• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much do you pay neighbor kids to shovel your driveway?

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
Ok. so after my last thread of not wanting to shovel, I see 4 kids out snowblowing/shoveling a driveway and now they're doing mine. yay! How much to pay them?

How long / wide is your driveway?

We had come kids come through and offer to shovel ours for $2. We had already done ours, but I sent her over to our elderly neighbor's house. She paid $4, and I bet she was thrilled!

Denae

If they did not negotiate a price first then it is a kind favor. So cost is just a plate of warm cookies. Hhehehehehee

But seriously, how big is the drive and how many kids? Two cars wide and two cars long? I guess it depends how long it takes them. $10 an hour for unskilled manual labor is probably better than they will get after high school.

Mikeeee

I am forty something years old. When I was a teen we got $10-20 for a two car drive, total. Usualy two or three of us would be shoveling and would split that.
We would skip the big U-turn driveways unless they were willing to pay about $50 or more.

Mikeeee

The neighbor kid shoveled my driveway last week. He wanted $10, but we gave him $15. My driveway is flat, 2 cars wide, about 2 cars long and it took him about an hour. And we had about 6 inches of snow.

One car driveway I pay 25.00 to a neighbors kid to shovel, I think he likes my other neighbors better though, they give him 40 for the same job LOL.

We hired 2 companies this year to do our driveway. I hired one without talking to DH; he hired another. First 2 snows, neither showed up. The company I hired, I have already paid them $99 for the season, which DH is trying to get them to refund. The company DH hired was $250 to be paid at the end of the season.

Now if we have more than 2-3 inches of snow, my next door neighbor's son (Sr. in HS) does it and I pay him $20. Our driveway is 2 cars wide and 5 cars long.

Kids in my neighborhood won't do anything for $2!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter