave about $1-$2 per room (~$5-$10 for the condo, depending on unit size and how clean it was on arrival) - if we remember :guilty: :confused3 . We leave it with a slip of paper that says "thank you" on the kitchen counter when we leave to check-out. But remember that this is definitely not "expected" as it is with a regular suite hotel. Timeshare owners' annual maintenance fees include housekeeping service as a budget line item and it's supposed to be at a higher salary rate than it would be where tips are assumed. HTH.

We are renting on a nightly basis through the resort, not from an owner, so we do get daily housekeeping...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter